• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What options are available to avoid O & G

DeletedUser9601

I didn't time myself, but I was in Orcs for at least 2 months, and I play quite regularly. If you don't play 7 days a week, a few times a day, it will be even longer.

But honestly, its fine. To progress in the later chapters, you benefit greatly by having some AWs levelled up. Before I got to Orcs, I never levelled my AWs, because I was never tech-locked. So Orcs was a good excuse to get some strong AWs going.

Woodelves (to a lesser extent) and Sorcs&Dragons will have you tech-locked as well, but if you use that time to set aside some space for Fellowship Adventures, or Event quests, or even if you try harder in tournaments and devote some space to military buildings (a Monastery, and another armory), the game can stay fun.

But if someone honestly planned on stopping at Fairies, I'd say "find a new game." You're never going to be able to progress, and you'll be stuck 1. doing the same event quests over and over, 2. levelling AWs, and 3. doing tournaments. There's dozens of similar world-building games out there. Why spin your wheels here if you don't like the artwork?

StarLoad

But if someone honestly planned on stopping at Fairies, I'd say "find a new game." You're never going to be able to progress, and you'll be stuck 1. doing the same event quests over and over, 2. levelling AWs, and 3. doing tournaments. There's dozens of similar world-building games out there. Why spin your wheels here if you don't like the artwork?
I like the art and the game EXCEPT for O & G. and I have to agree that I can now do upgrades and it seems I might be able to take the time to get through O & G over time and just sneak past it. Many helpful Ideas here so far.

DeletedUser3507

I prefer the Temple of Element a premium culture building that out does anything offered in this event. I use 3 of them and avoided this event..:);)

Last edited by a moderator:

bkbajb

A lot of people do not like the Orc chapter. I did not mind it. Just work your way through it. In 1 of my cities I had 15 mushroom farms and 2 rally points and my other was 25/2. Took about 4 months to get through it, but I am in no hurry. I feel that there were some excellent upgrades earned and I was able to compete much better in the weekly tournaments. So what if they are ugly and stinky. You will get onto Woodelves soon enough.

StarLoad

A lot of people do not like the Orc chapter. I did not mind it. Just work your way through it. In 1 of my cities I had 15 mushroom farms and 2 rally points and my other was 25/2. Took about 4 months to get through it, but I am in no hurry. I feel that there were some excellent upgrades earned and I was able to compete much better in the weekly tournaments. So what if they are ugly and stinky. You will get onto Woodelves soon enough.
I dont even want to consider having 15 shroom farms ...

satchmo33

Am I incorrect in my thinking that I can make it through orcs by just building mushroom farms and a couple of those "fire in the pit' things? That's what I did through dwarves and fairies. I've upgraded e'thing I can to fairy levels (except military) and don't plan to upgrade those any further through orcs. Will I be doomed?

DeletedUser9601

Am I incorrect in my thinking that I can make it through orcs by just building mushroom farms and a couple of those "fire in the pit' things? That's what I did through dwarves and fairies. I've upgraded e'thing I can to fairy levels (except military) and don't plan to upgrade those any further through orcs. Will I be doomed?
Yes, you can manage with some farms and some rally points. You can hold off on upgrading armories, residences, workshops, etc. It will make it challenging to progress in Woodelves, though, because mana buildings are expensive. You also might not be able to afford certain province expansions if your Main Hall capacity isn't increased.
But it is doable. You could research straight through to Woodelves, then upgrade everything from Fairies to Orcs to Woodelves in one fell swoop.

satchmo33

Thanks for your answers.

Yeah - everything. If I type e'thing then I don't have to type the v e r y thus saving my poor overworked fingers. ')

DeletedUser

Thanks for your answers.

Yeah - everything. If I type e'thing then I don't have to type the v e r y thus saving my poor overworked fingers. ')

Understood. Sometimes I wish I could just dictate everything I write because I don't feel like typing. I'd have the first three books of my series out by now...:eek:

And thank you. :D

Oh and I suppose you think I am a dog compared to Az.....

You're beautiful too, Ed. :)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Ed1960
I didn't play with the rest of your city, but I've added the ideal layout for your set building in the corner
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/ab06d8e34b824a4cb84fcad50859fd68/

Edit: "Ideal" for getting the max number of boosts per building, I have no idea what it looks like.
2018 easter set.png

Last edited:

StarLoad

DeletedUser2768

I think there's a consensus that the Orc chapter is AWFUL!! Woodelves, by comparison, is wonderful. I had one city entering Orcs as another was exiting. I'll be thrilled when all three of my cities are through that slog.

StarLoad

I think there's a consensus that the Orc chapter is AWFUL!! Woodelves, by comparison, is wonderful. I had one city entering Orcs as another was exiting. I'll be thrilled when all three of my cities are through that slog.
I am in the same boat almost done with faries in another world

NearOK

Your decision is yours to make, of curse If you choose, you can walk away/quit playing Elvenar rather than progress to O & G. There are certainly an infinite number of other pursuits on which to spend your time. If you find yourself missing the game, you can always return to it. Inno will probably have added more chapters to it by then that might attract you into completing the game.