• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What is a fair return on KPs given (not traded) to other players?

MichaelMichael

For clarity, I'd like to limit the discussion to when the AW is not near completion and the gift is at risk to be outbid.

My thoughts are no more than about 80% of what expected value of the next lower chest.

Example: If the
  1. top chest is worth 4 Shards (15 points) and 65 in KP instants - 125 KPs total and
  2. the next chest is worth 3 Shards and 45 KP instants - 90 KP
  3. then a reasonable bid is 70 KPs for the top chest.
All thoughts are appreciated. BTW under this logic, the last chest is only worth 1 KP as it is easily outbit.

Last edited:

ed1960

Buddy Fan Club member
I guess I am missing your point or your logic fails, the expectation of a fair return is not an option. The game says if you are the in the top spot no matter the amount you gave you get "X" reward and so on down to the last chest.

Even, If I drop 5 KP into anothers AW and they finish it off seconds later and nobody else has dropped any KP I get the top reward, End of story.
If I drop 250KP and everyone else drops 251 I would get the last chest of 5KP instant, End of story.

Ed

Killy-

I don't think I understand the premise? What system we are talking and what do you mean by risk to be outbid? In net0 for example you put in 125 for that chest.

ed1960

Buddy Fan Club member
I don't think I understand the premise? What system we are talking and what do you mean by risk to be outbid? In net0 for example you put in 125 for that chest.
Since the OP didnt mention net0 ( or any other Aw leveling ) I would not include this in the analysis.

Ed

Enevhar Aldarion

For an extra wrinkle or complication in your math, a rune shard for any Wonder I have in my city, I only count as 10 KP, since that is what it is worth in my AW. So 4 shards in someone else's AW is 60 KP, but if I have that AW, it is 40 I am giving up to put 60 in their AW. Because of that, those 20 point AKs you can win are equal to two rune shards for my AW, 20 for 20. Now, if it for an AW I do not have built, and will never build, I don't care how many rune shards I put in to get a top chest, though I try to limit it to 10 shards, or 150 points, if I can. And I try to avoid any Wonders that look to be part of an obvious KP chain.

Flashfyre

I'll throw this into the mix as well:
How are you factoring the growth of chests as a given AW raises its level?
As we all know, the higher an AW is leveled, more (and better) reward chests are added. So if the top chest (of 4) has 1 rune for a Lvl 5 AW, and that same AW at Lvl 10 has made the top chest a 2-rune chest, while adding another low-level chest (now 5 chests total), is the value of each top chest the same, or different?