• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What Phoenix building are you raising?

DeletedUser20951

I've gone with the Aureate, although it is by far the weakest in benefits, strictly because I loathe temporary buffs in general and most of my goals tend to trickle down into the passive hoarding of goods. Next phoenix I place, once I have the means to evolve it decently, will be the Storm, as I do occasionally use MM spells to balance my three tiers and I could actually feed 'em both then to maximize the effect. I don't have any plans to craft pet food, either, which factors into the decision.

Ah geeze, almost forgot to mention another reason of the utmost importance. This definition:
Aureate.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Next phoenix I place, once I have the means to evolve it decently, will be the Storm, as I do occasionally use MM spells to balance my three tiers and I could actually feed 'em both then to maximize the effect. I don't have any plans to craft pet food, either, which factors into the decision.

I run the MM spells pretty much non-stop on my boosted sentient goods because you can never get enough of them.

DeletedUser

I have several cities, and I play each account as a "character". So which Phoenix is raised up depends solely on that character's nature...though I suspect I will end up with more Storm birds than the other two.

@Nonchalant Antipathy so, basically, the kind of Phoenix you'd expect Lucius Malfoy to keep...if one would lower itself to such a position, that is. :p

DeletedUser20951

I have several cities, and I play each account as a "character". So which Phoenix is raised up depends solely on that character's nature...though I suspect I will end up with more Storm birds than the other two.
In a previous online game I was playing, I had three accounts that I 'spoke' differently to others because I decided to give them different personalities, but coming up with elaborate styles for the actual gameplay is beyond me (whether due to mental capacity or willingness to put in the effort, I couldn't sa- Both, it's both). I think it's pretty cool that you do so, though.

DeletedUser

In a previous online game I was playing, I had three accounts that I 'spoke' differently to others because I decided to give them different personalities, but coming up with elaborate styles for the actual gameplay is beyond me (whether due to mental capacity or willingness to put in the effort, I couldn't sa- Both, it's both). I think it's pretty cool that you do so, though.

I've been writing since I was 10, and playing RPGs since D&D came out. So I can honestly say that I have been full of other people for the better part of my life. :D

Socrates28

At first I was very excited about the Aureate Phoenix, until I realized that the boost only applied to the basic production amount and not the boosted amount. It would make a difference in total production, just not as much as would be needed to go with a straight non-fighting city. I had tried to go the non-fight route, and still negotiate on the world map, but I am beginning to fight in tourneys and doing very well. I therefore went with the Fire Phoenix (in conjunction with UUU's) and it has really made a difference as I only use the default troops and auto-fight. In this last tournament I finished 14th, my best ever.
If I can get enough tokens I will probably go with the Storm Phoenix next for the reasons stated above.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The bonuses you get from feeding your pet are the same as you can get from wonders

Aureate = mountain halls
Storm = Elvenar trade center
Fire = Needles+Heroes forge+Dragon Abbey+Temple of Toads+Victory Springs

The 24h duration on Fire means that an active player gets the bonus 100% of the time when fighting which is significantly better than the other 2 wonders that you can't sustainably make enough pet food to feed prior to every collect.

Socrates28

I would think that most of the time the Fire Phoenix would be used for tournaments. In that case since the reset time is 16 hours (for me at this point in the game) by timing your rounds you will only have to feed it 3 times to cover all your rounds, rather than 5 or 6 times. That is a big savings on Pet Food and the supplies it takes to make it.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I would think that most of the time the Fire Phoenix would be used for tournaments. In that case since the reset time is 16 hours (for me at this point in the game) by timing your rounds you will only have to feed it 3 times to cover all your rounds, rather than 5 or 6 times. That is a big savings on Pet Food and the supplies it takes to make it.
With the Time Warp wonder, I can get away with only using 2 pet foods and doing all 6 rounds.:cool:

DeletedUser17455

I went with the Storm Phoenix because I am entering Wood Elves and thought the mana would be worth it but... it totally isn't :D I should have gone with Fire and will regret this forever. The building is quite efficient, in terms of supplies/pop/etc... but yeah I am kicking myself. I was juuuust coming out of a slump in my activity and didn't bother "mathing it out". I was just like "eh, I will need mana for wood elves, right?"

No. Turns out my twenty Burning Pools provide more than enough mana.

Last edited:

kctanzen

I am using the Fire Phoenix.

I'm a miser and don't choose to spend resources unless I feel I can get the maximum benefits from them (my perception of maximum, not necessarily the true math / stats about those choices). So feeding back to back feedings are pretty much out of the question at the moment because I simply can't train enough troops / have enough survive battles to blitz more than the first 2 rounds. Those are the most critical for me due to: a) easiest / least costly battles and b) lots of relics, PoP spells, and KP. Then, I can turn the abundance of PoP spells into crafting fragments as needed since I am farming so many of them up and have quite a stash started long before.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The bonuses you get from feeding your pet are the same as you can get from wonders

Aureate = mountain halls
Storm = Elvenar trade center
Fire = Needles+Heroes forge+Dragon Abbey+Temple of Toads+Victory Springs

Note also that these bonuses are additive to the wonder bonuses, not separate multipliers. That is for boosted T1-3 productions, the amount is 100% base + relics (up to 700%) + aureate + mountain halls (oddly aureate will not help non-boosted, but MH will). For the magical manufacturing spell, the potency is 100% base + 50% MM spell + Storm + Elvenar Trade Center (note storm does not extend MM spell like ETC does). For troops, the attack value is 100% base + Fire + Needles, HF, DA, TT, VS (which ever wonder applies).

DeletedUser21256

I have a question, my baby Storm Phoenix is supposed to provide Magical Manufacturing Bonus. But I can not see this benefit when I "feed" the phoenix. It SAYS it is providing 70% boost, but I don't see that reflected in the goods produced. Is my understanding of how this works imperfect, or do I need to fully evolve the bird first (we are at level 4)? Or does it work some other way. Sorry, bit of a novice to the game here. Any help appreciated. El.