• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

When did I start playing?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
That may not tell you, it may only give an approximate idea, of the first date that the ES update 'saw' you, after it gathered data. I know when I started here, lol, because of the event that was running at the time.

Unfortunately, this information shouldn't be public, either, because it is one of the 'security' questions that Support may ask if a player needs a reset of their password.

You could look for your confirmation email, hon, that's always a good indicator.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Elvenstats is great, but not a very accurate source of when a city started playing though.

Elvenstats said:
Why isn't my user on elvenstats?
You have to rank in the top 75,000 on your server. You also get added if you are a member of a fellowship that is in the top 750 and you press the refresh members button on the fellowship page. One caveat here though, I don't think your score history will not be snapshotted each week until you reach the top 75000.

Being new means you're not in the top 75,000 and if you're also not in a top 750 fellowship, you didn't get auto-scraped. It wouldn't have your early records by default.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@crackie on US6 Sinya Arda there are under 30K players now. It was up to about 44K I think at one stage, but still well under 75K.

1674286425738.png

I was recorded first time at 865 points in Aug 2018, but I didn't join my first (actual and recorded) fellowship until December that year.

I am not sure how many are on US4 Khelonar where CJPheonix1911 is, but they were recorded 10th April 2022 with 809 points, but joined first recorded fellowship 25th April 2022.

I read what ElvenStats says as 1. You are recorded if in the top 75,000 (ie everyone now). 2. If you are outside the top 75,000, then you would also get recorded if you are in a top 750 fellowship. Don't have to be both, the second point is if you were outside the top 75K.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
Apart from being in top 75,000 you also need a score of at least 500 points. So the real limit is 500 points, not top 75,000!
If you are in a top 750 fs there is some partial tracking before you reach 500 points, but I think some info are still missing until you reach 500 points.

And elvenstats usually updates Sunday, so you can expect to be tracked from the first Sunday after you reached 500 points.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I read what ElvenStats says as 1. You are recorded if in the top 75,000 (ie everyone now). 2. If you are outside the top 75,000, then you would also get recorded if you are in a top 750 fellowship. Don't have to be both, the second point is if you were outside the top 75K.
Yes, that’s how I interpret it too.

We had a discussion about when did you started playing awhile back in one of the fellowships and a bunch of of people saw discrepancies in their own charts. They were able to pin start of Elvenar to a landmark event as a baseline for date but Elvenstat’s starting point was very off and started much later. We were brainstorming reasons for the discrepancy, including maybe they started before Elvenstats existed or they hadn’t joined a fellowship yet. Different people had different scenarios. Hence, I brought it up. YMMV if you use it for starting date.

And elvenstats usually updates Sunday, so you can expect to be tracked from the first Sunday after you reached 500 points.
Very good point. I have tried looking up baby cities in my neighborhood that can’t be found yet.

Lelanya

So we are back to what I said at the start: use your confirmation email, which arrived, for me, about 12 hours after I started playing.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
So we are back to what I said at the start: use your confirmation email, which arrived, for me, about 12 hours after I started playing.
I wonder how many long term players would still have it? I certainly can't throw any shade here, because I am utterly terrible about cleaning out my in-box. In fact, I actually might still have it if I wanted to search back through years of old emails. But I think most people eventually delete old emails and keep their in-box to a manageable size.

Lelanya

I wonder how many long term players would still have it? I certainly can't throw any shade here, because I am utterly terrible about cleaning out my in-box. In fact, I actually might still have it if I wanted to search back through years of old emails. But I think most people eventually delete old emails and keep their in-box to a manageable size.
ahaha! I am pretty sure that I still have mine as well. But in this case, it is useful to have, and keep, as it proves that which email we gave Inno when we signed up.