• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What's In A Name?

I'm sure someone has already done one of these, but I find this topic endlessly amusing and interesting.
What is the origin/reason/logic behind your screen name on here? I'll go first.

For years I was Stalker, the Grey Ronin online. I was offline due to health issues for a few years, and when I came back my usual name was in use in most places. My second choice was a character in a story I wrote, but that name was also used a lot. Imajica Luthiel is that character's cousin in the story, and unlikely to ever be used by anyone besides me.

tl; dr: Backup name.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Ashrem means "harelipped" in Hebrew.

The original Player's Handbook when D&D 3.0 came out in 2000 had a CD with character generation software. The first name it offered my elven bard was "Ashrem" and I was immediately taken with it.

Buttrflwr

I had a friend once who said I was a cross between a social butterfly, and a wallflower, as people are not my fav creatures. :p Thus, butterflower was born. :D :p I am some form of the spelling on all games I play.

Thistleknot

Thistleknot is the name of one of my more interesting D&D characters. He's a hobbit warrior that uses a long sword as a two-handed sword. This seemed like a good place for him to pop up now that he's retired.

DeletedUser2824

Hehe, I've done something like this with the fellowships where I'm archmage. Almost all my usernames and such are names of my characters, with Tagg being the most often used. Even all my cities have names from my characters, with Artemis Dale being the exception, as it's referring to one of my favorite characters from R. A. Salvorore's books.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
For me Squirrel has been my nickname since grade school, there were others, :eek:, but I liked this one so it stuck. The "Sir" is just because it is in the era of kings and knights. I found the avatar online and it fits perfectly I think!!

DeletedUser4778

Draconomicon is the Book of Dragons in D&D. My old avatar was a red dragon that varron sent me but I prefer black and blue dragons or the Ouroboros.

DeletedUser3942

Caillean is the High Priestress of Avalon in a novel series by Marion Zimmer Bradley.
I was reading the books when I started my first online game and was searching for a screen name... and that's it ever since ;)

Buttrflwr

Thistleknot is the name of one of my more interesting D&D characters. He's a hobbit warrior that uses a long sword as a two-handed sword. This seemed like a good place for him to pop up now that he's retired.

Wasn't Thistleknot also a character in Watership Down?

EDIT: Nope, nvm. It wasn't, I checked. It was Bigwig I was thinking of. That's close to Thistleknot....NOT. :p :D

DeletedUser4601

Well, I guess I'm the Odd man out per say. Early Dawn is my actual given Native American name and the name of my Photography business and my Native American crafting business. So here I am Early Dawn :)

CanDaMan

For me Squirrel has been my nickname since grade school, there were others, :eek:, but I liked this one so it stuck. The "Sir" is just because it is in the era of kings and knights. I found the avatar online and it fits perfectly I think!!
Squirrel was my dad's nickname in school (1950's).

In the '80's, I was in the military, everyone usually went by last names. 'Can' is the fist 3 letters of it. When you played video games back then, high scorers could enter their names. Back then you could only enter 8 characters - CanDaMan. I was also called 'CanDoMan' on occasion, what ever it took, I would get things done!

Last edited:

DeletedUser5747

Elmoonwen was the name of my Cleric in D&D circa 1995, it is also part of my first name, my last name.

DeletedUser3087

My Real name is Russell Strong so Russio of Stronghaven sounded more Renaissance like.