• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What is the value of a broken shard?

Bellerefon

Latest upgrades allowing runes to be donated to own (for 10KP) or fellow AWs (for 15KP) finally made runes and shards a bit more quantifiable.
I find it very appealing lately to shift my Ferris Wheel production from KPs to shards, keep an AW lvl 10, 15 or 20 on queue and fill the rune slots by accumulating batches of 10 shards.
That way i save the runes, which i donate/exchange to a fellow AW and get 15KP back.

That said, i think that the current value of one broken shard is 1.5KP.
Or maybe more if you take on account the missed rune attempts that give you a payback of one shard?:rolleyes:

Killy-

Might be worth even more, if you can use it in that way. In case you can't use it and you got more than enough broken shards in the tournament, than they are still worthless - so it depends imo.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The following discusses the value of a rune shard. I assume the value of a broken rune shard is one-tenth the value of a rune shard.

I find that, on average, it takes 17 rune shards to do a rune phase if your rune shard bar has 10 in it at the beginning. This average has been steady for the last 5 of my rune phase upgrades. Since that's what it takes and you have 9 slots, it takes 10 broken rune shards to make the first rune shard, 7 rune shards to fill the next 7 slots, usually, 10 broken rune shards to finish the last slot. So that's 17 rune shards. The "value" of the broken rune shard is thus, the value of the Rune Phase in KP (if it needed KP), which is the average KP of the pre-Rune Phase AW upgrade and the post-Rune Phase upgrade. If that average is 900 you will spend 7 Rune shards and 20 broken Rune shards to fill the Rune Wheel. The ration of Rune Shards to Broken Rune shards is 7:20. A broken rune shard is thus, worth about one third of a rune shard. So how much is a rune shard worth?

The value of the rune shard, from the point of view of AW rune phase upgrade is actually the average of the KP you need for the previous upgrade and the KP needed for the one after the Rune Shard, divided by 17. So if your GA needed 1600 to upgrade at lvl 24 and 1800 at level 26, then the value of the rune shards would be 100KP (Average(GA level 24,GA level 26)/17.

Since the number of rune shards remains the same as you raise the level of your AW they become more valuable. Here are a few examples based upon a minimum of an average increase of 20KP per level.

Pre-Rune Phase Upgrade CostRune Shard Value in Rune Phase

This assumes an increment of only 20KP per level and 17 Rune Shards to do the Rune Phase. Obviously, if the increment of the cost per level is higher, the benefit will grow faster. Or if the cost of the Rune Phase upgrade is more or less than 17 the numbers will change.

Ultimately, I find that if you are saving anything more than about 60 Rune Shards of an AW type, you will probably not use them in the next two years. And since you are constantly gathering rune shards, it is unlikely you will run out if you maintain a 60 rune shard level. (Unless you upgrade that AW more than 10 levels per year, which is 2 Rune Phase upgrades, using 34 rune shards on average).

And while I'm at it then, consider the 120 Rune Shards you have for your Needles of the Tempest. 60 of them will never be needed, or at least not in the next two years, so their value, if not used, is 0. On the other hand, if placed on others AW's they are worth a raw value of 60 X 15 = 900KP and if place on your own Needles of the Tempest AW, 600KP.

You might also note that if you spend the 900KP on other's AW's you get the return of a lot of KP in the chests. If the average of the first chests is 60, and you get it by giving 90KP to10 fellowship member's Needles of the Tempest, you get 600KP back. So you've now turned those 60 zero value (unused and not needed) Needles of the Tempest Rune Shards into 1500KP.

What's really nice is that the value of your excess rune shards are nothing more than "free KP" and once you realize how much that is you find ways to put those excess rune shards on other's AW's, pronto!

So to answer the original question: the value of a broken rune shard is 1/3 of the value of the Rune Shard at the time of it's use accorcing to method of use. Maximizing it's value means maximizing the value of the Rune shard.

AJ

Last edited: