• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

When if next FA?

no, it hasn't been announced yet for live worlds. inno will most likely give only a day's notice, as per usual lately. i'm recommending to my fellowships not to participate in this one. the badge changes are terrible.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
no, it hasn't been announced yet for live worlds. inno will most likely give only a day's notice, as per usual lately. i'm recommending to my fellowships not to participate in this one. the badge changes are terrible.

actually it is more than a day's notice because i always have time to start 48 hour badges

Deleted User - 1178646

Depends from what point you look,
I like the changes because haveing a bucketload of lvl 1 buildings in your town is now much less important.

In some another of my towns where I ignored the FA, I am now able to help out my fellowship without destroying my town.

Heymrdiedier

I think the badge changes are a wonderfull thing, its less about trashing (or teleporting) your city now in order to place loads of lvl 1 buildings that are temporary. Any change that reflects that i apploud. Makes the competition part less rigged (because it was really easy before to have a big city of a player who quit, and only have lvl 1 buildings in there just for the FA)

Last edited:

LutherTheHairy

The announcement went out today. It just says "Thursday Central European Time."
Does that mean it starts at midnight, Wednesday night? (Wednesday at 7PM on the east coast of the US)

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 3.15.59 PM.png

Iyapo1

I like the changes because haveing a bucketload of lvl 1 buildings in your town is now much less important
its less about trashing (or teleporting) your city now in order to place loads of lvl 1 buildings that are temporary. Any change that reflects that i apploud. Makes the competition part less rigged (because it was really easy before to have a big city of a player who quit, and only have lvl 1 buildings in there just for the FA)
The workshop slums will still be there and elven cities will have sprawling shivering forests. The way braclets are set up pretty much ensures that.

Deleted User - 1178646

The workshop slums will still be there and elven cities will have sprawling shivering forests. The way braclets are set up pretty much ensures that.

Off course, for the top spots slumms will be there, and players can store bucketloads on CC in the off season.
That said, with only slumms you can no longer survive, you will need regular production as well, and loads of it.
All those slumm cities have been building and leveleng T1 factories like crazy past week.

Besides that point, the main thing is that now even if you are a player that can't/won't slumm, you can still participate meaningfully in an FA.
It's no longer required to destroy parts of your town.

As an extreme example:
My small town has 12 for it's level maxed out T1 factories, 7 maxed workshops and 8 libraries. It has almost no space for anyting else.
In the future I want 10 libraries and a little more factories.
I do not want more expansions (thanks tournament and spire)
This is a very active FA fellowship, in the past I was almost apolegetic as it was impossible to meaningfully participate as 7 workshops did not add anything meaningfully.
Now with my T1 production, my CC production form libraries and my 7 workshops I can actually give some real help to my fellowship without any changes to my city.
I do not need to destroy and slumm anything, I can just participate.

How cool is that?

BrinDarby

My FS is on that cusp..... we still need slums to have any shot @ 3 lvls.
Normally I'd have 15 T1, basically whatever it takes to make 2500 no boost,
and 6-7 workshops, and am getting by on 4 T2. Basically a 2500/1500 ratio
of T1/T2, which matches the cater costs of the Spire.
My city is also set up for online play, so 15min runs on workshops, and
3hr runs on resources... Its very disruptive to do anything above 3 hrs.

The new system completely is skew'd to long productions, so I'm SOL really.
Since 2 Artifacts really mean nothing, the FA seems pretty meaningless for
the absurd time outlay, with no other real prizes.....

The last FA I was able to contribute alot more than I will this time unless I
do the slumm'n it approach, thus tearing down yet again just for a FA.

Deleted User - 1178646

My FS is on that cusp..... we still need slums to have any shot @ 3 lvls.
Normally I'd have 15 T1, basically whatever it takes to make 2500 no boost,
and 6-7 workshops, and am getting by on 4 T2. Basically a 2500/1500 ratio
of T1/T2, which matches the cater costs of the Spire.
My city is also set up for online play, so 15min runs on workshops, and
3hr runs on resources... Its very disruptive to do anything above 3 hrs.

The new system completely is skew'd to long productions, so I'm SOL really.
Since 2 Artifacts really mean nothing, the FA seems pretty meaningless for
the absurd time outlay, with no other real prizes.....

The last FA I was able to contribute alot more than I will this time unless I
do the slumm'n it approach, thus tearing down yet again just for a FA.

skewed towards long productions?
please explain?

I looked up our route and we need a whopping

108 dwarves (workshop 50 * 5min)
53 Carpenter (workshop 10 * 3h)
40 Farmers (Workshop 10 * 9h)
48 Smiths (Workshop 5 * 24h)

54 Bracelet (Produce T1)
39 Necklace (T1 3 * 1day)
26 Statue (T1 2 * 2day)

51 Whitch Hat (collect 2 spells)
39 druid (collect 1 cc)
49 Guard (collect units)
81 Arcane Residue (collect 10 vapor)
79 Elemental Marbles (collect 8 relics)
72 Coin Sack (collect coins)
157 Wonder (spend 10 KP in a wonder)
104 Tiara's (use 3 spells)
103 Ghosts (3 tower or tournament figths)

So for our route we need 153 long productions. 40 of those are "overnight productions" leaving 103 "slumm productions"
thats 4 productions per player which is less than 1 "slumm" per player as there are multiple days per player to complete those 4 productions

So each of the 25 players needs to place either 5 workshops(size 2x2), 3 level 1 T1 factories or 4 level 1 T1 factories(size 2*1)
Off course you can choose a different route with less tournament / tower focus. but there are options now.

There are 3 routes, the combat route(left), that's the route above, the slumm route (middle) that askes for a bucketload of long productions, and the middle ground(right) that's somewhere in the middle between the combat and the slumm route.

Just pick the one that fits your fellowship the most.

BrinDarby

skewed towards long productions?
please explain?

Crazy,
Im online way too much, more than most so my city is set up for that.
I need constant production of tools/coins/goods/troops while I am online.
As the FS Im in is growing, we dont have 25 active members... as most
smaller FSs also have. So yes, by eliminating the 15 min & 1 hr workshop
badges, and the 3hr & 9 hr resource badges, then they are skew'd to the
longer production runs. We all know longer productions = less made.....

What Im saying is when looking at the %s, its obvious that the bulk of the
badges are for ppl that log once a day, maybee twice.... and then play for
thier 1/2 hr or so and log out.... Those ppl rely more on 24/48 hr productions
from special bldgs, and usually coordinate resource production to match that.

If they're gonna just keep 4 workshop badges, then be realistic here ... heh heh
keep the 15min , 1 hr , 9 hr , & 24 hr .... and yes 25% of each or something alot
more even like 15%, 20%, 30%, & 35% respectively.... not something thats like
5%, 10%, 35%, & 50% ..... but I get it if 70% of the players only log once a day
then matching 70% of the long run badges seems understandable.... so yes,
I am also saying for the FA, encourage more playing/online time by req'n
more of the shorter badge lengths.... Nothing wrong with asking a FS to
have all 25 members ""invest"" 2-3 hrs a day for 5 days to do well.....

I have done the spire for over 3 months straight, and that requires me to
do @least (4) 3hr runs per day in resources, I have far less armories so I
must be online if I want enough troops for tourn each week, and I darn
sure need constant ( every 15 min ) coins/tools for 2+ days to complete
the spire.... ( especially since all those bldgs ppl get 24/48 production from,
don't have any early collects )

a FA basically has 1 purpouse, give ppl 2 more artifacts from the previous event.
There's no FA theme'd prizes, no waypoint prize chests, and other than top 3-10 FSs
noone earns realistically beneficial prizes for top 20/100.... I can see why many
players/FSs skip FAs.... the changes may have helped more active FSs, but @ the
expense of smaller FSs.... in the whole ( slums need'd for all 3 levels )....

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Realistically
The long badges represent more of an investment. They take planning and prep work, both of which we, as players have favored in events.

The long badges favor players who have multiple cities. I love small cities, chapter 1 and 2. I love this server. But home turf for me, is the International server - I play 4 cities there, a mix of full, part time and casual. I have a Beta city. I have 3 cities on this server. I play city tetris, always fun at any time, when I surface from tables and spreadsheets in my support role. So yeah, I love the long badges, because I cannot afford to get pinned down for too long in any city where I am not Archmage ;)