• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What is your Favorite part of Elvenar?

Alram

Flippers just flip
I'm torn between the beautiful art and the variety of different ways to play.
*Free to play would have to be my absolute favorite.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
My most basic reason that I started playing Elvenar is that it's a building and fighting game, where my progress cannot be affected by PvP.
I stayed at it because the buildings are fantastic, and my fellows are even better. I also adore city tetris.
And this is the issue now for many, is it not? The later chapters are a gruesome grind that prevents much change.

Alram

Flippers just flip
My most basic reason that I started playing Elvenar is that it's a building and fighting game, where my progress cannot be affected by PvP.
I stayed at it because the buildings are fantastic, and my fellows are even better. I also adore city tetris.
And this is the issue now for many, is it not? The later chapters are a gruesome grind that prevents much change.
No PvP is a huge plus! (I forget about. it since I'm not being burned down!)
The space management/tetris aspect of the game is really fun!
Fellowship is great!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
The math(s, if you're British). The game is an equation where the variables are pretty buildings, except in Orc chapter. Yet, you can completely ignore the numbers, crunch them, or go hogs wild and whatever answer you come up with will still be correct. We can all somehow exist in the same math class as @MinMax Gamer and still pass the class. *cleans glasses and adjusts pocket protector*

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The fellowship is wonderful. I just happened to find (with the help of a member) a fantastic team. When you've got the right one, everything else falls into place, and it's a joy to come on and say hi to your people. We're getting gold nearly every week, we have a great team for tourneys, and I have two 1st place FA trophies since joining this team in October of last year. You just can't get better than that.

Lelanya

The fellowship is wonderful. I just happened to find (with the help of a member) a fantastic team. When you've got the right one, everything else falls into place, and it's a joy to come on and say hi to your people. We're getting gold nearly every week, we have a great team for tourneys, and I have two 1st place FA trophies since joining this team in October of last year. You just can't get better than that.
True enough! I love my collection of FA prizes, they are one item that never goes out of style. :)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Definitely the awesome artwork for the buildings! The 3 aspects that got me playing in the first place were the artwork, no PvP and ability to play the game without being forced to battle. As frustrating as it can be at times, I have to admit the Tetris feel of rearranging is a challenge I enjoy. I also give a big thumbs up for not having to have the same playstyle as everybody else.

Lelanya

Yeah sure. I'll have to count how many pages of inventory I have for chapter 15, or 16. Inventory that I may never use unless I get off the grindstone.
Lol
My chapter 16 city has 11 pages of inventory within the current chapter and it's not even one fifth finished. I have used Watchful Winter Owl and some Halloween pieces have returned to grace my city a second time (Daunting Pumpkins was chapter 6 last time around). I made a point of avoiding Floats I already had, otherwise it'd be higher.
My chapter 15 city has over 15 pages of current level inventory.

Aritra

I love the wonderful combination of left and right brain. Very satisfying to design and rearrange.
Freedom to build city however you like. There is not really any "wrong" way. You do what you want at the speed you want and your city doesn't have to look like anyone else's. (Of course, if you're not satisfied with your progression, there are plenty of people happy to give advice on how to do it differently.)
Beautiful artwork is definite bonus. Poor graphics and animations would definitely detract from the experience.
Wouldn't be here if it wasn't FTP and PvE. Grateful I don't have to worry about my city burning down or being forced to fight.
I entered the addicted/obsessed stage long ago. I'm not going anywhere.

added note: Been playing about fourteen months and am in chapter 9 woodelves (halfway-ish through techs). Playing solo for the first eight or nine months might have held me back, slowed my progression (joined forum at six months while in chapter 6 dwarves), but I have no regrets. Since joining a great fellowship, however, I have definitely benefited from the "extras." Also, I have a *ton* of portal profits because I rarely use them. I see them as a tool to expedite traveling to the next chapter; I get there when I get there and I'm good with that.

Last edited:

CrusaderMichael

My favorite part of elvenar is a bunch of things... the realistic 3D graphics... the fast paced action beating up enemies with your friends.... the well done cinematic cut scenes... and...

Oh wait... never mind.

spire