• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What level am I?

SilverbugLuxor

So I am planning for the Quest for dust we're trying to get to 10 chest, how do I know in the fighting options if I am a beginner intermediate or advanced? I have just started to begin fighting as this catering is sucking my goods away :)

DeletedUser20929

By quest do you mean tournament? And are those categories (beginner, intermediate and advanced) the ones that are illustrated on gamers gems of knowledge?

If you have reached the fourth age in the tech tree I would guess that you are intermediate. If the troops that you will be using have had there third promotion you are advanced. And, as always, if you are asking this question you are a noob :p

Sincerely, he has not promoted his axe barbarians even once!

Mykan

Oh Wise One
if I missed Squad size upgrade back on the tree is it worth going back
If all you care about is tournaments and not world map combat, then you want to skip them. Currently the only reason to do the optional squad size techs is for an easier world map or more free troops from wonders/events. You will likely save more troops with skipping the tech than what you would get by the free increase. A word of caution: do not be surprised if in the future a change to the game makes this comment obsolete, with most people skipping all the techs it is possible something may change in the future.

Once you have access to all troop types (around chapter 3) combat is pretty much the same strategy. It gets more complex if you start to use non-barracks troops, then your chapter and race start to become important in such a discussion. As you mentioned you are new to combat I would stick to the basics for now and work with barracks troops as a default. Some obvious places to deviate from barracks are tournaments where cerberus are key or if you are an elve then the blossom mage can also be useful.

These threads can start you out very simply and work up your skill set from there.
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/combat-101.4968/
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/combat-201.15034/

Using the gems of knowledge website your troops would put you in the advanced group, but if their tactics are also advanced it might be too much to take in initially.

DeletedUser20709

If all you care about is tournaments and not world map combat, then you want to skip them. Currently the only reason to do the optional squad size techs is for an easier world map or more free troops from wonders/events. You will likely save more troops with skipping the tech than what you would get by the free increase. A word of caution: do not be surprised if in the future a change to the game makes this comment obsolete, with most people skipping all the techs it is possible something may change in the future.

Once you have access to all troop types (around chapter 3) combat is pretty much the same strategy. It gets more complex if you start to use non-barracks troops, then your chapter and race start to become important in such a discussion. As you mentioned you are new to combat I would stick to the basics for now and work with barracks troops as a default. Some obvious places to deviate from barracks are tournaments where cerberus are key or if you are an elve then the blossom mage can also be useful.

These threads can start you out very simply and work up your skill set from there.
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/combat-101.4968/
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/combat-201.15034/

Using the gems of knowledge website your troops would put you in the advanced group, but if their tactics are also advanced it might be too much to take in initially.
Dang..I almost didn't read this, and low and behold, I run into another pearl of wisdom from the Wizard of Elvenar. Thank you @Mykan. First off, I dont skip any tech, as I try and never go back. 2nd, I had some assumptions about the training ground troops( I dont use them) but you verified that.
You rock my friend. ;)