• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What is this building called and its purpose?

DeletedUser2111

Just logged in and noticed this has been added to my city! When I hover over it, I don't have any description. Can you tell me what it is? Does do more than add to the overall look of the game? I am in Chapter VI Dwarves.

Thanks for any information!

Attachments

• cool.JPG
    cool.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 87

DeletedUser2111

There's a few other Wonders that put similar decorations on that cliff. I know the Sanctuary/Monastery (depending on whether you're playing Humans or Elves) is one of them.
Good to know. I do like decoration. Too bad you couldn't click on it and go into another world of say Dwarves.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Rumor has it that the buildings on the cliff are where the guest races get drunk. I've been trying for ages to access them, but the way seems to be blocked by orcs and other smelly creatures. At night though, I do hear a lot of strange noises coming off the cliffs so you do have to wonder. In any case, I do find it really cruel of the devs to block access to what appears to be an international tavern? I mean blocking access to any beer serving establishment should be grounds for something bad happening to you. At least that's my take on the matter.

AJ

DeletedUser2111

Rumor has it that the buildings on the cliff are where the guest races get drunk. I've been trying for ages to access them, but the way seems to be blocked by orcs and other smelly creatures. At night though, I do hear a lot of strange noises coming off the cliffs so you do have to wonder. In any case, I do find it really cruel of the devs to block access to what appears to be an international tavern? I mean blocking access to any beer serving establishment should be grounds for something bad happening to you. At least that's my take on the matter.

AJ
LOL! Maybe the devs will read your reply and develop a new wrinkle to the game!

Pheryll

Set Designer
Note also that by building a cliff-side wonder you also unlock a series of optional quests that mostly involve collecting T1 relics. These quests are only offered once per cliff-side wonder and can be avoided by declining.

ajqtrz

It's a bit off topic but I do wonder about the Crystal Lighthouse. It takes up a lot of space and I too, wonder if it's worth the space. At this time I have plenty of space so I'll leave it alone, but I do continue to debate it's usefulness. I hear though, that it's cliff side tavern serves Guinness. If we could visit the tavern I'd definitely keep it.

AJ

Pheryll

Set Designer
It's a bit off topic but I do wonder about the Crystal Lighthouse. It takes up a lot of space and I too, wonder if it's worth the space. At this time I have plenty of space so I'll leave it alone, but I do continue to debate it's usefulness. I hear though, that it's cliff side tavern serves Guinness. If we could visit the tavern I'd definitely keep it.

AJ
The crystal lighthouse is a combo wonder. Right now the only two wonders that combo with it are the watchtower ruins and the lighthouse of good neighborhood. Leveling up the crystal lighthouse is somewhat anticipating that another wonder based upon neighborly help is going to come along, although some players are already seeing a significant benefit in culture bonus (and thus supply production) from the current combos.

EDIT: Just seeing (from another thread) that you are employing a strategy involving a large use of EE spells. In that case the lighthouse of good neighborhood, and the crystal lighthouse/great bellspire give a phenomenal bonus to your supply production, and I do not see a good reason to take your crystal lighthouse down.

Last edited:

ajqtrz

The crystal lighthouse is a combo wonder. Right now the only two wonders that combo with it are the watchtower ruins and the lighthouse of good neighborhood. Leveling up the crystal lighthouse is somewhat anticipating that another wonder based upon neighborly help is going to come along, although some players are already seeing a significant benefit in culture bonus (and thus supply production) from the current combos.

EDIT: Just seeing (from another thread) that you are employing a strategy involving a large use of EE spells. In that case the lighthouse of good neighborhood, and the crystal lighthouse/great bellspire give a phenomenal bonus to your supply production, and I do not see a good reason to take your crystal lighthouse down.

That's something I hadn't considered but you are right. I noticed that I could go from 10 workshops to 6. I thought it was because I replaced 3 of the standard ones with 3 magic ones, but that doesn't account for the constant surplus of supplies I still see. I guess I'll just have to keep the CL.

AJ

Aritra

I have wondered about those cliff-side buildings (or whatever) when I have seen them when visiting other cities. I don't have them yet, myself. I'm glad I came across this thread because now I know!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member

AJ
If you only have the crystal lighthouse, then it definitely isn't worth it. I sold mine because I didn't have the space for the other AWs that work with it. For the amount of space it takes, I think there are other wonder combos worthy of that space. But that's just my humble opinion. Weigh your options carefully before deciding.