• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

When does the fat lady sing?

Blindsider66

This FA has somehow slipped in, taken up residence inside my head, and is now living there rent free. When I close my eyes I'm bombarded with visions of numbers and combinations, guilds, wands and hats, none of which were the least bit invited. I tried limiting my participation in the adventure to a few badges, but that plan failed miserably, when I thoughtlessly typed "What can I do" onto the message board. In my own defense, it was taken out of context and meant be a statement, not a question. Maybe something along the lines of "What do you want me to do about it" might serve me better in the future, but for the time being I'm grudgingly locked in. When this Adventure is finally over and I am no longer being chased down and scolded for grabbing up donations off the trade board, or because what I cooked up doesn't look like a badge at all. When the many precious buildings I deleted, in the creation of space for this Adventure, become happy memories, and not seeking shelter from the blizzard in my brain, I am going to have a breakdown. Damn you, Adventure.

Actually, all I wanted to know is when does it end.

Peace.
Blindsider66

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'm living and breathing FA right now ... yesterday I harvested 40 lbs of tomatoes in the pouring rain because I left it too late due to the FA. Thanks to the FA, I forgot my bread rising in the oven and had three loaves sticking together making one big loaf (Still baked it and then cut it apart later ... it was delicious even if funny looking! I froze two of the "loaves" ... when the kids take them out they'll probably look at them strangely. I can hear it now ... MOOOOMM ... why is the bread funny looking?) I teleported 35 buildings and am looking forward to getting those back, too. It feels strange to have barracks trainings over in 16 minutes, lol. It feels strange to collect so little mana, too. The FA is like a pair of headphones that I can't take off, always ticking off the numbers, quotas, what badge we're on, etc. And yet ... I LOVE IT! Yes, I'm crazy ... you don't have to tell me. :p

KarlD

I'm living and breathing FA right now ... yesterday I harvested 40 lbs of tomatoes in the pouring rain because I left it too late due to the FA. Thanks to the FA, I forgot my bread rising in the oven and had three loaves sticking together making one big loaf (Still baked it and then cut it apart later ... it was delicious even if funny looking! I froze two of the "loaves" ... when the kids take them out they'll probably look at them strangely. I can hear it now ... MOOOOMM ... why is the bread funny looking?) I teleported 35 buildings and am looking forward to getting those back, too. It feels strange to have barracks trainings over in 16 minutes, lol. It feels strange to collect so little mana, too. The FA is like a pair of headphones that I can't take off, always ticking off the numbers, quotas, what badge we're on, etc. And yet ... I LOVE IT! Yes, I'm crazy ... you don't have to tell me. :p
How did your sacrifices pay off? Did you get a first or second place trophy?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
How did your sacrifices pay off? Did you get a first or second place trophy?
We wound up in 6th place. Considering we only had about 10 players really putting their hearts into the FA, I'd say we did okay. We were short 5 members that we had last time. How did you do?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
After consulting the Spreadsheet God and calculating all the variables the Fates wove us a 10th place finish, tied with our highest ever. The fates also determined I would make a mistake and cost us a higher place finish but I do have a very forgiving crew so nobody has sent me anything untoward in response. We keep getting better, and in my opinion, for what more could an AM ask? Overall it was fun and I was, as always, surprised at how great a crew I have and how good, in spite of glaring deficiencies, the make me look.

AJ

DeletedUser26692

After consulting the Spreadsheet God and calculating all the variables the Fates wove us a 10th place finish, tied with our highest ever. The fates also determined I would make a mistake and cost us a higher place finish but I do have a very forgiving crew so nobody has sent me anything untoward in response. We keep getting better, and in my opinion, for what more could an AM ask? Overall it was fun and I was, as always, surprised at how great a crew I have and how good, in spite of glaring deficiencies, the make me look.

AJ
Just out of curiosity... What was your mistake?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Just out of curiosity... What was your mistake?

In calculating the number of Necklaces we would need I divided by 5 instead of 4 and we ended up about 20% short of NE. Everything else we had and could have gone a lot further. 5th or 6th instead of 10th. But every FA we make this or that mistake and in doing so learn to not make that mistake again., In the end, in perhaps 100 years we'll do it perfectly and end up tied with all the other FA's who have been learning not to make those mistakes. LOL!

AJ