• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What is the effect of completing provinces on Tournaments?

A long time ago, there was a forum post that basically said "Tournaments gets harder the more Provinces you control". I now control 471 provinces, which means taking provinces will not get me any more land, so there really isn't a strategic reason to take a province. I have a task in the summer event that says "take two provinces". Is it true that taking more provinces will make Tournaments harder for me in the future?

DeletedUser20951

Is it true that taking more provinces will make Tournaments harder for me in the future?
As far as I am aware, the only thing that makes tournaments harder is the squad size increase techs you have researched, but I'm no guru on game mechanics. Can I get some confirmations (and/or more expansive knowledge) on this?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
As far as I am aware, the only thing that makes tournaments harder is the squad size increase techs you have researched, but I'm no guru on game mechanics. Can I get some confirmations (and/or more expansive knowledge) on this?

That is correct if you are using the word harder to mean more costly. The difficulty in tournaments is in the majority fixed and difficulty relates to squad size of you verse the enemy and that is a fixed ratio. The timing of 2 and 3 star enemies does come in to play a little but it is minor (in my experience) and I have not seen an explanation of how they come into effect. As you mentioned the squad size techs increase the cost for both catering and combat.

DeletedUser20951

Much obliged, @Mykan. *tips hat* My word alone on such matters should always be taken with a grain of salt, as I'm about as casual with next to no concern for the technical minutiae as an overly obsessive person can be.