• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

When did you start to feel "old"?

DeletedUser26692

I loved all of the replies, and found many of them quite funny. I think it all comes back to perspective and your outlook on life. Thanks for the wisdom too folks.

Gath Of Baal

1) When I wake up after a nights rest and find I have new unexplained pains in weird places ( caused by sleeping )

2) When I talk to a younger person and feel that everything they are saying sounds like naïve nonsense. ( even my own grown kids )

3) When someone came over to my house and said "OMG look at all this vintage stuff, I did not know you were a collector" When I AM NOT a collector, its just my stuff ( She was talking about my VHS tapes and VHS player )

4) When I watched the Expendables 3 for the first time with my 17 year old Niece and she kept asking who everyone is and what movies did they play in, then proceeds to tell me she has never heard of that movie (this really really bothered me big time)

5) When someone tells me that they love the 1st Star Wars movie and thinks that its the Phantom Menace

6) When I go anywhere and all I can think about is hurrying up and getting done and going home.

7) When I started thinking that everyone else is driving to fast

8) When I started driving the Speed Limit and becoming that person that everyone else thinks is driving to slow

(9 When I purchased a new TV and dug out my box of spare cables and could not figure out how everything hooked up to it (because it was Blue Tooth)

10) When my 8 year old nephew came over and showed me how to get everything to work with my new TV

Each time I manage to delude myself into thinking its not me but when you put them all together it paints a different older picture :p

Last edited:

Bethanne Rainbow

When I described someone as a “John Wayne” type and I realized the young woman I was speaking to had no idea who I was talking about!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
My line of work involved opening up a telecommunications vault and a 10(?) year-old girl walking by asked what those(cables) were.
I explained that they were phone lines and she gave me a blank stare.
At first, I thought she was slow, and a sad few moments later I realized it was me.

Silver Lady

I love all the post in this thread. Les Paul was still playing chart topping hits and Queen Elizabeth II ascended to the throne the year I was born. JFK was assassinated while I was still in grade school. I remember all the versions of DOS. But somehow I still feel 25 and my grown son will always be about 12 years old to me.

Last edited:

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Great post! I love the replies so far as well. I think mostly older people will get a kick out of this thread , oh....thanks for making me realize I am old...lol.
I am ( I want to say "only") 51, but have had a few rude awakenings myself.

First time was about 10 years ago when my wife and I decided to go to a bar for a drink, we had not done this for a while. (that should have been my first hint!). So we get there, grab a drink and we sit down at a table. I am looking around and then I say to my wife, "Who is letting all these underage kids in here?!!". Then the realization hits me that they are not underage we are overage. lol.

When myself and a few long time friends recently had a conversation about "the weather"... What is up with that?!

When this old guy keeps showing up in my mirror looking back at me.

When on Friday night, playing some Elvenar and watching a show on Netflix, became a regular thing.

I had a few more, but I seem to have forgotten them... No worries though, I will remember sometime tomorrow. Hopefully.

Edit : I remember now. When I seen this saying on a shirt

OldPeopleSaying.jpg

and thought "I like that!"

Last edited:
I've felt older than my years my entire life. I recently had a conversation with a group of young adults talking about things that happened a decade ago as though it was ancient history, and I started listing all the things I'm older than. Cell phones, TV remotes. drones, Alexa, video games in their entirety, home computers, and...the internet itself.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The only time I really started feeling old was when my son found a gray hair on his head. Ironic, since I'm not even gray yet, lol. Well, at least not mostly. :p

Swiftone

You know your old when you are older than the invention of the first computer.. and know that the first game on a computer was Pong. You were born when JFK died. You lived so far out in the boonies that when your big sister seen a tv for the first time she said.. oh look they have little people on the radio... but you have an option... You can grow old... no one ever said you have to grow Up :)

Deleted User - 848945560

This is wonderful! I think I realized I was getting old when I was joking with a coworker and said "give it to Mikey, he'll try anything" and they said, "who's Mikey?"

Lille Kraake

My daughter acting shocked when I sing along with a "brand new song" that she hasn't learned the lyrics to... Because it's a cover or sample of a song from the 70's.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Some kid asked me if I didn't have an iPad when I was young because I was bad. :confused:

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I am not actually old yet but I definitely started feeling old when I saw a picture of myself a year or two ago and thought, "Gosh, all that white hair! I don't look young any more. :oops: "

Smooper

When I have a new ache everyday in some part of my body. That's when I knew I was old. I used to be a person who ran/jogged/trotted everywhere. Run from the parking lot to the store, run out to the curb to get the garbage can, run around chasing my kids. Now I never run anywhere. I just hobble.