• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

When you have too much KP; bank it.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
It sure would be nice if there was a bank I could deposit my KP for later use. Especially, when I win KP during events and my queue runs up to 48 KP and all research is blocked. I know I could put in into an AW, one KP at a time, yawn, but I like having some available when I need it.

The idea is that you aren not hoarding it but spending it, either on research or on wonders. if thats your wonder or someone elsees.

Lets take your example, we are at the brink of a new chapter, if I was able to "store them away" I could once it got to beta stored KP for 2 weeks now thats in my case over 2000kp,
They do not want you to complete a chapter in 5 minutes because you pre stocked all the KP.

T6583

You can deposit the KP into an AW with just one click. All of it. At once. AW's are an awesome place to spend KP and some of them are extremely benefitial. I don't understand the need to hang on to KP. Though others are allowed to have a diiferent viewpoint. I wish that I understood the importance of AW's alot earlier than I did as I think I could have really benefited from it. My 2nd city is benefiting alot more already and I was even late to the game there with AW's. Part of me has been considering starting either a Beta City or a US8 City to apply all of the Knowledge I've learned over the years just to see how it does. I'm just not sure I want to take on the commitment of another city at the moment.

Deleted User - 3932582

Lets take your example, we are at the brink of a new chapter, if I was able to "store them away" I could once it got to beta stored KP for 2 weeks now thats in my case over 2000kp,
They do not want you to complete a chapter in 5 minutes because you pre stocked all the KP.
Funny enough, in your specific case you can do just that. With stocked KPs the only thing you're losing is daily slow accumulation, which is 168KP a week if you're diligent. The rest is not impacted, and if you produce much more than that in a week you may just sit on that pile of KPs till the new chapter hits. And then you'll only be slowed down by goods production (which can be sped up by other means).

neeronie

Well, you can always hoard KP instants. The best use of KP is in KP swap threads. That way you often get bonus KP instants when a f
It sure would be nice if there was a bank I could deposit my KP for later use. Especially, when I win KP during events and my queue runs up to 48 KP and all research is blocked. I know I could put in into an AW, one KP at a time, yawn, but I like having some available when I need it.
It is coins that I should bank, actually in both worlds it would be nice to have more coins than I need. Anyway, I have more coins than I can use. Sometime KP when I am blocked, it would be lovely to bank a few KP too, but with KP swap that is not as big a problem as coins. I have bought so much KP using coins the trader is getting rich off of me. Well, whether coins or KP. it would be a small comfort to store so away. Maybe it would be nice to be able to convert them to a coin instants for the times the opposite situations comes around and I am desperate for coins.

LisaMV

Maybe it would be nice to be able to convert them to a coin instants for the times the opposite situations comes around and I am desperate for coins.

!!! :D wow - this is a brilliant idea = like a bank that charges interest for a loan, you could exchange coin for coin instants, but paying a bunch in the process, ie, a high interest rate. I myself spent 2 days waiting for workers to upgrade my MH and bought a ridiculous amount of KP's and goods because I kept topping out. (It didn't help that lazy advanced neighbors kept donating to MH though I specifially said NO. argh) For example: 7% for 5%, 12% for 10% etc. I know this was an afterthought of yours, but really - such a fun idea!

Alpha Lyrae

To me, this is like people who wish they could rotate buildings -- a basic, strategic part of the game that will never change. You're already given the ability to increase the "stored" KP to 20 with an enchantment. I doubt they'll change this.

neeronie

Ah, Alpha, thanks for reminding me rotate buildings, love it. I was thinking just last week that it would be lovely to be able to rotate the city and see what was hiding behind some of the taller buildings but I just went to ElvenStats like I always do. The coins thing though, I still like the idea of being able to stash them somewhere instead of having to go to that greedy trader or buy KP in either case all I have to do is visit a couple neighbors and I have to rinse and repeat, trader and buy some KP. Shivers run up and down my spine at the thought of getting a quest that demands "trade with the trader" in the next event.

neeronie

You can deposit the KP into an AW with just one click. All of it. At once. AW's are an awesome place to spend KP and some of them are extremely benefitial. I don't understand the need to hang on to KP. Though others are allowed to have a diiferent viewpoint. I wish that I understood the importance of AW's alot earlier than I did as I think I could have really benefited from it. My 2nd city is benefiting alot more already and I was even late to the game there with AW's. Part of me has been considering starting either a Beta City or a US8 City to apply all of the Knowledge I've learned over the years just to see how it does. I'm just not sure I want to take on the commitment of another city at the moment.
You are so right to mention Ancient Wonders and that is exactly where the KP goes but not into mine. Rather than mine I put it into a Fellowship members AW using a Swap thread. There, depending on the thread, I can either dump it all or one at a time or I need to do it one at a time until the correct number is reached. During the event, I won a lot of beautiful KP which put my KP queue at 52 and I dropped them one at a time into two different Ancient Wonders. If I could have deposited them in a "bank"or the bank equivalent inventory, I could then take out an instant of the correct amount.

neeronie

Funny enough, in your specific case you can do just that. With stocked KPs the only thing you're losing is daily slow accumulation, which is 168KP a week if you're diligent.
You both are right of course, the Inno mind does not want us to finish a chapter quickly, in my case it is not KP that I am lacking; it is the goods requirement that has me blocked both in Chapter 15 and way back in Orcs where the problem is more because I am not building enough mushroom buildings to save space for the upcoming FA. Yes, that, the FA, also has the affect of slowing a player done. These Inno people are very adapt at that so in these cases, it does not matter how much KP I can store away. CrazyWizard was able to collect 2000kp; that is amazing and if that is the case, for sure that could not be allow by Inno.

For me it is a matter of "waste not want not" of a few KP by comparison to 2000. This "bank" idea came to me during the Event after winning KP that over loaded my queue while being blocked. Daily accumulation is one thing but winning a lot of KP is another matter. I don't see that "banking" it and later taking it out as instants would aid me very much in zipping though the Chapters. Come to think of it; it would never help since instants cannot be used in research. All in all, I just like the thought of being able to use the KP when I want to use it and not have to use it to get rid of it from my queue. Come on friends, what is wrong with that?