• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What is the significance of the scouting research chest?

ET-inf3rno

As far as I understand you can open the chest at the end of the chapter only if you completed enough provinces. Is this the only purpose of these chests? Does opening them change anything about fighting difficulty?

Pheryll

Set Designer
No change to fighting difficulty or anything else. The chests just adds a requirement to the technology of needing a certain number of provinces completed. There are a few rewards that it gives out, and these are given at the front end of the tech research.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
As far as I understand you can open the chest at the end of the chapter only if you completed enough provinces. Is this the only purpose of these chests? Does opening them change anything about fighting difficulty?
There are two separate actions. The chest, which serves as nothing but a step in counting the provinces, and the actual tech under the chest, which affects provinces scouted after that.
Each Scouting tech reduces the cost of scouting provinces. The combat difficulty is based on the cost of scouting that province so the difficulty of a province scouted after the tech is completed (not after the chest is opened) will be lower than if it is scouted before the tech is finished.

ET-inf3rno

I opened the chest, it gave me 200 diamonds. Scouting costs and fighting already scouted provinces did not change. I forgot to check tournament fights, but probably those did not change either.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I opened the chest, it gave me 200 diamonds. Scouting costs and fighting already scouted provinces did not change. I forgot to check tournament fights, but probably those did not change either.

As Ashrem mentioned the chest has no impact on scouting, ideally it should be positioned immediately before the tech over the line. The chest is completely separate to the tech. The devs were having large problems with balancing aspects of the game because of a large variation in map expansions that players where earning each chapter. The chests were a way to ensure a minimum amount of provinces and therefore expansions were unlocked. While some level of restriction on the upper limit was done it has largely been ineffective.

The scouting tech will make a difference to your scout times, cost and difficulty of world map provinces. However it will not effect tournaments or the provinces already scouted, only those done after the tech. The moment you click scout the difficulty and cost are fixed and don't change (not counting you getting bigger squads). Have a look at the scout time and cost of a province before unlocking the tech and again after it, you will see the difference.