• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Where did these Orc Warriors come from?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
In my youngest city, I just noticed a small amount of Orc Warriors in my army camp. Less than a squad. But there should not be any. That city is currently in the early stages of the Orcs chapter, but has not unlocked Orc Warriors in the tech tree. And there is not a single building in the city which is capable of making Orc Warriors. So I am a bit puzzled where they might have come from. Anybody have any ideas?

Pheryll

Set Designer
In my youngest city, I just noticed a small amount of Orc Warriors in my army camp. Less than a squad. But there should not be any. That city is currently in the early stages of the Orcs chapter, but has not unlocked Orc Warriors in the tech tree. And there is not a single building in the city which is capable of making Orc Warriors. So I am a bit puzzled where they might have come from. Anybody have any ideas?

I wouldn't be surprised if they made orc warriors a quest reward in the orc chapter. Otherwise, you would have likely received them from the brown bear.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I wouldn't be surprised if they made orc warriors a quest reward in the orc chapter. Otherwise, you would have likely received them from the brown bear.
My Brown Bear is brand new. I only have it to stage 2 so far. Am waiting on the transformation option to pop up in the Academy so I can transform more artifacts. Brown Bear should only be making Varorian Guards at its current level. Unless there is a bug...

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Looked at the list in eGems and no orcs are given for chapter quests in orcs and goblins. So there's the Orc Nest. Maybe one of of those?
Looked through all the quest lines up to Orcs. No orcs given as rewards anywhere that I can find.

AJ

Fayeanne

Interesting. I just now noticed that my city that is in Fairies chapter (so not even to Orcs yet) has 123 Orc Warriors in its Army Camp. Not squads--123 units. (Totals less than a squad.) I...honestly am not sure where I picked them up. I don't have an event building or anything that would produce them that I know of. I'm guessing they must have been a quest reward (maybe one of the special event quests?) but...I really don't remember!

Update: My city in Chapter V has 84 Orc Warriors! They spontaneously generate, definitely. Apparently I need to tell my street cleaners to work harder...

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Interesting. I just now noticed that my city that is in Fairies chapter (so not even to Orcs yet) has 123 Orc Warriors in its Army Camp. Not squads--123 units. (Totals less than a squad.) I...honestly am not sure where I picked them up. I don't have an event building or anything that would produce them that I know of. I'm guessing they must have been a quest reward (maybe one of the special event quests?) but...I really don't remember!

Update: My city in Chapter V has 84 Orc Warriors! They spontaneously generate, definitely. Apparently I need to tell my street cleaners to work harder...
Have you placed a Brown Bear in the current event? Since I made the original post, I have noticed Orc Warriors appearing in my other 2 cities as well. And the only difference in all of my cities is that I have recently placed Brown Bears in all of them. The BB should not produce Orc Warriors till it is highly evolved. It might be bugged...

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
The BB should not produce Orc Warriors till it is highly evolved.
According to Elven Architect and Elven Gems, it produces Orc Warriors at stage 1 for all chapters.
Architect - Brown Bear
There's an evolution drop down to change the stage so you can see how many you should be getting at your stage and chapter level
Gems - Brown Bear
You have to scroll to near the bottom of the page for Gems

Henroo

Oh Wise One
According to Elven Architect and Elven Gems, it produces Orc Warriors at stage 1 for all chapters.
Architect - Brown Bear
There's an evolution drop down to change the stage so you can see how many you should be getting at your stage and chapter level
Gems - Brown Bear
The Elven Architect site does indeed show that it should make Orc Warriors at stage 1. But it also shows that the Brown Bear should make Faineat Frogs at stage 1. And those did NOT appear in my city. I think EA has bad info. I clicked on your Elvengems link and from what I saw it shows that the Brown Bear should not make Orc Warriors till stage 7. Which is what the in-game description of Brown Bear says.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Architect - Brown Bear
Gems - Brown Bear

You do not get orc warriors from the brown bear unless it is at least stage 7. And you get Strategists at stage 9.

Iyapo1

I am sorry but I have to ask. Since the brown bear can be upgraded using RR...doesnt it provide different things in different chapters?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
You do not get orc warriors from the brown bear unless it is at least stage 7. And you get Strategists at stage 9.
Correct. When I started this thread my Brown Bear was stage 2. I started noticing Orc Warriors right after placing it. They should not have been there. But they were. Therefore I suspect Brown Bear is bugged and is providing troops it should not be.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Sorry for the bad info. I've had my brown bear at Stage 10 in both cities since I placed it a year ago, so had no other way to check on lower stages (and not sure where I left my brain before I went to the Gems site since I went back and it's perfectly clear there, lol!)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Correct. When I started this thread my Brown Bear was stage 2. I started noticing Orc Warriors right after placing it. They should not have been there. But they were. Therefore I suspect Brown Bear is bugged and is providing troops it should not be.

But are you getting them every time you collect or did it happen only once? In my chapter 6 city on Beta, at about the same time I put out a Brown Bear, I got some odd orc warriors in my troop inventory, but it happened only once and I cannot remember if they showed up before or after the first time I collected from the bear.