• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What's For Dinner?

DeletedUser20747

Ok mods, go easy on me; I'm new. If this isn't allowed, please let me know so I don't do something stupid like this again. :p

What's for dinner at your house tonight?

I don't know about you guys, but I get tired of making the same things over and over again, so I'm always looking for new recipes. Of course, if you get the recipe from a book and it's copyrighted, please don't post the recipe here, but I *think* it's ok for you to tell us which cookbook it came from. If it's your own recipe, post away! What are some of your favorite meals?

Tonight I'm making a dairy-free, soy-free turkey loaf, with mixed veggies on the side. I got the recipe from a dairy-free cookbook, and it's a family favorite!

DeletedUser20396

I am making Fiery Pot Texas Chili. The ingredients are as follows: 2lb. of hamburger meat, 2 onions chopped, 1green pepper, 5-6 Garlic Cloves pressed, 1 t. of Oregano, 1t. of cumin, 1/4 cup of Chili pdr, 1t salt, 1 can of Tom sauce, opt. 1/2t. sugar, cayenne pepper, jalapeno peppers.

DeletedUser20396

don't usually put in the jalapenos or cayenne since my sister hates hot stuff. :) Talking food, I got to go cook. I'm sure this is appropriate for the forum. This is the lounge.

DeletedUser20747

Sounds good, then! Yes, I, too, must go cook now. Lol!

Gath Of Baal

I am to set in my tastes to try weird or new things when it comes to food. I know what I like and I rarely deviate from it and I never get tired of eating the same things over and over again.

I have experimented with the meals I like and through the years have perfected them to 100% fit my tastes

I am a steak and baked potato guy and I eat it 4 times a week the other 3 days is either home made pizza or subs :) I make the pizza dough or the sub rolls from scratch..

Tonight dinner is grilled Porterhouse with a smothered baked potato and fried bacon green beans... Yummy :p I mainly eat porterhouse, T-Bone or NY strip, but tonight is thick cut porterhouse

-- Porterhouse is marinade for at least 12 hours using soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, butter, garlic, olive oil, oregano, and a touch of brown sugar, salt and pepper.
Grilled to medium rare then covered with sautéed onions and mushrooms.

-- Baked potato is first injected with garlic butter then coated with butter before wrapping and slow cooking in the oven.. when done even more butter is added :) along with sour cream, finely cut spring onion, cheddar cheese and bacon bits sprinkled on top

-- Green beans are first cooked then added to a frying pan for a few minutes along with cut pieces of bacon in which the green beans fry in the bacon grease.. sometimes I will switch it up and make steamed broccoli covered in butter and cheese sauce..

Its a lot of food but I only eat once a day so I make sure I fill up when I do eat.

I don't know how "healthy" this meal is but I am still alive after all these years and the only medical problems I have were incurred through military service and not diet related.. and no I am not a big person :p

DeletedUser20396

That sounds good. I think personally I would get tired of it. I like spaghetti too much to deviate from it. :)

DeletedUser20747

A good steak is always awesome, but I would only cook them on a grill. I had a roommate a few years back who would eat steak almost every night. It was fine, except that he decided that it would be ok for him to use my really good skillet to cook his steaks. I don't know what he did to it, but it took me over two hours of scrubbing to get all the scorch marks out of the pan. Nope, I don't cook steak at home anymore. But I definitely have a favorite steak restaurant!

DeletedUser20747

My dinner for tonight is already in the crock pot, and my house smells soooooo good right now! I'm trying out a Beef Burgundy recipe, with baby portobellos. It has to cook in the crock pot for about 7 hours, and I spent an hour cutting up and browning the meat, and making the Burgundy sauce. I hope it tastes as good as it smells!

DeletedUser17642

I think left over Sweet and Sour chicken with rice will be tonights dinner.

DeletedUser17642

Tonight I just had chips and miracle whip (mayo). xD yah... >.< I'm weird. xD

DeletedUser20396

Maybe try throwing some green onion in the mayo and you'd have homemade green onion chip dip. :)

Laochra

I might just make pancakes & turkey sausage for dinner. We sometimes like to have breakfast for dinner, about once a week.
I use my Great-Grandmother's pancake recipe, that I have made so many times, I have it memorized. :D

1 cup of flour (I use unbleached)
1 Tbsp (aluminum-free) baking powder
1/4 cup oil (I use grapeseed oil)
1 cup of milk (I use 1%)
2 large eggs
Mix flour & baking powder in one bowl & oil, milk & eggs in a separate bowl. Combine them to make your batter.
I use a small omelet pan to cook mine, so they cook thicker, but they do just as well on a griddle or larger skillet.
Or the batter can also be used in a waffle iron too.
Recipe can be easily doubled or tripled & then the pancakes frozen in twos, for quick hot breakfasts before work/school. ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser20396

Yum!!!:p (The emoji is as close as I could get to licking my chops. :D:D)

DeletedUser20747

Tonight's dinner: Random Poultry Soup

I had a whole bunch of individual pieces of chicken and turkey just hanging out and taking up room in my freezer. So, I pulled them out and thawed them, and today I'm making soup.

lots of random poultry
onion
celery
garlic
thyme
oregano
sage
rosemary
tarragon
coriander
allspice
basil
bay leaves
salt
pepper
poultry seasoning
corn
broccoli
cauliflower
peas
carrots
green beans
maybe some collard greens? (haven't decided yet)
sherry
rice

Boil anything with bones for about 45 minutes, with spices. Take the meat out and take all the bones out, put the meat back in the pot. Add anything you want, except the rice, and bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 3-4 hours. Add rice about a half hour before serving. Ta-da!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20396

Tonight is Leftover Homemade Pizza that my mom made for the second meal of the day. YuM!!

Laochra

Homemade pizza is ALWAYS good!
This is a picture of the pizza pot-pie my hubby makes from scratch.
44257034_10215576261572702_2001513592398020608_o.jpg