• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

WHAT is Inno Thinking? re: Battles

DeletedUser1055

I've been playing the game for over a year. Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't we strongly urged to get out in the world and conquer provinces? Now we are being punished by the devs for doing what we were told to do. Yep, I've threatened to quit before, and stuck it out. Not for love of the game, but for my wonderful fellowship, which is now quickly disappearing because the fun is out of the game. My reasons to continue are quickly running out, if I can't even win in battle. Inno, really, do you ave any idea what you are doing to this game?
Roriane
Archmage Keepers of Avalon
Winyandor

Maz Mellor

I just lost a stalwart member of my wonderful fellowship in Arendyll and I have another fellow who is cutting back the time she spends playing because of this. I hope not to lose any more, but who can say? Almost everyone is frustrated and feels manipulated/coerced into playing the game a certain predefined way, buying diamonds, or both. I have been playing for almost a year and I have never felt so concerned for the health and future of the game.

DeletedUser43

Three players who have been playing with me since the beginning just quit. All my friends are gone or leaving.

DeletedUser

The game is pretty terrible now. They are trying to make people more inclined to pay money to get space to expand, since winning provinces with an army is near impossible without being ahead in the chapter progressions. Greedy company tries to get more money and kills game. Not exactly a new concept. I've spent $10 on this game, and I regret every penny of it.

DeletedUser1349

I hereby apologize for all my previous posts. There was no way it could be as bad as you all from beta claimed.

You were correct! I am a Pro fighter. I spent day one making index cards for every soldier mine and enemy. I did my homework. I then spent two days in the field getting my ass handed to me. Blood all over the place and always mine. It was a slaughter.

The game is broken

Fix it Inno NOW

DeletedUser3297

I don't think they are being greedy. Nobody forces you to buy diamonds. No matter how you look at it, this game is slow. So if you use diamonds to advance, you'll be sitting at the end complaining there is nothing left to do, cause you did it too quickly. What I am seeing is a more effective game in the long term. Yes, some top players are affected, but the top players are not the largest portion of the player base and most of them use diamonds freely, so they will most likely not be stopped by this update either. Some are resistant to change and will quit, which can be expected no matter what you do. A vast majority will adapt and overcome (a lot already have)

The more I fight in the provinces now, the more I like it. The new changes have made the game more interesting and fun for players like me :)

DeletedUser4355

For me game is interesting but battle game is finished for me !!! i am just upgrading so to avoid getting bored I started a new game in BETA 1 ;)

DeletedUser43

xoxox Nevarth. There was no way you could have known. It was impossible to believe. They just ended fighting for us....forever. I don't know why they would want to destroy a huge part of the game, but they did. And now if you even want to TRY to fight, they want you to delete half your city to add twice as many armories, and the corresponding number of workshops to get those going, and the houses needed for both the armories and the workshops....then the merc camp might be coming back and another stupid building just to hold dogs....and you need houses and workshops for all of that.....and you have no more space for any of this....not that is matters, because you aren't allowed to win any more fights anyway.

My entire fellowship has boycotted Inno for 30 days over this, and we have some of the big whales (spenders). What is the point of spending money if they just keep taking more and more of the game away from you?

DeletedUser3297

I just joined one of the top fellowships in Felyndral, currently ranked #5. Half of the fellowship is in the orc chapter and it has slowed nobody down. Everyone is very active and helpful and are giving me advice on how to fight. Nobody has made one negative comment about the battle system. If you let the negativity about the battle system run a muck throughout the fellowships, of coarse people will want to quit or boycott or whatever else everyone is trying to do to protest.

DeletedUser43

You have no clue what you are talking about. I am not in your fellowship, and I don't presume to know a thing about the players there. You are not in mine either. F world is a much later world. Arendyll was the first world and has players that have been playing much longer with larger cities. They are at different stages of the game facing different challenges. It is good to know that some players at some stage of the game still have some fighting they can do. That is not the case for all players.

Of course there is negativity in a lot of the fellowships. They just nerfed all the fun people were having. This isn't a job. We don't have to be here. We are here to have a good time. We are here to have a video game to play. We don't have much of a game left. So why stay? Players have quit. Others have quit because their friends just quit. Others are quitting because they are sick of playing a game where the game gets worse for us with every single update.

You are a camel with lots of room left in your packs. We are trudging along under the weight of hundreds of "rebalancing" changes and that last straw broke a lot of our backs.

I'm glad you still have a game left to enjoy where you can have fun and enjoy the fighting. We don't.

DeletedUser2396

I hereby apologize for all my previous posts. There was no way it could be as bad as you all from beta claimed.

You were correct! I am a Pro fighter. I spent day one making index cards for every soldier mine and enemy. I did my homework. I then spent two days in the field getting my ass handed to me. Blood all over the place and always mine. It was a slaughter.

The game is broken

Fix it Inno NOW
You just made me laugh so hard i had to get up - well nevermind why - lol

DeletedUser

I just joined one of the top fellowships in Felyndral, currently ranked #5. Half of the fellowship is in the orc chapter and it has slowed nobody down. Everyone is very active and helpful and are giving me advice on how to fight. Nobody has made one negative comment about the battle system. If you let the negativity about the battle system run a muck throughout the fellowships, of coarse people will want to quit or boycott or whatever else everyone is trying to do to protest.

I can't remember when I started playing this game, but it's probably a year-ish or more. I'm in Winyandor and I would definitely consider myself a regular player - I play just about every day, and I'm ranked in the top 500 and my FS is around the Top 20 mark.

When I started, there were a ton of things about this game that are now different. If you weren't here then, respectfully, you have no idea how things worked at that time. You cannot judge older or more advanced players as having somehow been "doing things too quickly" or dismiss top players as "most of them having been using diamonds freely".

It's great that no one in your FS has made any negative comments about the battle system (that you know of), but it's not great to suggest that those who ARE frustrated (for a variety of reasons) have no reason or invalid reasons to feel that way.

I just created a village on Felyndral even though I don't intend to play there (sorry, neighbors!). If you are the player I believe you are, you have 30K points. The top player on Felyndral has 221314 points.

The top player on Winyandor has 265815 points. I currently have close to 90K points. The top player in my FS is ranked in the Top 20 on Winyandor. They certainly are experienced. And the feedback they and 3 top players from my FS who just left the game completely have definitely not been positive about certain changes that have been happening in the game.

I'm not going to start a game on Aryndel to see how much points that top player has, but maybe someone else wants to look it up & post it. If
Aryndel was the first world started, probably the points amount is even higher.

Regardless, my respectful point is that it's nice that this game is working for YOU or for your FS, but that does not mean it works for everyone and whether it is your intention or not, some of your wording comes across as dismissive of those who actually have more experience playing this game than you do, and who have been playing longer. Now, that doesn't mean that older/more advanced players are always right, but it sure doesn't mean that their perspective counts for nothing, either.

I agree with Bobbykitty's comparison about camels & how for so many, this is a last-straw scenario. Honestly, I *hope* newer players don't know how it feels to have their Archmages or other top players quit the FS because it totally stinks. I don't blame the players at all - what stinks is that the game is less & less fun.

I won't cross post, but on another thread in this forum today, I wrote some examples of what I'm facing in battle scenarios. Keep in mind that when I started playing, there were no "suggestions" via treasure chest boxes at the beginning of chapters on where you "should" or "shouldn't" progress to. In fact, I had so few neighbors when I was playing that scouting to farther provinces was key in order to find trade partners & people to visit me and who I could visit in return.

This is a game. It's supposed to be fun. I don't begrudge you or anyone else their fun, and in fact, I *want* new players to have fun so they stick around! But as someone who's fun has diminished by increasing increments, it's not a pretty picture I'm looking at.

DeletedUser3297

Yes you did find me in Felyndral :)
I also play in Arendyll so I can tell you the top player there has a score of 250784

This game is working for me because I do play in all worlds. If I would have only stuck with one, I probably would have left a long time ago. This game moves too slowly to confine yourself to one city. probably another reason why I have never gotten too far in the provinces, cause I had provinces in all worlds to do. I don't mean to sound dismissive, I know some players have had about all they can take. I am still new enough that I missed the other major updates that landed people in the wall. Hopefully, the developers can focus on adding more content in the future instead of finding ways to slow us down. For me, the game is still fun to play and I hope everyone finds ways to play it and stay as well. Hopefully the devs are listening and will make some adjustments to the next 2 updates to make fighting more enjoyable for everyone. :)

DeletedUser

Kayleegrrl - thanks for your response. I appreciate your words about not intentionally meaning to be dismissive. I do absolutely agree with you that perhaps in the future, devs will add more content rather than slowing players down. I'm not sure how optimistic I am though, but I am still here, so I suppose I do still have hope...

I don't play in multiple worlds because I feel the time I have already accrued here is plenty. I play often because I am a stay at home mom to 2 young children. Sometimes I open the game & literally just click on things for a few minutes as I'm walking by the dining room, and other times I might be able to spend a bigger time chunk here. It's an off & on thing for me, but I am able to be frequent just by the nature of my daily life. I started playing as just a relaxation thing, or a few moments of peace & quiet in my chaotic household. I have said this on the forum before, but part of the appeal to me is that the factories, fighters & everything else here does exactly like I tell them and recognizes that I'm the boss! Unlike my children, ha ha! (they're not bad kids, but I'm in the throes of the terrible 2's with my son and the fierce 5's with my daughter - they are stubborn little souls! Not that I have any idea where THAT came from...:rolleyes:)

It is true that I may be a more frequent player than what the game was initially designed for, and I don't begrudge changes as much as I resent constant roadblocks, which is what I personally feel has been happening to this game & continues to happen. I also am incredibly frustrated that the response from Inno continues to suggest that players have gone "too far" and it was "never intended", which I think is adversarial to the players - who did nothing other than play the game the way it was designed at the time, and it also suggests to newer players that we older players had some kind of advantage that now is not there.

IMHO, not advantages so much as the game play had different costs at the time - everyone "paid" in some way or another to get where they got, as they still do now.

Anyway, I'm not a "gamer" by the definition of most, yet I find it mind-boggling to think that any devs or marketing representatives think it's GOOD customer service to slow game play to a trickle for those players who are showing that they WANT to play often (or at least, more often than what the devs may have anticipated).

DeletedUser3297

I regret saying this. All of the top fellowships ARE losing players fast :(

DeletedUser43

It is going to be a ghost town in here soon. Here is the report from the beta players on part 2 of the battle system that brings in mercenary units:

"You can build merc units in the place of regular units, if you want. They are weaker in attack and defense. Those are the things that matter most. But we can sell it, at least for now. Put that one down as a lesson learned. "

The new units coming are weaker than the old units.

I can promise you I know what will be in the months ahead....a requirement to build that building and it will be non deleteable once built. (That is as soon as they realize that players aren't using it and don't want it).

Oh....and sorceresses will have a decreased attack range. Because they weren't nerfed enough.

See Kaylee....as soon as you hold out any hope, they slap you in the face. I wish your optimism was right. I wish we had some chance. But this is players vs devs and the devs keep winning. People who have a tiny shred of hope left will be gone with that next update. Then, as soon as they stop all negotiating in the world map for people past the orc chapter, that will get rid of another huge swath of people. One day they might get their wish and have a game with no pesky players to contend with.

I thank you for your post above. I wish it wasn't necessary. Sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4166

I'm a relatively new player, and felt this would be relaxing game to get started in,with this new battle system, I am questioning if will stay. Cannot win a battle, have to negotiate or *buy* the battle for the things I need. Truly if You want this to continue. You might want to rethink this. Very disappointed, Thought this would be a very enjoyable, but finding more and more that its becoming a irritant, and do not see me staying at this point.

DeletedUser663

I find that I can win almost all tournament battles right now as can many in my Fellowship. I also understand Inno's change in approach regarding provinces - if you want to use all available expansions to become a top player you need to buy some diamonds but there is still a stack of city space available to progress along the Tech Tree and enjoy the development features.
I am not a big diamond buyer but I already have 5 spare expansions plus a stack of diamond expansions (if I choose to use them) ready for the next chapter - play the game hard and it is very enjoyable, imo.