• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What's For Dinner?

DeletedUser20396

We are having steak fajitas tonight. I don't know the recipe because my mom is going to help cook it. :)

DeletedUser20396

Tonight is Chicken Pecan Stir-Fry.
Here's the ingredients:
1 1/2 lb. chicken
3 tablespoons of Soy sauce
2 teaspoons of cornstarch
2 tablespoons of dried sherry (we don't have any, so I'm going to use lemon juice.)
1teaspoon of ginger, grated
1 teaspoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons of cooking oil
2 medium green peppers
1 onion
1 cup of pecan

For best flavor, cook pecans in cooking oil on low heat till the smell delicious. :)

DeletedUser20747

Old family favorite, don't knock it till you try it! Spam, kidney beans, and apple sauce. Everyone I ever say this too has the same reaction: "Eeeeeewwwwww......" But if I can convince them to try it, they always request it again later. Lol!

The recipe is super easy, and can be doubled, tripled, or whatever you need for the number of people you're feeding. For two adults, I use the following:

1 can of Spam (I use Turkey Spam because it tastes less salty), cut into fairly small cubes
2 cans of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (23 oz) jar of apple sauce (I use unsweetened, but you can use whatever you want)

Put it all in a pot/large bowl/whatever you want. Everything is already ready to eat, so you can eat it cold or heat it up. I stick mine in the microwave for about 2:30 minutes, and my mom always wanted hers warmed on a stove. Sounds gross, but tastes great!

DeletedUser20396

Sounds great too. I'm not a big fan of spam, because of it's too salty, but the turkey one might be a good one to try. Kidney beans are very heathy for you, along with the apple sauce. "Apple a day keeps the doctor away." :) I think I'd eat it cold. :)

DeletedUser20747

Also, the sweetness of the apple sauce (even the unsweetened kind) offsets the saltiness of the spam, so it isn't overwhelming.

DeletedUser15476

Tonight will be asparagus and ham quiche with a side salad :)

DeletedUser20396

I love Quiche. Specially Spinach quiche, because a friend at church made it for Big Breakfast one Sunday, and I love it. I think she also put Bacon in it. :) We have the recipe. :)

Vergazi

I had stirred eggs with black fungus lately...it's good for breakfast, but good anytime as well

Ingredient List-

Half bag of Chinese drief black fungus aka rat ear fungus or even cloud ears...soak in hot water til rehydrated..trim off stems. shred finely
3 or 4 green onions chopped up
4-6 eggs depending on how many to serve
real oyster sauce..not the fake stuff.
real soy sauce..please, not the fake stuff
few shakes of salt
2 tbls cooking oil, neutral flavor like peanut oil or reg. veg oil

heat a skillet while scrambling the eggs, med-high heat is fine
put oil in skillet and shake in a good 8-10 shakes of salt..this is for the fungus and onion primarily
throw in fungus and green onions and stil a minute or so
then stir in the eggs move around in stir fry fashion. Don't slowly push inward to the center like regular scrambled eggs
just before they lose their glisten shine turn off the heat and stir in three tablespoons of oyster sauce and drizzle in about a tablespoon of soy sauce.

toss until all is covered in the sauce and the soy sauce and oyster sauce is blended..or you can just mix them before adding but I add from the bottles and save the clean up. Time to eat! Fine alone, but I like to have buttered toast with it and coffee.

oops...this is what's for dinner isn't it?

Gnocchi with tomato sauce

DeletedUser20396

we are having sliced ham on toast. Simply and to the point. :)

Vergazi

Ham is good with anything!...but the brown sugar ham...well...yuck

Ever have chipped beef on toast or is that not a thing with the young'uns these days?

DeletedUser20396

I've never had Chipped beef. In the last 3 yr. I did try spam. :)

I rarely make chipped beef on toast. My mother used to make it on occasion. My father had another name for it from the military that I won't repeat here :rolleyes: Not sure what it was about my Mom's but mine never seems quite as good as what she made.