• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

When should older Event buildings be sold, if ever?

Vigali

First time posting, so thanks in advance for any help!

I started playing back in February and have now made it to Woodelves; I've got solid mana production going already that I think I'm happy with, and I've got a good plan for what my city should look like by the end of the chapter.

End-of-chapter layout: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/e1fdf4d795f74b09b9d16196da4c4fe3/
Current city: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/fcc792faeb754cbe830305f7c0309744/

As implied by the post's title, my biggest uncertainty right now is with how long I want to keep certain event buildings around, specifically:

1) Ch.3 Stage 9 Coldfire Phoenix
2) Ch.5 Stage 10 May Tree
3) Ch.6 Air Traders Set Buildings
4) Ch.7 Stage 10 Wise Golem

The Air Traders set buildings in particular seem extremely expensive to keep as time goes on; the goods/supplies they produce aren't particularly consequential to me, so it feels like the only reason I'm keeping them is for 3 KP every 2 days -- and using 39 squares for 1.5 KP/day seems excessive. The May Tree is in a similar category, although 3 KP/day for 16 squares seems way more reasonable. I definitely plan on keeping the Wise Golem at least through this chapter (because the value is still there on the goods/supplies quantities) but he seems like he'll get sold off within a chapter or two also.

The only one I haven't mentioned is the Coldfire Phoenix. By far the least valuable in terms of how much I physically collect from it, but presumably the most valuable of them all once the feed effect is accounted for. I'm assuming this guy should stick around no matter what?

Any help would be much appreciated! Also, any advice on my city in general would be great. I feel like I'm seriously lacking in AWs?)

Jorollyn

Why wouldn't you upgrade the evolving buildings to your current level? The gains in population and culture per square more than doubles from what you currently have.
As far as the air traders set goes, I'm currently trying to figure out when to get rid of it too.

Vigali

I would love to do that! Unfortunately my fellowship is a 4-5 chest fellowship, so I just don't have the materials necessary (I think I've acquired a grand total of 19 Royal Restorations since I started playing, and I stupidly wasted 12 of them upgrading a garbage culture building when I didn't know how valuable they were).

Are there any other ways to get them that I may not know about?

NightshadeCS

Many of the buildings you are talking about have so many different elements to them that this can be difficult for folks to weigh in on and give you a definitive answer.

I would keep the Coldfire Phoenix. As you said, the feeding effect is valuable. And that event will likely come around again in the spring, at which time you can reevaluate.

I have sets from many years ago, and have just been upgrading one or two buildings in each that provide an element that I want (seeds or mana, mostly). They are far more efficient than the Air Traders' set, though.

You will find that the things you need shift and change from chapter to chapter. I don't think any of the other buildings you listed are considered so good that they are irreplaceable. I think you came to a good conclusion that the Air Traders set can probably go, especially if you have gained some better buildings from the Moon Bear event.

If you are an active member and want to get into a fellowship that gets more chests, though, I don't think you would have a problem finding a spot. Many good fellowships are looking for a reliable player.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Anything other than evolving buildings and some building sets, I tend to not keep for more than two or three chapters, because with all the events we have, you will either get a newer version of the same building or you will get a new building that gives the same stuff as your old building, only better. I also stopped using pure culture buildings and low pop/high culture buildings at about the point you are in the game. Once you start needing mana in chapter 9, and divine seeds in chapter 11, your priority shifts to buildings that provide those two resources. Having a lot of excess culture really takes a backseat to other needs.

You will probably need to get rid of the Air Traders set for the space you will need for mana-producing buildings. The three evolving buildings are good enough to keep, though you should consider upgrading the Golem from chapter 7 to chapter 9, because once you are in chapter 9, on of the tier 3 goods it is giving you will change to giving you mana instead. Plus, upping it by two chapters will more than double the pop and culture it gives you.

BrinDarby

@Vigali ,
Of those 4 you listed 3 are evolving, and I don't think they can go back to Inventory.
Your AirTraders set, if just (5) , well thats (5) teleports incase ya want them again...
Certain AT set pieces are worth an xtra upgrade, others not so much...
RR Spells, thats easy.... 300 diamonds for 10 of them... use them wisely...
BrinD

Vigali

Thanks for the feedback everyone, very helpful! I think I'll pull back Air Traders into inventory then to open up a bit more space, and see what I can do about adding another AW or two that may benefit my playstyle. Then hopefully start acquiring some more RRs to upgrade the evolving buildings!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
It all gets down to production density. What you need is to figure out if the buildings you have are currently or can be upgraded to the level of being the best production density of their type and overall. That's a mouthful, so here's an example.

You need, say 1000 mana an hour. You will need that for the next chapter. You are producing 1200 per hour so you're set for that. However, in examining your production you are averaging 60/hr from 20 mana producing buildings. The total size of those 20 buildings is 300 squares so you are producing about 4 mana per square per hour. As you play an event you see a mana producing building and it's mana production is 5 mana per square. Should you try for it? The answer is: maybe. (and you thought it would be simple). The reason it's "maybe" is because that new building might be taking a lot of room. Maybe it's a 4x5 one and that's 20 squares of a higher difficulty building to put in. The larger the building the less flexible it is. So you consider that. Then you look at what other things, like pop and culture, it adds. In any case, you might like to go for it to have it in inventory so that when you do have the room you can slip it in and remove 20 squares of other mana producing buildings. Again, the idea is production density...the higher, the better, all other things considered.

In the long run then, getting rid of older buildings is dependent on what those buildings are producing per square, if you can increase their production density (and need to do to meet some minimum you have), or if you can replace them with newer one with better productions. Each building should be considered separately. In general you will find out that building producing only one thing (usually culture) aren't as good a use of space (especially if it's culture, because if you keep our roads up as high as they can go).

That's my take on it, anyway.

AJ

Henroo

Oh Wise One
If I was you, I would consider getting rid of Coldfire Phoenix. I am not really a fan of it. It is good for early game cities that can scout provinces quickly. It is not nearly as good once you hit the later chapters and your scout times start to grow. I play 3 worlds. When the Coldfire event happened, I did not use it at all in my 2 oldest cities. I instead converted every Coldfire artifact I got there into a Phoenix artifact and evolved a Fire Phoenix instead.

I did use and evolve the Coldfire Phoenix in my youngest city, which was fairly new at the time. And because scout times were so quick in those early chapters, I got a lot of quick KPs out of it. I could easily feed Coldfire once and then scout multiple provinces before the pet food wore off. All the extra knowledge points I gained this way helped that city advance quickly. But once the city grew a few chapters, CF Phoenix was not nearly as good. I have already scrapped it in that city as well. Now I am wishing I had instead worked on a Fire Phoenix there as well. That world is now in the same chapter as the other 2 I play. But tournament performance there is not as good because the other 2 worlds have much better Fire Phoenixes.

slamher

First time posting, so thanks in advance for any help!

I started playing back in February and have now made it to Woodelves; I've got solid mana production going already that I think I'm happy with, and I've got a good plan for what my city should look like by the end of the chapter.

End-of-chapter layout: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/e1fdf4d795f74b09b9d16196da4c4fe3/
Current city: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/fcc792faeb754cbe830305f7c0309744/

As implied by the post's title, my biggest uncertainty right now is with how long I want to keep certain event buildings around, specifically:

1) Ch.3 Stage 9 Coldfire Phoenix
2) Ch.5 Stage 10 May Tree
3) Ch.6 Air Traders Set Buildings
4) Ch.7 Stage 10 Wise Golem

The Air Traders set buildings in particular seem extremely expensive to keep as time goes on; the goods/supplies they produce aren't particularly consequential to me, so it feels like the only reason I'm keeping them is for 3 KP every 2 days -- and using 39 squares for 1.5 KP/day seems excessive. The May Tree is in a similar category, although 3 KP/day for 16 squares seems way more reasonable. I definitely plan on keeping the Wise Golem at least through this chapter (because the value is still there on the goods/supplies quantities) but he seems like he'll get sold off within a chapter or two also.

The only one I haven't mentioned is the Coldfire Phoenix. By far the least valuable in terms of how much I physically collect from it, but presumably the most valuable of them all once the feed effect is accounted for. I'm assuming this guy should stick around no matter what?

Any help would be much appreciated! Also, any advice on my city in general would be great. I feel like I'm seriously lacking in AWs?)
I did not place the Coldfire Phoenix ... only one in that series was the Fire Chicken ... don't go into battle w/o it. Air Traders is worthless (I am in chap 16, human, Elvenar. I live for tournies. Fire Chicken Brown Bear absolute necessities

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Just want to say, Vigali, you're doing awesomely! I thought I was progressing nicely, but you beat me. I'm in S and D and I've been playing since Oct 13 of last year. Congrats on great progress!