• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

When Will The Next FA begin?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
They never let us know for sure. But if the space between the end of the event and the start of the FA on Beta is any indication, it should be somewhere around Jun 8. That's only a guess!

Silmaril

Community Manager
It was added to the archive thread rather than questions and help, it has just been moved to the correct thread :)

Silmaril

Community Manager
Hey @Pheryll unfortunately the only way would be to lock all archived threads, which is not exactly ideal as some can at times resurrect.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I honestly don't think the Archives are for the players. It makes it easier for the Elvenar Team. :rolleyes:
Do they though? The Elvenar Team didn’t miss them for the many years before they were created. Now threads are blinking in and out of existence or moving all over the place with no good explanation or resolution, which is a lovely new feature and not at all frustrating.

Take this example: This poor OP prob couldn’t find his original post to read the answer because another new active thread got archived prematurely for no reason and then he started a second thread with same question to get answers. And even though someone took the time to change the thread status to “Not a bug”, which signifies a staff read that thread (only 3 posts long btw), nobody wants to address why his original post is showing up in archives, bothered to move it out of archives, or seemingly prevent future posts from appearing in archives. It’s not the first incident, as this thread also points out. So is the new policy that we have to manually report/request every single mis-archived active thread ourselves since nobody bothers to check the archives they’ve newly created for us despite knowing this is a constant problem? It’s more work for people trying to get answers, more work for people trying to help provide answers, and more work for the Elvenar team. So what solutions did the introduction of all these archives resolve exactly at the cost of all the new problems it created?

There are far more lurkers on the forum than active posters. It’s effective as a central location to address common issues that affects all players. A proactive player who finds the solution here can relay the news back to potentially 24 more players in their FS, and that’s potentially scores of tickets that never need to be written to burden the voluntary support team with. A working forum not in dysfunction serves everyone’s interest. It feels like they decided to renovate the place but put in old orange shag carpeting. Um, sure…okay, I guess. An improvement? Not really. Unless, given the latest press release, we are just witnessing people moving deck chairs on the Titanic.

FairyInBellbottoms

Shroom Aficionado
Do they though? The Elvenar Team didn’t miss them for the many years before they were created. Now threads are blinking in and out of existence or moving all over the place with no good explanation or resolution, which is a lovely new feature and not at all frustrating.

Take this example: This poor OP prob couldn’t find his original post to read the answer because another new active thread got archived prematurely for no reason and then he started a second thread with same question to get answers. And even though someone took the time to change the thread status to “Not a bug”, which signifies a staff read that thread (only 3 posts long btw), nobody wants to address why his original post is showing up in archives, bothered to move it out of archives, or seemingly prevent future posts from appearing in archives. It’s not the first incident, as this thread also points out. So is the new policy that we have to manually report/request every single mis-archived active thread ourselves since nobody bothers to check the archives they’ve newly created for us despite knowing this is a constant problem? It’s more work for people trying to get answers, more work for people trying to help provide answers, and more work for the Elvenar team. So what solutions did the introduction of all these archives resolve exactly at the cost of all the new problems it created?

There are far more lurkers on the forum than active posters. It’s effective as a central location to address common issues that affects all players. A proactive player who finds the solution here can relay the news back to potentially 24 more players in their FS, and that’s potentially scores of tickets that never need to be written to burden the voluntary support team with. A working forum not in dysfunction serves everyone’s interest. It feels like they decided to renovate the place but put in old orange shag carpeting. Um, sure…okay, I guess. An improvement? Not really. Unless, given the latest press release, we are just witnessing people moving deck chairs on the Titanic.
Ok, now I'm even more confused! haha

getmomo

I'm all for getting rid of the archives, but it isn't my sandbox so I have to play by their rules.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'm all for getting rid of the archives, but it isn't my sandbox so I have to play by their rules.
There's a lot of good info in the archives, and since they randomly archive things that shouldn't be archived, I wouldn't want to see it all disappear.

Sprite1313

There's a lot of good info in the archives, and since they randomly archive things that shouldn't be archived, I wouldn't want to see it all disappear.
I don’t think anybody is advocating removing the posts/threads that are in archives. I think many of us would like to see the archive mechanic go away, and bring all of those threads back into their previous locations. Just have the pages of threads, like it was.

I’m not opposed to archiving, but archiving by year doesn’t make sense in this forum, IMO. When I am looking for information, it is generally by topic, not by year. So, if I want to know about the event that gave us the Fire Phoenix (and I don’t check @Lelanya’s exhaustive list of previous events in the Scrolls), then I would look in an archive for “events” or “evolving buildings”, but I would never think to look in “2019”.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Lol thanks @Sprite1313
I am already worried about running out of space because the pace of events has picked up again. As it is, someone asked me to add in the Grand Prize, Pet or Evolving Building as well, but the first post is full. I would have to restructure again.