• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What's the weather like in your neck of the woods today?

StarLoad

COLD! Brrrrrrr COLD! I don't like it! I mean I really, really, really, really, really, really, really.........[and hour passes by]....really, really, really, really, really....[another hour]....really, really don't like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm.... did I make my point? ;)

AJ
OK so how cold was it?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
OK so how cold was it?
The icicles filed a complaint that it was so cold. It would have been taken seriously but they were shivering so much the icicles attempting to form on them just fell off.

The thermometer was sued for lying...it lost it's case because you can't have negative degrees using the Kevin scale. So it now has to add a few degrees, which we are enjoying today.

And the world grew silent as words froze in the air. As they often do in my family anyway, so I didn't notice that part. (Can you imagine me without words?)

It was cold.

AJ

shimmerfly

Sunny and warm

1668786073395.png

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@shimmerfly It would appear your getting "sun burnt and covered with mosquito bites," while "figuring out how to stomp a copperhead with flip flops," is also done in the dark. Are you sure that's better than a bit of snow?

AJ

Moho

Chef
It's cloudy right now.

That's what I was told when I turned the computer too. I use Edge now. The message on the upper-left corner said it was cloudy. There was an alternate message saying it may rain on Tuesday:
IMG01.png

Laochra

It's 60 degrees & very soggy here in north central NC. Thankfully yesterday it was almost 70 & sunny when I took my 21-month-old granddaughter to a princess birthday party. She loved dressing up in her 'yu-oh" princess dress (her favorite color!) and jumping all she wanted in the giant princess bounce house (the doc I work for was having the party for her daughter). ♥

Fiona Selah

Look! Look! Someone painted the world white! (Actually that's what my eldest son said when he first saw snow)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
A bit cooler but still nice (20s-30s), but still no snow for Central Maine. If I don't get it soon, it will be the first Christmas I've ever experienced in Maine without at least snow on the ground, if not actually snowing. Last year was the first time I ever had that with Thanksgiving, which I thought was crazy. This year is even crazier.

But ... there's still 14 days to go, so I'm sure it will come before then. :)

And Aj, yes, there are a few like me who will benefit from global warming .... temporarily. When the majority find that their homes are now unliveable, guess where they'll be moving? I for one like my rural Maine and don't want it to turn into a Portland or Bangor. Good enough for me that one is an hour's drive and the other is at least 3 hours away, lol.