• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What if...

michmarc

With the rumor of a new type of boosted good going around, I was thinking about what they could do that would be totally different: Encroaching Goods: Encroaching Planks are Kudzu; Encroaching Steel is Rust; and Encroaching Marble is Rubble.

These are goods that accumulate on their own and you have a hard time getting rid of. Each night, they also accumulate by 10% (rather than decay) converting a like amount of the corresponding basic good into encroaching goods (up to the limit of what you own). For example, if you have 15000 Kudzu in stock, it will automatically convert 1500 Planks into 1500 Kudzu.

If quantities of Encroaching Goods are not kept under control, you may find it difficult to keep your Standard goods in stock.

michmarc

And that's what makes it interesting. There would be research and/or guest goods that require them (to give you a reason to make any at all), but no way to just arbitrarily get rid of them.

Anyway, it's just a silly idea. (If I wanted it to be seriously considered, I'd have put it in the new ideas forum.)

DeletedUser2959

And that's what makes it interesting. There would be research and/or guest goods that require them (to give you a reason to make any at all), but no way to just arbitrarily get rid of them.

Anyway, it's just a silly idea. (If I wanted it to be seriously considered, I'd have put it in the new ideas forum.)
Never feel silly for offering an idea. I kinda like it.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
i'll be interested to see what they will be doing with them
especially since, if they work in a similar way to other boosts, a lot of us will start right off with millions in storage and full boost

Deleted User - 4646370

We'd need to get rid of them outside of chapters... else stocks would grow exponentially between chapters.
I think we could get a production in unboosted manufactories to transform these encroaching goods in regular goods.
But once one reach 0 of these encroaching goods one doesn't need to bother with them anymore... another thing to fix (perhaps adding a decay based on your regular goods stock)