• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What's a good way to do Ancient Wonder help for Fellowship?

Iamaita

My FS is talking about trying to implement this the wonder society program that is detailed here:
https://elvengems.com/ancient-wonders/wonder-society/

I’m really hoping that enthusiasm for participation goes up as more people start to get their own wonders. Right now it feels like I’m trying to dangle a carrot in front of a bunch of cats. They bat at it for a minute and then wander off.

So... I will let the older and more experienced players who actually use this system or another one answer. And I will gladly soak up their advice as well. (And I’m sure that they will have more information about where this program came from to give proper credit where it is due. :))

NightshadeCS

My least favorite system is the one where there is just a list of everyone's AWs and you go through them one-by-one and donate until they upgrade. There is no way to make sure that people investing a lot of KP get that back in their AWs.

The easiest way that maintains pretty good fairness are swap threads. They take very little oversight and everyone gets back what they put out. A swap thread works by creating a thread for a certain amount (say 5KP to start out). The first person posts what AW they would like to donate to. The next person who wants to swap some KP posts that they donated to the previous person and then lists what AW they want donated to. And on and on. You simply have to start a new thread when too many messages have built up.

You can have as many swap threads as you like, for whatever denominations work for everyone. People can jump in or out at any time, you don't have to have AWs listed in the city name (unless that is in the hopes of neighborly contributions). If two people post at the same time, it can usually be caught quickly and rectified.

The best method is definitely the Wonder Society program referenced above. It takes a lot of babysitting, though, so may not be the way to go to start out with. It ensures very fast leveling and the greatest fairness all around.