• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What Next Ancient Wonder Should I build

maeter75

I am at the point of looking into what next AW to Build and I am at a total loss as to which next one.
I am in the top 100, play the spire (to top most weeks) and tournament.
I thought about the Hero Forge but so rarely use heavy seems more a penalty leveling it up.
Almost all of the AW below are at the level I want them to be so I want to.

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Currently have

Golden Abyss
Needles
Martial Monastery
Crystal LightHouse
Watch Tower
Dwarf Bullark
Mountain Hall
Blooming Trader
Shrooms
Flying Academy
Dragon Abby
Temple of Toads
Victory Springs
Time Warp
Simia Sapian
Thermal Springs
Vallorian Seal Tower

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
@maeter75 , not sure if it will be of use to you , you seem knowledgeable enough on AWs , but over on Sorcerers Scrolls of Knowledge here on the Forum there’s an Ancient Wonder section that has compassion guides and a lot of valuable information

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
My prosperity tower is worth its weight in gold to me. I used to keep 10 workshops and I still ran out of supplies on occasion. Now, I keep four magic ones and I use excess supplies every day to buy goods from the wholesaler that I'm short on. I wouldn't give that thing up for anything.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
My prosperity tower is worth its weight in gold to me. I used to keep 10 workshops and I still ran out of supplies on occasion. Now, I keep four magic ones and I use excess supplies every day to buy goods from the wholesaler that I'm short on. I wouldn't give that thing up for anything.
I'm with @Darielle here. I have the PT and NO big workshops. I have 10 lvl 1 workshops for quests and that's it. I find that keeping the PT collected and having a bunch of smaller supply producing buildings is enough that I have to (with visits) actually dump supplies two to four times a day.

So, the PT is worth it if you want more space since it allows you to dump a lot, or even all, your workshops.

I'd do the PT or Hero's Forge because it gives you enough orcs that 1/2 of it's space is paid for by removing 1 orc nest because you are getting the orcs from the HF. On another note, I find it best to have Heavies because they can take the place of many other troops at the lower levels. In other words, using them instead of light ranged or even heavy melee means you aren't using your favorite troops at the lower levels and saving them for when you really need them. I guess that's my strategy. Use whatever can get the job done at the lower levels of things and save my big guns for when the weaker ones can't do it.

AJ

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Hey there hon - it's always great to read you here, miss ya.
What about the Vortex, to store guest race goods.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'm curious what levels are all the wonderful wonders at?

@Darielle
Maybe the culture boost from the monastery, watchtower, lighthouse and thermal springs make the PT unnecessary.(?)
You'll have to pull my PT from my cold dead hands, lol. If you are comparing it to a magic workshop, the PT wins hands down. My PT is only at level 16, so not that high, and it gives me 240K supplies every 3 hours ... just by itself, without the huge bonus it gives me on my power of provision spells. And it does that in only 20 squares of space.

If I didn't have a PT, my magic workshop would give me 141K in 3 hours and take up 30 squares of space. That alone makes the PT worth far more than a leveled up magic workshop. (My magics are at max level)

But if you add the Pop bonus to that, it really shines. My Power of Provision not only lasts 6 hours longer, but makes the spell worth 260% of what it would normally give. In other words, that magic workshop, with one PoP spell, can give me well over 470K supplies every 3 hours. Without the PT, a power of provision spell would just double production (and 6 hours less of that) so that I'd be getting less then 300K supplies. To me, that's a waste of power of provision spells when you've got something with a smallish footprint that would boost them so greatly.

You may not need a lot of goods from the wholesaler, but I love having all those extra supplies to buy goods that I may run short on. Also, I tend to sweep my fellowship's trades whenever I have enough, so I like to stock up for their sakes.

In my humble opinion, the Prosperity Towers is the best value out there if you do any catering at all, and it's still useful for exclusive fighters as well.

Ihrlaen

All of them are level 30/31 except lighthouse, I stopped at lvl 21 with it.
I looked up your city on Arendyll, and if that is correct, your BTG is only 16. If you were interested in changing that and you took the suggestion from @Darielle above above regarding Prosperity Towers, my next suggestion would be the Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood (underrated, in my opion). You are about halfway to the Super-Supply-Wholesaler strategy already.

If you are looking for only a single new wonder, my concurring suggestion would be for the Pyramid as @free-spirit mentioned to leverage additional benefit from your existing Armories/orc production.

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
I'd do the PT or Hero's Forge because it gives you enough orcs that 1/2 of it's space is paid for by removing 1 orc nest because you are getting the orcs from the HF.

The issue with the orc production of the Heroes' Forge, is that the orc production from orcs nest increases faster per chapter than the number of provinces completed (which HF production is based on) does.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The issue with the orc production of the Heroes' Forge, is that the orc production from orcs nest increases faster per chapter than the number of provinces completed (which HF production is based on) does.
Good point. I find, though, since it's not just orc production, it's value has to be adjusted upward. Especially since you will either need to use 8 RR to upgrade the Orc Nest or re-craft it for the chapter. So it's the KP to upgrade the HF vs the RR/crafting cost for the orc nest. It's all very complicated and I suspect most of us just "feel" or "sense" our way to what it's value is to us rather than compute it with some kind of value per square of production model.

AJ

maeter75

I wanted to say thank for for everyone advice, its some serious great information and really got me thinking about possibility. Such as the Super Wholesale strategy and using the Prosperity tower.

Orc wise, i have great luck with nests from the crafter so I lay those down between chapters for some extra production.

Pyramid also is high on my thinking too with the armories I have.

Never thought I would get to a point in the game where I actually had most of the AWs I wanted leveled