• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What is most needed for Ch 14?

DeepTerminal

I'm currently in the middle of Ch 13 (Amuni), and I'd like to know what is the most needed resource for Ch 14 (Constructs).

Is it Orcs, Sentient Goods, or seeds?

At which point do Orcs become a big bottleneck?

I heard that mana is not needed as much after Amuni. But I see that the Ports still require mana to make Basic constructs. Do I have to maintain the same level of mana production, or can I sell off a few mana buildings?

Thanks!

shimmerfly

I don't know how much you've already read about Ch. 14 but your going to have a T3 sentient good so if you haven't already you'll need to get those built and up to level 24. I would upgrade as much as I can now also.
You will still need manna and orcs so I would wait to see how much before I delete any if I where you. ( not knowing what you have)
Seeds are very much needed also to produce what the portal makes.
I'm not a very good 'explainer' so here is a good helper..https://elvengems.com/constructs-preview/

DeepTerminal

I don't know how much you've already read about Ch. 14 but your going to have a T3 sentient good so if you haven't already you'll need to get those built and up to level 24. I would upgrade as much as I can now also.
You will still need manna and orcs so I would wait to see how much before I delete any if I where you. ( not knowing what you have)
Seeds are very much needed also to produce what the portal makes.
I'm not a very good 'explainer' so here is a good helper..https://elvengems.com/constructs-preview/

I have read elvengems but they are not very clear on how much mana/seeds/orcs/sentient is required compared to earlier chapters.

DeletedUser19458

Mana needs will go down while seed needs go up. Don't recall exact numbers, but i could not get enough seeds (especially in chap 15 to feed T6) while mana was no longer a problem and I could replace some mana buildings with seed ones.

Orc needs go up but easier to solve (I have 5 armories). Wasn't as bad an issue as seeds for me. Its a slow process building armories and T6 so you should have time to gauge and react if you are still not producing enough.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I built only a limited number of roads from the construct chapter. The roads actually come out to be the larger orc expenditure. Much more orcs will be needed for later chapters, and, in those chapters following, the road cost has just been coin and supplies.

AtaguS

I kept my mana producers around and let them build me up a nice surplus for chapter 15.
To echo Hurtball...seeds and orcs were the biggies, in that order. I did ok with 4 leveled armories but with tournament changes requiring more of them, I'd put up as many as you can and level them.
Seeds are a priority.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I'm in chapter 15, 2/3 done. In chapter 14 I struggled with seeds and orcs, but not so much mana. My solution for seeds was to build 11 golden palaces and 11 Festival merchants. Now I'm at 1/2 million of seeds, 3 million mana, and 400k orcs. The strategy I use is, "always, always, always" upgrade everything as high as it can go between chapters. In other words, pause between chapters and build, build, build, before starting the next chapter. (I sometimes do the first research so I can say I'm in that chapter, though). Then select buildings based upon production density and replace them everytime someting better comes along.

Specifically, look ahead and build the Sentient production mfr you will need while you are in the preceding chapter. Have them ready and producing when you actually start that chapter and it will go faster. Make at least 2 of each type and if you don't need so much of one at some poing put the second in storage.

AJ

DeletedUser3621

Never miss an opportunity to make Orcs - you need these everywhere.
Sentient goods the same.

DeepTerminal

Can anyone tell me where exactly are orcs needed in chapter 14? As far as I can tell, they are not needed for research, building and upgrading settlement buildings, or producing settlement goods. I must be missing something..

DeletedUser3621

There is not a great need for them until Ch15. Be prepared - build 3 or more armories (breeding grounds) to lvl 34 or more. You will need them almost everywhere and even with 3 armories, you will fall short. Build up as many as you can before you get there.