• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What other games are folks playing?

DeletedUser2768

I'll occasionally play DDO (D&D Online), and I'm considering DC Universe Online (I think that's the name). I have that one on my PS3, but didn't like it too much. A friend said the computer version is a little more intuitive than the console version. I played League of Angels 2 for a while, but it got too repetitive. I also play Wizard101.

My game play is a lot limited right now due to some tendonitis in my thumb.

DeletedUser2396

Ashen Empires

I have played this game for 15 years it has a small community now - It has a Starter Island that is free to play and you can go to Main World and play free as well but it is a Token based game that cost money for Expansions and VIP Status - thing is you can sell gears, weapons, healing pots, stam pots, lots of stuff that can be hunted (ingredients used in crafting) all for tokens that can be used to purchase the Expansions and VIP Status so it doesn't cost you irl monies basically your trading that stuff for tokens to purchase those (free) there are 2 servers - Legends Server which is player versus environment (pve) and Heroes Server which is player versus player (pvp)
I play on Legends Server - You can play game by yourself or join a Guild - there are 100's of skills in game and 100's of Monsters to hunt and Bosses to be hunted as well - takes belonging to a Guild to hunt Bosses for the most part -

if anyone is interested can just do a search on it or send me a message and i can give you my personal link to the game i think i cannot post my personal link in this forum without getting in trouble with the Game Moderators here - something about it being against the rules

SK

DeletedUser9531

I have been playing Wizard101 for a couple years. I absolutely love the game. It is marketed as a kids game, but there are as many adults playing as well as kids (teens) I have two accounts and two computers and run both my accounts side by side. If you decide to give it a try, stay out of the Commons, That's the Teenagers hook up place. The game plan, battles and advancement to new worlds is a blast. :) They sell crowns but do NOT push it at all. You have to have a membership to go out of the Main World, (Wizard City), but its is not expensive. a annual membership fee opens all worlds. I have spent more here in 4 months than I did there in a year..............not sure if that is a good thing. :) But I am having fun, so I guess it is.

DeletedUser2768

I have been playing Wizard101 for a couple years. I absolutely love the game. It is marketed as a kids game, but there are as many adults playing as well as kids (teens) I have two accounts and two computers and run both my accounts side by side. If you decide to give it a try, stay out of the Commons, That's the Teenagers hook up place. The game plan, battles and advancement to new worlds is a blast. :) They sell crowns but do NOT push it at all. You have to have a membership to go out of the Main World, (Wizard City), but its is not expensive. a annual membership fee opens all worlds. I have spent more here in 4 months than I did there in a year..............not sure if that is a good thing. :) But I am having fun, so I guess it is.

My husband and I have three characters we run together the highest is 80-something and stuck in Azteca. The other two are 50-something and 30-something, I think. Then there are the two we run with each of our kids. And my last slot is a solo character that I keep killing off and restarting.

You don't HAVE to buy a membership to access the areas. You can pay as you go. You'll still be spending real money on crowns (like the diamonds here), but they frequently have sales on the crowns to it's not such a hit to your bank account.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
looks interesting...how do you feel about it now?

Played Illyriad for 2 years until I got booted. LOL. I was rather controversial and successful at what I did, which was cause a lot of trouble by arguing unpopular positions. The boot came because my posts were too long in the forum and when I asked what the maximum length was, instead of telling me what it was they just booted me. I suspect, and some of my friends claim, the boot was in response to threats by some large players to quit in mass because I was persuading too many of the other players that their style of play wasn't good for the game, long run. That, and they didn't like losing arguments...LOL. Bullies will still be bullies even when they pretend and want to call it "aggressive game play" instead.

Otherwise I found the game great. The community (except the bullies) is awesome and very supportive of new players. The game play is a bit faster then Elvenar, but to really be effective you have to spend a small amount (a very reasonable amount, I might add) to keep things going. I played Lords of Ultima for years and found Illyriad more fun and friendly. Drama is present, but not overly so (unless you get the better end of an argument that is... LOL).

So I do recommend it, in spite of the GM's desire to keep the high paying players even when those players are just plain wrong, rude, and should be called on the carpet (politely, of course, always politely) for being so.

AJ