• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

what is the best way to gain basic/refined/precious goods?

sambria

Chef
what is the best way to gain basic/refined/precious goods? Is it to do 0-star trades with your FS? Just keep trading your boosted for unboosted? surely there is a simpler way to get plenty of goods, right? I have been doing the fairest trades I can do in one of my newer cities and am finding it difficult to gather enough goods to trade and use in research and whatnot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Sambria :)

defiantoneks

been a long time since i needed to do 0 star trades (in fact, i was one of the early members of our FS so we were all in the same boat and 0s didnt come til much later for newer peeps).

that said… not knowing your chapter i would say any mix of the techniques you listed work fine. i've always done just boosted and trade for non-boosts. you may just be in one of those chapters where you're always a bit short. if you have any of the Ancient wonders that help i'd definitely push those also.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Personally I did 2 star equal tier trades. Then when needed bad enough did mixed tiers and/or 3 stars for those ones. In the first few chapters I did have those traveling merchants but quickly realized they did not help as much as trading my boosted for non-boosted and ended up getting rid of them once I wanted the space bad enough for something else. A good fellowship is what helped me. My trades I had put up (2 star) were always taken same day usually. On occasion they would offer if anyone needed help to do an unequal one so if I needed to ever I would take them up on the offer as it helped the team in return.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Also, make sure to always give all of your unlocked neighbors help everyday as those coins will add up as your main hall levels up and when I couldn't hold anymore coins is when I went to the wholesaler anytime that happened.

sambria

Chef
been a long time since i needed to do 0 star trades (in fact, i was one of the early members of our FS so we were all in the same boat and 0s didnt come til much later for newer peeps).

that said… not knowing your chapter i would say any mix of the techniques you listed work fine. i've always done just boosted and trade for non-boosts. you may just be in one of those chapters where you're always a bit short. if you have any of the Ancient wonders that help i'd definitely push those also.

im in chapter 2 in this city

sambria

Chef
Also, make sure to always give all of your unlocked neighbors help everyday as those coins will add up as your main hall levels up and when I couldn't hold anymore coins is when I went to the wholesaler anytime that happened.
thats right i forgot about the wholesaler. thanks guys.

Huor

Don't forget about event buildings that produce goods. Most of my production comes from passive event buildings.

Nerwa

Early chapters (1-3) I would:
  • Build/upgrade boosted Tier 1 & Tier 2.
  • Increase your T1 & T2 relic boost as fast as possible. This is a huge thing, IMHO. Getting the full 700% may take until ch 4 or ch 5, but you should be able to hit the mid 400's in ch 3. The difference between a 150% relic boost and a 450% boost means one factory doing the job of three! You may have to wait to upgrade AWs - those cost relics - but it's worth it.
  • If there's a shortage of good trading partners (weak neighborhood/FS) then craft Festival Merchants and/or unboosted factories.
  • If you have a good FS, ask for an occasional 1-star or 0-star. Often FS teammates will be willing to help boost you into early/mid-ch 3 so that you are better able to contribute in tournaments, etc.
  • Start adding event buildings, especially in ch 3. (Ch 1 & 2 buildings get wimpy FAST.) Use these to replace Festival Merchants and/or unboosted factories.
  • In ch 3, start monitoring your trader. If you see lots of T3 trades - especially cross-tiers asking for trades - consider building additional boosted T1 & T2 factories instead of any T3s. Lots of people are experiencing a glut on T3s & may be willing to 'dump off' some extra on you as 3-star trades. Plus T1s & T2s take up less space.
  • And, as in all chapters, build & maintain a stockpile/reserves so you don't get caught short. Estimate how much you go through in 2 weeks & keep that on hand always. As you grow, re-calculate what "2 weeks' worth" means & increase by that amount. Or 3 weeks, or whatever time frame you prefer. But at least 2 weeks' worth, even if it means dialing back your upgrades/research/whatever for a little bit to create that reserve.

(I'm in late ch 3 in my 2nd city, fyi.)

Lady Dastardly

If you are having trouble keeping up with enough boosted goods for both your needs and to trade for non-boosted, then you may need to build more boosted factories, and make sure the ones you have are at max level for your chapter.
I think many early chapter players don't realize how many boosted T1 they really need in the early game. If you look at higher chapter cities it can seem like 3 or 4 plank factories for an elf city is enough, but those upgraded factories are much bigger, more productive, and benefit from a maxed relic boost. Elves with plank or marble boosts, and humans with marble boosts run afoul of this most frequently due to their tiny starting size.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
If you are having trouble keeping up with enough boosted goods for both your needs and to trade for non-boosted, then you may need to build more boosted factories, and make sure the ones you have are at max level for your chapter.

This is the simplest advice, just increase production. You ideally want 20 squares of production as soon as possible and moving up to 40squares. 40 squares is the minimum for a ridiculous number of chapters, 60 is better for spire/tourney catering in higher chapters.

There is an optimal factory level for each chapter which may not necessarily be the max level available. But if you are planning to build through to the later chapters and not go slow then generally max is fine for the first couple chapters. Level 13 or 14 is a good holding point for a number of chapters, I think woodelves factories regain the efficiency but that is a long way from ch 2.

BrinDarby

My racing city is 4 days into CH3, human city.....
I'm currently running (8) lvl-4 marble, (7) lvl-3 marble,
(4) lvl-6 marble, and (6) lvl-4 crystal.
Boost% is 260 & 270 ( marble/crystal )
3h production is about 650 marble, 430 crystal.
I'm not noticing any problems keeping up with needs
for T1-2. ( current event evolve gives 820ish T1/day )

All of my trades are 2-star in this city, period.
Once I research Superior Residences, I expect the savings
in land from housing, to really pump up my manufacturing.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
@BrinDarby what race? The reason I speak in squares is the race and good type vary so factory numbers is not comparable. Squares works out the same so a person can then convert that to however many factories needed for their scenario.

Good info though, do you spire or tourny in the town?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
If you have ANY non-boosted factories, then you are wasting not only space but population. Build only boosted factories and lots of them. When I was in chapter two I think I had 20 planks factories (my boost).

If you have a hard time trading your boost, then you're in the wrong fellowship. Check out other fellowships that have a few new players such as yourself, but that also have mostly experienced (minimum 100K) players. Type in their names (of the fellowships) on elvenstats.com and see what boosts they are low in. If they have a glut of what you want to sell, they aren't the right fellowship for you. If they are desperate for your items, you'll have an instant market (at 2 or 3 star trades.)

When I was in chapter two, I wanted to cultivate my neighborhood and build relationships. I didn't want to alienate anyone or make them resent me, so I didn't do 0 or 1 star trades. I mostly did 3 star trades ... that may sound counterintuitive, but it isn't. Having 20 planks factories allowed me to do slightly favorable (100 planks for 95 steel, for example) and always, always, have my trades snapped up quickly.

If someone in your fellowship offers to do a zero star trade with you, then go ahead, if you want to. There's no harm provided the trade doesn't sit in the trader and be seen by your neighbors, who will get a negative opinion of you if they notice it. Just make sure the fellowship member is right there to pick up the trade immediately and all will be well.

The traveling merchants are excellent in the early chapters. If for some reason you can't get goods from your fellowship (and then, as I said, you're in the wrong fellowship), then at least the TMs will give you better production than having non-boosted factories. Again, I can't stress that enough. Have zero non-boosted. They are a total waste of resources and just keep population locked up that you need for other things.

Best of luck to you. I think you're going to do very well. You ask the right questions and are trying to do the right things. Soon, you'll be an old hand at this.

sambria

Chef
If you have ANY non-boosted factories, then you are wasting not only space but population. Build only boosted factories and lots of them. When I was in chapter two I think I had 20 planks factories (my boost).

If you have a hard time trading your boost, then you're in the wrong fellowship. Check out other fellowships that have a few new players such as yourself, but that also have mostly experienced (minimum 100K) players. Type in their names (of the fellowships) on elvenstats.com and see what boosts they are low in. If they have a glut of what you want to sell, they aren't the right fellowship for you. If they are desperate for your items, you'll have an instant market (at 2 or 3 star trades.)

When I was in chapter two, I wanted to cultivate my neighborhood and build relationships. I didn't want to alienate anyone or make them resent me, so I didn't do 0 or 1 star trades. I mostly did 3 star trades ... that may sound counterintuitive, but it isn't. Having 20 planks factories allowed me to do slightly favorable (100 planks for 95 steel, for example) and always, always, have my trades snapped up quickly.

If someone in your fellowship offers to do a zero star trade with you, then go ahead, if you want to. There's no harm provided the trade doesn't sit in the trader and be seen by your neighbors, who will get a negative opinion of you if they notice it. Just make sure the fellowship member is right there to pick up the trade immediately and all will be well.

The traveling merchants are excellent in the early chapters. If for some reason you can't get goods from your fellowship (and then, as I said, you're in the wrong fellowship), then at least the TMs will give you better production than having non-boosted factories. Again, I can't stress that enough. Have zero non-boosted. They are a total waste of resources and just keep population locked up that you need for other things.

Best of luck to you. I think you're going to do very well. You ask the right questions and are trying to do the right things. Soon, you'll be an old hand at this.

If i could love this post a miilion times i would!!! Thanks @Darielle

1654083602671.png