• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What is happen with the contest for better city, now all section in forum contest is deleted,illegal

DeletedUser19284

What is happen with the contest for better city, now all section in forum contest is deleted and no information about why, just Hypocrisy here!
In my country is illegal to do contest and after started, you deleted and say nothing! I thinking to to report to the authorities for fraud in a competition this forum, Elvenar group and Innogames.

DeletedUser8192

What is happen with the contest for better city, now all section in forum contest is deleted and no information about why, just Hypocrisy here!
In my country is illegal to do contest and after started, you deleted and say nothing! I thinking to to report to the authorities for fraud in a competition this forum, Elvenar group and Innogames.

I apologize Matrice but I am having some trouble understanding the point of your complaint.
If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying that INNO started a contest but then shut it down which you deem to be a violation of law, based on fraud, is that correct?

If so, are you basing this off of you or others spending real money on the contest and then losing it, or utilizing in-game objects such as boosts (which you may have paid for as well) and losing them?

If this is something to do with money spent and then the contest shut-down, then it would certainly be appropriate to make contact with Senior Management and request reimbursement. If they refuse then you can certainly look at your options such as having your financial institution return your funds, contacting the Office of Fair Trading if you are in the E.U. or even the regulatory folks where INNO is headquartered (BaFin is a great place to make contact and ask them to point you in the right direction. They are the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority in Germany, so even if they do not regulate directly, they would more than likely know who does. BaFin.de is their website.

First things first though, before contacting those folks, and if you strike out with Senior Support, I would send contact by registered mail to INNO H.Q. and ask the head folks to please review your complaint.
Be calm, be polite and give them fact and not a lot of bluster. Provide any supporting documentation you might have IE, screenshots, financial charges ETC. and you may be pleasantly surprised by how they choose to rectify the problem.

(If that doesn't work you could always take a bigger step and send a letter to Modern Times Group in Sweden who now own a controlling percentage of INNO.) Perhaps partners on the outside would like to start tracking and remedying these complaints

INNO Address
Friesenstraße 13
20097 Hamburg
Germany
Phone
+ 49 40 7889335-0
Fax
+49 40 7889335-200
Email
info@innogames.com

Modern Times Group
Headquarters
Modern Times Group MTG AB
Skeppsbron 18, Box 2094,
111 30 Stockholm, Sweden
Tel: +46 8 562 000 50

Other than that, if INNO felt they needed to do something to the game and simply shut it down (without taking peoples money or boosts without reimbursement) then I am not sure there is much you can do as it is within the realm of their ownership to make changes as needed for the system, a bummer it is, but, there may be reasons they have not notified you about yet as a player.

(hope that makes sense, Been a long couple of weeks for me and I am pretty tired.)

Seachant.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17667

If the contest was scheduled to run only for a specific period of time, and that time has since passed, there is nothing illegal about the Community Managers deleting the contest thread.

DeletedUser17667

My pleasure, Seachant. :)

I think I may recall the contest they're talking about, and if I am correct, it ended a while back. I don't remember who won, but I do remember thinking they were pretty lucky. :p

Laochra

I remember seeing a contest posted & the last update to it said that they would announce a winner on a specific date (I think it was mid-July), but I never saw a winner posted for the event, nor any followup posts. Now, like the OP stated, the contest section of the forum is no longer available. My guess is there is frustration for those who took time to enter this contest, but saw nothing come of it?

DeletedUser19284

If so, are you basing this off of you or others spending real money on the contest and then losing it, or utilizing in-game objects such as boosts (which you may have paid for as well) and losing them?

Is not necessary to spend money, real money. They start a contest this summer July. And after near end august they deleted all section of contest and not give many hundred Diamonds (and diamonds can evaluate how much money is value). That way in my country is fraud.

DeletedUser8192

Is not necessary to spend money, real money. They start a contest this summer July. And after near end august they deleted all section of contest and not give many hundred Diamonds (and diamonds can evaluate how much money is value). That way in my country is fraud.
Well if no-one spent any money on the contest and INNO simply cancelled an event, then you are just mad because no-one won?

I would ask support for an update because if the contest was just simply cancelled, without costing anyone anything, then I do not understand how this is fraud anywhere, but then I am not versed in all foreign laws.. Really your best bet I feel, is to simply send a nice letter to support asking for an update, and then contact up above the ladder if you do not receive one..

I hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction so you can continue to enjoy playing the game matrice :)

DeletedUser17667

I get being upset, but proving in a court of law that a contest on a fantasy game forum caused you harm (physical, mental, emotional, financial) is next to impossible, and in many places is considered frivolous.

Weren't the contests overseen by Aider? I was going to hypothesize that the contests (because I think there might have been others) vanished when he left, but that was back in May, so I am likely barking up the wrong tree. :p Never mind.

And we still don't know what's going on with that "Community Based Building". https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/a-community-based-building.15660/

HJK84

I've been privy to many similar RL (real life) events. You subscribe for free, and at the end of the contest there's a give away. Thousands of people sub. and at the end, only the winners are informed.

No one else. So, we're under the illusion of, the winners were chosen and they received the prizes.

I was quite offended by this. So I called one time.
And I clearly said, if this is a scam, there will be consequences. They took major offense to this, and said we don't divulge the winners because of X, Y, Z reasons. We're a respectable corporation, we would never scam anyone, we'd lose our business, etc.
I understood their reasoning, but still quite bothered that there's no public proof of who won.

I'm guessing Inno has adopted a similar concept.
As others have stated, there's been multiple "City Design" events, and never has Inno publicly stated who won.
And since there's more players who aren't on this forum, the likely hood of them saying anything is low.
Also there's no public chat in game. So someone from your FS would need to win and tell/brag about it, lol
And that's IF Inno isn't telling the winner(s) something along the lines of; by accepting this prize, you also agree to not tell anyone you're one of the winners.

Oh well :oops:

DeletedUser17667

And I clearly said, if this is a scam, there will be consequences. They took major offense to this, and said we don't divulge the winners because of X, Y, Z reasons. We're a respectable corporation, we would never scam anyone, we'd lose our business, etc.
I understood their reasoning, but still quite bothered that there's no public proof of who won.

Well...the new General Data Protection Regulation went into effect on May 25th...when exactly did the contest in question disappear?

DeletedUser17667

@shimmerfly YES!! That's exactly the contest I was thinking of! It didn't come up when I did my forum search...thank you for finding it. :)

So the contest for the Chapter 12 city was in July, after the new privacy laws went into effect. The reason why I think this is significant is that after the GDPR went into effect, the information forum members could share changed. The option to include a location, an occupation, as well as our Social Media contact IDs (Facebook, Twitter, and the like) disappeared. Could be related. If it is, there's absolutely no grounds for a legal case.

DeletedUser19284

@shimmerfly YES!! That's exactly the contest I was thinking of! It didn't come up when I did my forum search...thank you for finding it. :)

So the contest for the Chapter 12 city was in July, after the new privacy laws went into effect. The reason why I think this is significant is that after the GDPR went into effect, the information forum members could share changed. The option to include a location, an occupation, as well as our Social Media contact IDs (Facebook, Twitter, and the like) disappeared. Could be related. If it is, there's absolutely no grounds for a legal case.
[-]

Last edited by a moderator: