1. Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team
    Dismiss Notice

What is the best use of diamonds?

Discussion in 'Questions and Help' started by mikeledo, Mar 10, 2017.

1. SoggyShorts

SoggyShorts Well-Known Member

Hmmm I'm not sure how to make this clearer...
    If you clear a total of 1 province you get 1 expansion
    If you clear a total of 3 provinces you get 2 total expansions
    If you clear a total of 6 provinces you get 3 total expansions
    If you clear a total of 10 provinces you get 4 total expansions
    If you clear a total of 14 provinces you get 5 total expansions
    etc.

Another way to look at it is you get a new expansion
    when you clear province #1 -new expansion
    when you clear province #3 -new expansion
    when you clear province #6 -new expansion
    when you clear province #10 -new expansion
    when you clear province #14 -new expansion
    when you clear province #18 -new expansion
    when you clear province #23 -new expansion
    etc

2. Ashrem

Ashrem Well-Known Member

No. Each line is for an expansion.

The first expansion requires finishing one province
    the second expansion expires 2 more, three total.
    The 10th expansion requires 6 more provinces than the 9th (39 total)
    When you finish your 76th province, you get your 16th expansion.

3. CanDaMan

CanDaMan Active Member

Correct. I won 1000 diamonds in a forum contest, I'm so glad I got the extra builder, night and day.

4. Risen Malchiah

Risen Malchiah Well-Known Member

Soggy and Ashrem, I salute your patience. :)

Azkaban and Sir Squirrel like this.
  5. mikeledo

mikeledo Active Member

"I see" said the blind man who picked up a hammer and saw. The left hand side is a running total of province completions and not what one needs to get the next expansion. It would be nice if they had better titles for the columns.

Sir Squirrel likes this.
  6. SoggyShorts

Azkaban and Sir Squirrel like this.
  7. Ashrem

Ashrem Well-Known Member

[Shakes unidentified liquid from hands] Can I get a towel in forum 3, please?

Sir Squirrel likes this.
  8. azlady2003

azlady2003 New Member

I have to say, I am female and my 1st city was human. Then 2 seconds later I was like "I want to be an elf too", so my second city was an elf.

Azkaban likes this.
  9. Azkaban

Azkaban Well-Known Member

My reaction when I started was "why only two options?" I went Elf. Not because I'm female, but because this is a fantasy game, and it was my first time playing it. I don't start fantasy games as Human unless there's no other choice. At this stage of my gameplay, I have cities on four servers, two of which are Human.

The cities, not the servers. :p

As for diamonds...meh. I like having them 'just in case'. I've bought a couple of the special bundles when the cash for it has been available, and when the March of the Herds event was on, I bought a $4.99 packet. They're not necessary for my gameplay, though.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  10. carnini

carnini Active Member

I have a city on Beta that I have some diamonds just in case too, it has come in handy a few times. For my main city I try to buy once in a while when they offer a good % free bonus.

Azkaban likes this.
  11. Azkaban

Azkaban Well-Known Member

My EN server city got a smokin' hot deal the other night, but since one of our kitties had a trip to the vet, I had to let it slide.

12. jwilliams360

jwilliams360 New Member

I'm male and I went Elfin... I would never think of jumping into a fantasy game and choosing human. More than male or female, it might depend on how comfortable one is with change, uncertainty, and an attraction to adventure and the unknown. You might find a better divide between food likes-- people who choose Elfin might like international foods and be more willing to try something they have never eaten before while people who just eat the standard fare and do not like to stray far from meat and potatoes choose human. [he wrote with tongue firmly in cheek while playing "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" on his elfin harp]

13. NightshadeCS

NightshadeCS Well-Known Member

DO NOT use diamonds for culture. This is a complete waste, if you are not going to be spending money every chapter.
    Builder, Magic Academy, and Expansions are the only good use of diamonds for people who don't buy more. If you can't afford any of those, sit tight. Because...
    1. You also get diamonds from some quests. I can't remember which ones or when, but I have had it happen (selling a guest race portal?).
    2. This is less certain, but I also think there are some diamonds in the tech tree new chapter chests every once in a while. Anyone confirm that?
    3. You can win a Wishing Well (or 37), which can give you diamonds.
    4. There are a few other opportunities to get diamonds along the way, such as contests, or perhaps something new the game will introduce.

You can get the 100% offer even if you have purchased diamonds before. You just have to wait a long time after that and not take any of the other deals. I spent $10 way back when on a 100% offer, got other percentage offers for the next few months until it worked its way back up to 100%. Now I see the 100% offer once every several weeks or so.

14. CrazyWizard

CrazyWizard Well-Known Member

The best use of diamons is for that that you want to spend it on.
    And that is totally personal.

shimmerfly likes this.
  15. Alpha Lyrae

Alpha Lyrae Active Member

Same for me! Give me all things strange and full of wonder, please. ;):D

Nonchalant Antipathy likes this.
  16. SoggyShorts

There is a super rare exception, and that is events...maybe. This past event I chose to use a few of my free earned diamonds on buying extra event currency so that I could increase my Phoenix level by 1. Since this building will be in my city forever and will grow with me the 5% boost in damage for all units seemed worth it. Of course, the very next mini-event gave that same upgrade for free, so it didn't work out this time...:confused:

Ashrem and shimmerfly like this.
  17. Ashrem

Ashrem Well-Known Member

Yup. I spent exactly $50.00U.S. on extra essences for one city, and for my trouble they provided more quests and an immediate opportunity to get another evolve so that pretty well anyone who wanted it could have one level 10 building. Now I have a level 10 for every city I play, and an unused evolve in the city where I paid. So much winning.

SoggyShorts likes this.
  18. Atlashimmelbaerer

Atlashimmelbaerer Member

what you need is a huge amount of wishing wells, and a huge amount of patience, and also to accept that your huge amount of wishing wells prevent you from doing anything else in your city!

19. Pheryll

Pheryll Well-Known Member

The other diamond route.

1. Use pet food on fire phoenix to collect more relics from tournament
    2. Craft pet food from relics you receive in tournament
    3. Use the vision vapor from crafting to get grand prizes
    4. With enough patience you will average 1 diamond for every 2 vision vapor.

Remember to use diamonds on your magic academy upgrades to make the pet food crafting go faster.

20. Ashrem

Ashrem Well-Known Member

Also,to get more fragments per disassembled spell.

SoggyShorts and Alpha Lyrae like this.