• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

When are they ever discovered?

Blindsider66

After reading the posts here last night regarding which cities were considered the centers of each World map I decided to do a little browsing of my own. I scrolled past dozens of players I either know or know of. Surprisingly, I found out my two Winyandor cities were actually situated only 20 un-scouted Provinces away from each other. Two hours later I sadly came to the realization that I have far too much time on my hands and my social life sucks. If things don't turn around for me soon I might just have to get a cat.
There was one thing though that puzzled me when looking at each of these cities. They were all listed as being Undiscovered. So here is my question. What spectacular or wonderous uccurance must befall these cities for them to be finally declared discovered. Anybody?

Peace
Blindsider66

Moho

Chef
Provinces around your city must be cleared in successive order (by solving the encounters within) so that you can reach cities set up by other players. The more provinces you clear the farther the horizon of your "known" world will stretch, and the more cities you will "discover."

Blindsider66

I've been clearing out Provinces for over 4 years now and yet I can't remember one city ever being labeled as Discovered. There has to be some other explanation for this. I can't have been playing this game wrong for this long. Ouch! I might have to start beating myself up if that's the case.

Anyone else.

Sweetp

Ex-Team Member
@Blindsider66 "Discovered" refers to players you have reached on the world map, i.e. you have scouted at least one of the provinces next to their city. You can only give NH only to players you have discovered. Note that it doesn't matter if the other player has discovered you as well.

Technically players that are in the same fellowship as you also count as discovered, however for them the game uses the term "Fellow" and you don't need to have scounted any of the provinces next to them.

PS I think getting a cat would be less painful then beating yourself up ;)

Blindsider66

Thank you kindly, Sweetp. I went back and checked a couple of the cities I had long ago scouted and there it was...Discovered. I better start paying more attention to the things I'm trying to pay attention to.

Peace
Blindsider66

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I vote for the cat. I had two and loved them to death. Sadly, they died and I found it too painful to get another. Don't want to miss anything that much again if I don't have to do so. Which is a philosophical conundrum since the value of the relationship may be enough to justify the pain of at the end of the relationship AND, since they may very well out live me. Arggg... philosophy again!

AJ

Moho

Chef
i01.jpg