• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What improvements does my city need?

Moho

Chef
Like everyone playing Elvenar, probably, I constantly wonder how I can best improve my city. The city I am talking about in this thread is my first city, the one that I started about a year ago. I'm not planning an overhaul, but some sensible polishing of what I already have here. And there are already certain issues I can identify and plan to work on. However, I would like to first see what other players have to say without me revealing what I may or may not do first. Of course I will mention these things a bit later. Right now I would like to show what my city looks like.

A few observations: My city is in Chapter 5. It's been there for a long time and I want to advance at a very slow pace. The city enables me to successfully approach the Spire through both catering and fighting. It is a feature I intend to keep.

Please let me know what you think at first sight. :)
c i t y.jpg

a r c h.jpg

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Moho What world are you in? I am in that rare minority of players who does not use EA and prefers to manage my cities in the game. I honestly can't make heads or tails of the diagram you posted. But if you are in Arendyll, Khelonaar, or Winyandor then I'll visit your city in the game and look things over.

Moho

Chef
I honestly can't make heads or tails of the diagram you posted.
Hmm. I did have the impression that things looked undistinguishable but I hoped it was just me. My city is in Ceravyn.

There's nothing to worry about though. I am planning to focus on specific areas of my city in this discussion and I'll take larger pictures of those corners. Not right now but pretty soon. :)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Moho I think players who use the city planning tools of Elvenarchitect would understand it fine. I am not one of those. ;) But I can offer you some advice as you move from chapter 5 to Dwarves. Are you playing as human or as an elf?

Moho

Chef
But I can offer you some advice as you move from chapter 5 to Dwarves.
Maybe I was not clear enough.

Long time ago I remember reading that glass was actually a liquid of high viscosity. Now I see that the Internet says glass is a state of matter between liquid and solid. Glass atoms move just like those of any other liquid, only they do it so slowly that any changes are impossible to perceive.

This is what I plan for my city in terms of advancement through the chapters. If I could, I would stay in Chapters 5 forever. :)

Sprite1313

@Moho, I guess I'm not understanding your question. Is this a philosophical question, or did you have specific goals in mind? Are you looking to maximize space usage? I did a quick look on EA and you have a lot of buildings along streets that don't need to be. You could save 25 road tiles with some rearranging. But that would possibly be with a goal of moving towards the next chapter. Or, if you rearranged a little, you would have more room for upcoming event buildings. Here is my initial swing on EA. You could also trade in some of those larger culture/pop buildings for some smaller ones that fit in to nooks and crannies, or others that are better on a per square amount. However, if those are buildings that bring you joy, that would have to be part of your plan.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Maybe I was not clear enough.

Long time ago I remember reading that glass was actually a liquid of high viscosity. Now I see that the Internet says glass is a state of matter between liquid and solid. Glass atoms move just like those of any other liquid, only they do it so slowly that any changes are impossible to perceive.

This is what I plan for my city in terms of advancement through the chapters. If I could, I would stay in Chapters 5 forever. :)
Wait, you are in chapter 5 and you are trying to plan your city into future guest race chapters beyond Dwarves? Is that what you are saying? That is simply not going to work. I do not think you yet understand how big a difference guest races make in city planning and how much your residences, workshops, and manufactories will change size in the next few chapters.

Sprite1313

Wait, you are in chapter 5 and you are trying to plan your city into future guest race chapters beyond Dwarves? Is that what you are saying? That is simply not going to work. I do not think you yet understand how big a difference guest races make in city planning and how much your residences, workshops, and manufactories will change size in the next few chapters.
@Henroo, I think @Moho is planning for super slow advancement. Like 2 years per chapter? Maybe, like Drax, to have the ability to be so still as to become invisible? ;)

Moho

Chef
I did a quick look on EA and you have a lot of buildings along streets that don't need to be. You could save 25 road tiles with some rearranging. But that would possibly be with a goal of moving towards the next chapter. Or, if you rearranged a little, you would have more room for upcoming event buildings. Here is my initial swing on EA.
Wow. You're amazing at this. I'll be studying this reconfiguration today. Thank you a lot.

And by the way, I have enough buildings in my inventory to do further adjustments.

Wait, you are in chapter 5 and you are trying to plan your city into future guest race chapters beyond Dwarves? Is that what you are saying?
No, I'm saying I don't want to plan my city for future chapters. At least not yet. :)

Maybe, like Drax, to have the ability to be so still as to become invisible? ;)
Exactly.

Moho

Chef
which gives you space to upgrade the lvl 4 residence.
The level 4 residence is placed in my city for quest reasons. I will upgrade it when a quest requires it. It will be deleted afterwards.

Thank you for your solution as well. I will be studying this today as well.

There are many things to consider because I think certain buildings could be done away with. Plus, I must see whether or not the current event building set will be added to my city or not.

Lots of things to think about and keep me busy with. Quality escapism.

Moho

Chef
a r m y.jpg

Above all, I think I should get rid of the Bumblebee Stables. Their productivity rate is low, I don't use Drone Riders that much (i.e. almost not at all), and I can make use of superior culture buildings which do not need to be adjacent to a road. Thus, I could obtain extra space with relatively little or no sacrifice.

Moreover, the Triumph of the Tides produces quite a lot of Vallorian Guards, which makes the two Vallorian Valors a little redundant. If I see I start running out of Vallorian Guards, I could teleport the Red Panda Master termporarily and use one Vallorian Valor to boost production for a while until I'm satisfied with the troops number. Doing away with the Vallorian Guards would save me additional space.

I definitely need the Traning Dojos and the Brown Bear. And I'm satisfied with the production speed of my training grounds and Barracs.

The Grounds of the Orc Strategist are also useful. There are four at the moment, but I think I can manage with only three.

Thus, only by operating these reductions I may obtain about 30 free tiles or more, depending on how things will work out.

Last edited:

BrinDarby

@Moho ,
I also dink'd with ur current city and got between 17-25 less roads.....
If you're on Sloth Speed, (as am I) then not sure really how we can help.
For comparison tho, Here is my CH 4 city (main). I moved the stuff that
normally goes back to inventory during a FA so I can run 10w / 21 t1.
in the plan to the right, currently I'm using them in my city.
( Troops trainable are in Yellow )
1643467409329.png

Depending on Playstyle and normal hrs online, most ppl's city varies.

What exactly do you want input on ??? personally I think ur troops are low.

Attachments

• 1643467104705.png
    1643467104705.png
    186.1 KB · Views: 48

Moho

Chef
What exactly do you want input on ??? personally I think ur troops are low.
I want a more efficient use of city space. The answers I have received so far are really valuable.

I will work on increasing the number of troops. Thank you. :)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Using Moho's original layout, I've consolidate the space, used 1 more road, and put all the things in groups, except military.

As a suggestion you might like to move toward making things into a square. 11x6 is where you are at now, and, generally speaking, a "long and narrow" space is harder to fill effeciently than a square one ...like 11 x 11, for instance.

AJ

Moho

Chef
I've consolidate the space, used 1 more road, and put all the things in groups, except military.
Thank you for your suggestion too. :)

I can't believe the patience of the people who have helped me better things to find a better layout. I for one would be able to do that only if I drew things on a piece of paper. I had the feeling that there were ways to improve my city but I just couldn't get started...