• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What Would Be Your Favorite GoT Ending

DeletedUser

Od's Teeth, where is my "Like" button? :confused:

@Nonchalant Antipathy: D&D said that the reason Jon doesn't go over and give Ghost a pat when he sends (perhaps one of the single greatest wolf characters ever) North with Tormund (who would certainly be in my personal "Warriors Three") is because...

...get ready...

They couldn't afford the CGI to have Jon kneel down and show his bonded companion love before they parted ways, possibly forever.

That's as asinine to me as the Harry Potter people excluding Peeves and Phineas Nigellus Black from the film series, as well as denying Kreacher his redemption in the Battle of Hogwarts.

@Vergazi: Exactly.

@Gath Of Baal: You've no idea how much I agree with you. They could have made The Night King a legendary foe, instead of a ridiculous misdirection. And wasting Theon in the process.

Alpha Lyrae

7 seasons of building up the Night King to only dedicate 1 episode to his demise.. I had to sit literally in front of my TV to see anything that was happening through out the battle.. They could have made a whole season just based on fighting the Army Of The Dead.
YESSSSSS!

DeletedUser20951

D&D said that the reason Jon doesn't go over and give Ghost a pat when he sends (perhaps one of the single greatest wolf characters ever) North with Tormund (who would certainly be in my personal "Warriors Three") is because...

They could have made The Night King a legendary foe, instead of a ridiculous misdirection.
Ah, they threw cheap-tricked misdirections around like trinkets during Mardi Gras. Such weak cop-outs to try to cover up that they lacked any true ingenuity.
I believe whichever D it was in that interview about Ghost lied to make the patting in the final episode stand out more (CHEAP). I can't really summon words to describe how preposterous I found the resolution of the White Walker threat, but going the route of a quick and relatively easy victory just for shock value and laziness is not adequate. NOT ADEQUATE AT ALL. Also, I have very little doubt that the so-called editing 'mistakes' (cups, water bottles) were completely intentional, simply meant as additional subterfuge, to distract from this utter ruin of beloved pop culture, and it worked.
My favorite ending would be to throw out all of season 8 and begin from the end of season 7. Get in Peter Jackson or almost any writer/creator who gives 2 hoots about the craft of storytelling and we can relegate this last fake-season to the ashcan of cinematic history...or perhaps we can call it the "lost season." and include it in a special future dvd boxed set so we'll have something to laugh at after watching the ending that the series deserved.
I know that petition demanding a rewrite of the final season won't result in anything, but I wish it would with every filament of sentience sparking reality that I possess.

DeletedUser

This explains the whole 8th season...XD

Exactly. And these two ever-so-creative guys are now responsible for the next Star Wars movie.

Came across this article that exposes and explains the root issue behind the final season's downfall, something I never fully recognized with much clarity and detail (I now want to watch The Wire, too).

I couldn't get your link to load until I removed the "?redirect=1"
https://blogs.scientificamerican.co...fans-hate-the-last-season-of-game-of-thrones/

Spot on article.

DeletedUser20951

I couldn't get your link to load until I removed the "?redirect=1"
Edited it out. I thought that part of the link address was strange, but it was loading with a click for me and I figured it was just another odd naming habit of the site. I use NoScript, though, and not many pages work the same with scripts enabled, or maybe the browser was causing the problem. Either way, the fixing is appreciated. Thank you!

I am genuinely curious whether the writers were aware of this style change, if is was intentional or not, but they claim everything they did was for the good of the series and people simply don't understand their vision. *sighs* I really, really feel for Star Wars fans. I suspect they are in for an underwhelming, cliched ride.