• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What's being worked upon?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I may have missed it, I admit it. AND it may be right there, staring me in the face, but.... how about a list of things the developers are working on? In other words, tell us what we might expect to be introduced in the future out of the things we have suggested. Maybe even rate ideas with some kind of system, like: 0 chance of happening, 1 maybe, but probably only when Hell freezes over, 2 maybe, maybe not, 3 some possibilities hear, let's keep talking, and 4 Yes! We're working on it, and finally 5 Done and Done already!

It's just we see the same suggestions over and over and if, at the top of the Ideas and Suggestions page there was a place to check if our idea is in the hopper, has a chance of being in the hopper, or has been buried twenty feet below the hopper, we might not waste our time suggesting it again, and again, and again.

Just my idea for today, and if it's been suggested before, buried or has a life in some thread I missed, I apologize for the waste the reader's time.

AJ

Handgrenade

I may have missed it, I admit it. AND it may be right there, staring me in the face, but.... how about a list of things the developers are working on? In other words, tell us what we might expect to be introduced in the future out of the things we have suggested. Maybe even rate ideas with some kind of system, like: 0 chance of happening, 1 maybe, but probably only when Hell freezes over, 2 maybe, maybe not, 3 some possibilities hear, let's keep talking, and 4 Yes! We're working on it, and finally 5 Done and Done already!

It's just we see the same suggestions over and over and if, at the top of the Ideas and Suggestions page there was a place to check if our idea is in the hopper, has a chance of being in the hopper, or has been buried twenty feet below the hopper, we might not waste our time suggesting it again, and again, and again.

Just my idea for today, and if it's been suggested before, buried or has a life in some thread I missed, I apologize for the waste the reader's time.

AJ
I think this would be a great idea, however it is probably 20 feet under the hopper already lol. I have noticed in the short time i have been playing that these developers really dont care much for their player base. It is honestly sad, i have submittes many suggestions and issues that bother me throufh their in game support function and they direct me here to see much of the same complaints and also this post plainly asking if anyone is even paying attention... the answer is not no but heck no. They just made the forum as a place where folks can complain together and get stuff off their chests. This is essentially like a place we can all be together and show support for eachother. Sadly some smart person will probably just figure out a way to hack the game to give away a bunch of free stuff until every one of their players gets angry enough to also use the hack. Their income drops dramatically and they start to check on their players concerns. Happened in Castle Clash. Sadly much to late for me to go back to the game. We had a huge group on line chat for that game and all the folks shared information. Tons of folks even got the most rediculous sized refunds. 10k, 8k, 5k even 20k... how can you spend that much. But they did and got it all back. Kind of like a players union. We would have zero spending days ect with hundreds of the top spenders. After a few weeks of that the chats would wind up inviting a new friend and our chat rooms started getting nuked by bots.

AtaguS

I am not trying to contradict with @Handgrenade is saying...there are many players with similar experiences so it would be wrong to catagorically say it isn't the case. I'd like to offer a second perspective. The game has evolved quite a bit over the last few years, and some of those ways reflect things I'd seen asked for on this forum. Possibly a coincidence...perhaps they don't read or care much about our ideas and had plans to implement some of those changes anyway. I don't know. But - with definate exceptions - overall I have liked the changes and trust there is an effort still taking place to retain player satisfaction. The most recent Phoenix event is my best example at the moment.

On Beta, the 2020 artifacts available in the FA were unable to be converted to 2019s because the spell had left the MA prior to the finish of the FA. A great loud stink was made and at the last minute...it was announced that on live servers the spell would remain for 5 days after the finish of the FA. I don't have proof that our squawking is what made the difference...but I felt heard.

And it is true I don't know what motivates the devs to listen or not listen and Handgranade's experience of the forum is common also. I'm just not personally ready to give up hope :)

That said, I really like this idea. I know @Xelenia was changing the tags on threads for a while to reflect they'd been forwarded, and we got a couple updates here and there...but in individual threads that get quickly buried. It would be so helpful to have a single place where we could search through what has, hasn't and will never be considered!

Last edited:

Risen Malchiah

I've often asked for more information like this in the patch notes. A few tidbits of possible upcoming changes would be awesome. Unfortunately, the devs have always avoided giving out such info. In many of the live Q&As, players ask about yet-to-be-implemented stuff and the answers are a mixture of giggling, winking and wait-and-see's.

But having a list of accepted/possible/impossible forum suggestions would be great.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I suspect the problem isn't really that they don't wish to tell you, it's that they can't. They can't because once you announce the introduction of a thing you are pretty much committed to doing the thing within a reasonable time frame....which is problematic in programming because, well, programmers aren't the best at getting it done in a timely manner. I ran an IT company for a lot of years and found out pretty early that programmers think they can program peace and prosperity in ninety days and deliver wars and poverty somewhere between year and ten. Sales people sell it tomorrow, programmers promise it for tomorrow, and it's delivered next week, bugs and all. So the real problem is getting reliable estimates of when it will be done and I suspect Inno is unable to do that for new features and thus doesn't wish to announce new features due to the wrath of unforgiving players.

I once played a game where a major upgrade was announced and six months later still hadn't come in. Players quit. No, a LOT of players quit. Inno's too smart to make that mistake, even if it would really, really, be nice for us.

AJ

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'd find it interesting, and have greatly enjoyed the open road map of at least one other game in which I participated, but going by how secretive game companies are (on average) about their plans and talking about unsolved bugs, I'd be surprised if they decided to release a road map of any kind. They have to put some effort into it, in particular ensuring that they don't reveal anything that lets anyone exploit a flaw or take advantage of an anticipated design change ahead of the new code.

For just one example, if people had known in advance that they'd be able to get five RR and a Blueprint out of 10 tournament chests, many of them would have hung onto buildings that the devs were trying to get out of the game by making them inefficient. Early grand prizes come to mind.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Good Evening,

Going off by my experience, the request you have in place will unfortunately not be followed. As mentioned by @Ashrem if the developers were to provide a roadmap of everything they are bringing to the users, it will be very easy for individuals to manipulate their playing style to meet the upcoming features.

Xelenia