• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Where did these Orc Warriors come from?

Fayeanne

Have you placed a Brown Bear in the current event?
I have! But they are only stage 1 so far. (I just evolved one to stage 2 but I haven't collected from it since then.) I'm waiting for the collection times to roll around for them again. Then next time I collect I will do a before-and-after on my Orc Warrior count and verify whether it's actually giving Orc Warriors when it shouldn't be. (I also have one unplaced bear in another city that I could place and see if it gives Orc Warriors only when placed, for some reason...)

Fayeanne

Verified. Stage 1 and Stage 2 (at the very least) Brown Bears give Orc Warriors. Neither one shows this. The building display (when you click on it and open up the info) shows only Vallorian Guards, and when you collect from the building, you only see the little Vallorian Guard heads floating upward. The evolution preview (you can open this on the "Evolve" tab) also does not show any additional production for these stages. But you do receive the Orc Warriors anyway.

One sample city:
- Brown Bear Chapter V Stage 2
- Vallorian Guard units per squad: 54
- Vallorian Guards obtained per collection from bear: 22
- Orc Warrior units per squad: 161
- Orc Warriors obtained per collection from bear: 84

Update: They give Orc Strategists too! I almost didn't notice, since I do have two Grounds of the Orc Strategist buildings, but as I write this, I have not collected from them today. (They are still sitting there with their collections pending.) When I took the before/after screen shots, I had 81.8 squads of Orc Strategists before, and 82.3 after. I didn't even think to look at the flyovers to view the specific numbers of units overall, but there are 161 in a squad, so probably I received 84 of those as well. (I'll try to record it next time.)

I am not seeing any signs that they give any other units though. Notably, they do not give Frogs.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
My stage 1, Woodelves brown bear produces Valorian Guards every 48 hours. Never got orc warriors from it. I'm probably going to be evolving it soon with these new artifacts plus the four I already had. I'm trying to figure out if I want this one or polar or panda to upgrade.

Edit: after seeing your post Fayeanne, I'm going to start checking whether I'm getting VG or OWs.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Edit: after seeing your post Fayeanne, I'm going to start checking whether I'm getting VG or OWs.

Just reminding people, the floating text over a building when you collect coincides with what the building says is able to be collected, and this may not be what is actually collected. The floating text under the drop downs for resources at the top of the screen coincides with what is actually collected. Unfortunately, troops are not one of the listed resources, so you will manually have to do a before and after capture of values.

Fayeanne

As a clarification, I did also receive the expected Vallorian Guards. (I obtained 22 exactly as advertised by the bear's info window.) The unexpected thing was I also received Orc Warriors and Orc Strategists in addition. I was given all three with one collection.

Rp44

I have a stage 5 Brown bear I just crafted & put down during this event (on another account) & it is not giving me orc warriors. I wish it did! :) That was my only city without a brown bear until now & I look for them occasionally in low level tourney rounds before remembering they don't exist. :p

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
As a clarification, I did also receive the expected Vallorian Guards. (I obtained 22 exactly as advertised by the bear's info window.) The unexpected thing was I also received Orc Warriors and Orc Strategists in addition. I was given all three with one collection.
Thanks for clarifying.

Guurt The Destroyer

I know this is an old thread. But I mysteriously got 45 Orc Warriors today. It was the first time I ever collected from my new Brown Bear. I am not positive that is where the Orc Warriors came from. But I didn't have the Orc Warriors yesterday, and now I do. It was a blank spot before. I haven't unlocked the Orc Warriors and I have never used a Unit Instant. A few hours ago I collected from my Brown Bear for the 1st time and now I suddenly noticed some Orc Warriors. Odd.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I know this is an old thread. But I mysteriously got 45 Orc Warriors today. It was the first time I ever collected from my new Brown Bear. I am not positive that is where the Orc Warriors came from. But I didn't have the Orc Warriors yesterday, and now I do. It was a blank spot before. I haven't unlocked the Orc Warriors and I have never used a Unit Instant. A few hours ago I collected from my Brown Bear for the 1st time and now I suddenly noticed some Orc Warriors. Odd.
Lol
You got them from the Bear. Cool huh?

Huor

I was wonder what was going on. I created a brown bear from the MA and after my first pickup today I have orc warriors. I'm a chapter 5 human city. I do use a Vallorian Valor to make guards (I like to have all the tools available) so it would be nice if a stage 1 bear has been changed to create warriors.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I was wonder what was going on. I created a brown bear from the MA and after my first pickup today I have orc warriors. I'm a chapter 5 human city. I do use a Vallorian Valor to make guards (I like to have all the tools available) so it would be nice if a stage 1 bear has been changed to create warriors.

It gives Valloreans at level 1, and then starts giving Frogs at level 4, Orc Warriors at level 7, and Orc Strategists at level 9.

Several people have seemed to have that little bug where the first time they collect from a low level Brown Bear, that they get some Orc Warriors. But I have not seen anyone say they keep getting them, so it seems to be a one-time collection bug.

getmomo

It gives Valloreans at level 1, and then starts giving Frogs at level 4, Orc Warriors at level 7, and Orc Strategists at level 9.

Several people have seemed to have that little bug where the first time they collect from a low level Brown Bear, that they get some Orc Warriors. But I have not seen anyone say they keep getting them, so it seems to be a one-time collection bug.

I have collected 3 times with my level 1 brown bear and have gotten valloreans and orc warriors each time. If it's a bug then it's my type of bug!

MagicPagan

Correct. When I started this thread my Brown Bear was stage 2. I started noticing Orc Warriors right after placing it. They should not have been there. But they were. Therefore I suspect Brown Bear is bugged and is providing troops it should not be.
Well, I'm officially jealous. I am only getting Vallorian Guards.

Fayeanne

It's not first collection; it has to do with the stage of the building. If the first thing you do when you plop down the building is evolve it, you likely won't get Orc Warriors. Unless the developers have fixed it (and it sounds like they haven't) Brown Bears (incorrectly) give Orc Warriors up until Stage 4, when they start giving Frogs. Notice that you don't see that they are giving you Orc Warriors; the units just show up in the army camp.

StarLoad

ok I have a level 1 Bear and its in Elementals, so I logged in and the Bear showed 168 VG waiting to collect, I checked my numbers I have 908,187 VG and 68,843 Ocr Warriors. The only thing I did was click the Bear and poof I have now 908,355 VG with an increase of 168 Guards but my OW went up to 69,573 or an increase of 730 OW.

Guurt The Destroyer

It's not first collection; it has to do with the stage of the building. If the first thing you do when you plop down the building is evolve it, you likely won't get Orc Warriors. Unless the developers have fixed it (and it sounds like they haven't) Brown Bears (incorrectly) give Orc Warriors up until Stage 4, when they start giving Frogs. Notice that you don't see that they are giving you Orc Warriors; the units just show up in the army camp.

This is absolutely how it does in fact work in my personal experience.

My Brown Bear gave Orc Warriors every single time I collected. This stopped when I leveled the Brown Bear to giving Frogs. I only collected Orc Warriors 3 times, but I believe I could have collected Orc Warriors forever if I was content to keep the Brown Bear at level 1. Obviously, Frogs are better for me than Orc Warriors so I wasted no time upgrading.

Player9999

Why are so many posters here not bothering to list specific Chapter and Level when discussing a Brown Bear (or any other building with such evolutions)?

In such contexts, it also helps to distinguish if one is having questions about a building performing exactly as designed in a city not optimized for priority functions, versus if there's a malfunction relative to building spec's (and then, if Support was contacted?).

The Brown Bear at L9 or L10 makes all 4 lower right troop types. Due to productions and not just a fed enhancement, it's one reward worth use of RR's every Chapter advance. The full tables (noting top left level pulldown) are found here, an important index for details beyond in game or Gems tables:

EA Brown Bear tables

This is also a case of some game design traits following one to three year cycles of rewards or updates, versus some players sometimes expecting games to cater towards impatience.

Last edited by a moderator:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
In my opinion it's best to keep this quiet. Very quiet. I've never benefited from the bug, but let's not take something away from those who have or might by reporting it. All of which proves that sometimes a bug is a good thing. ;)

AJ