• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What's the deal with the lack of Scroll players in the game?

Ronaldson

Forgive me in advance...New to the forum, but i've been playing for over a year. We are having a very hard time of keeping/finding good, solid scroll boosted players. We thought we had a good one, but she's been MIA for over a week or more. The AM is trying to reach out to her. It seems that it's always Scroll boosted players. It seems i read in the forum a while back that since they came out with the moonstone library some time ago that the Scroll players have dwindled. I could be mistaken. Again, i apologize for my ignorance on the issue, but it just seems to be impossible to find a good, solid scrolls boosted FS member.
Thanks for your help!

Silver Lady

I’m scrolls boosted and did almost quit. Back when all Moonstone Libraries had pieces that produced scrolls for everybody and you could (and some did) win multiples from the Spire my Scrolls became practically worthless. It’s taken Inno changing the production to be T2 boost+1 (I.e., silk for me), moving the set to the MA & limiting it to one (for players who didn’t get any from the Spire) and TIME to get my scrolls to where they are now starting to be worth something. But there are still older players with big bone yards (old slang for the set) that still produce scrolls so in some areas in some worlds scrolls are still a little under valued, but it getting better. Now if something could just be done with the over supply of T3 goods. :rolleyes:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Scrolls are pushed as a boosted in many realms. If I try to plant a new city and it comes up anything but crystal I will just try again, because, let's see, I have:
P Sc D (EN1 main) 2016
S Sc E (EN2 main) 2016
S Sc E (EN2 alt) 2017
M Si G (EN1 alt) 2017
M C G (EN3 main) 2017
P Si G (Beta main) 2018
S Sc E (US2 main) 2018
P Si G (US8 main) 2019
P Sc D (US2 alt) 2020
P Si D (US7 alt) 2021
M C G (but they tried to give me S Sc D) Beta, alt 2022
For my next I'd like S C E.

But that's not on offer, hardly ever. I won't play another Scrolls city because I feel that I've paid my dues there.

Maeryn

I’m scrolls boosted and did almost quit. Back when all Moonstone Libraries had pieces that produced scrolls for everybody and you could (and some did) win multiples from the Spire my Scrolls became practically worthless. It’s taken Inno changing the production to be T2 boost+1 (I.e., silk for me), moving the set to the MA & limiting it to one (for players who didn’t get any from the Spire) and TIME to get my scrolls to where they are now starting to be worth something. But there are still older players with big bone yards (old slang for the set) that still produce scrolls so in some areas in some worlds scrolls are still a little under valued, but it getting better. Now if something could just be done with the over supply of T3 goods. :rolleyes:
The tier 3 goods seem to be dwindling in their occurrences in event buildings and newer players on the new tech tree won’t being getting a t3 stockpile that older players got. Less event buildings are gotten before hitting guest races now.

bkbajb

I am boosted in scrolls and have never thought about quitting. I had the Moonstone set for a while but got rid of it. Newer players need to understand that this game evolves as the players move up. If you do not have enough T3 goods then build more. Once you get into S1-3 goods your needs will change. Having extra T1-3 in storage allows you to bring back and upgrade what you have. Back in the good ole days we had no storage and I am a firm believer that having it allows players too much freedom to bring back some buildings. Back when I first started playing you had better be sure before selling off a building. I made those mistakes. But you had to think more and I prefer that challenge over moving a building to storage. We are both in Harandar and I have looked at you city. You have room to add more T2 and use MM's for the boost. I do not see a MH in your city which will boost your T1-3 and pop.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Card carrying member of Scroll Boosted & Almost Quit Club too. Survived on a BTG and wholesaler buying until they fixed the Moonstones. I feel like this has also spread to steel too since 2/3 of scroll combos have steel for T1s, and in turn, sentients related to steel and scrolls. My trader rarely lists any scroll or steel offerings, but they do get taken by neighbors if I list my own, which tells me it’s not quite a shortage, but just in really high demand. My baby city rolled scroll boosted too but can’t tell as much what is going on in that world since my scouted region is tiny and all the big brothers and sisters in my FS think my little trade denominations are cute. They all seem to have reached osmosis levels of inventory in late chapter and never need to list anything. As far as new cities go, there are plenty getting scroll and steel boosts from my experience in Newbieville.

Silver Lady

You have room to add more T2 and use MM's for the boost. I do not see a MH in your city which will boost your T1-3 and pop.
@bkbajb If this was aimed at me thanks for the thought. I’ve been playing for over 3 years & I’m aware of the effects for the MH and do use it in my mainly catering cities. My city in Harandar mostly fights and I currently have plenty of goods And I’m not wanting to take the hit for the AW levels. But again thank you for the thoughts it’s always helpful to have an outside prospective.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yep, and if this is aimed at me, nope I do not feel that I have room for another Silk and a Mountain Halls, I am starting Halflings! Lol, I need lots of room for farms and fields (and I like to linger in this chapter prior to stepping up the demands placed on my city due to sentients). As I mentioned above, I have many cities and I am testing different approaches for myself. My Library set doesn't make Scrolls either.

defiantoneks

i have scrolls in Elcy. Was quite frustrated til the researches and upgrades that came up requiring millions of scrolls, and the rest of my FS to beg borrow steal and TRADE me for them. til then no one wanted em.

Start Anew

Scrolls are my boast and that is all I produce and find I can trade for all the T1 and T3 I need
scrolls.jpg

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Raises hand on this issue ... I had a scrolls boost city in Khelonar and with the glut of scrolls back then, it just seemed pointless to keep it. I abandoned it. Now that scrolls are in demand, if I ever find the time I may revive it. That won't be for a while yet. I'm swamped with work.

Ronaldson

Thanks for all the Info, and answers guys! If anyone is boosted in scrolls, and looking for a good FS, hit us up in K world "**ILLUSTRIOUS ELITES**.... I'm not the AM, but i am a mage. Don't know if im supposed to be trying to get recruits here or not, but i had to try! Sorry!

bkbajb

@bkbajb If this was aimed at me thanks for the thought. I’ve been playing for over 3 years & I’m aware of the effects for the MH and do use it in my mainly catering cities. My city in Harandar mostly fights and I currently have plenty of goods And I’m not wanting to take the hit for the AW levels. But again thank you for the thoughts it’s always helpful to have an outside prospective.

There is the bigger issue. AW hits. Even though each upgrade only adds a minimal amount, our FS has the numbers somewhere it does add up, slowly. Since you only fight then goods are not an issue, but they will. When you reach the S goods you will need more T1-3 in order to make the S1-3. Looking at Elven stats I have 314 AW levels. When I talk to higher ranked players and we compare the costs, it really is not much of a difference. I am not sure what chapter you are in and it does not make a difference. My only point is if you have not done it yet look ahead 3 chapters and see what you are going to need and start working on it now. It can get frustrating. Space and pop will always be problems which is why I like the hybrid buildings. Pop, culture and goods.