• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Where to get info on having more than one city

Ggal

I recently joined a fellowship and due to tournaments, am running into trouble with trading. The advice in the game is to focus on making my boosted goods (marble, crystals, and potions) to trade for what you want (tier 2 or 3 goods). But, when I go to the trader, pretty much everybody wants to trade the same boosted goods. A couple of weeks go by without me being able to trade. My FS helps out some. I am running out of space in my city and finishing up Chap 8. It is hard at this stage to ignore the game's advice because if I want to start increasing the number of manufactures, I have limited grid mass.

I have heard you can have more than one city but can't find where to get more information. I'm in an elven city and thought to try adding a human one. If I create another city with different boosted goods, could I trade with myself as well as others? Also, I have 17 gold mines on my map so I'm not getting neighborly help from them for ensorcelled endowment (and at least a third of the provinces are either recently switched, only have main halls, or non active for over a month or more).

I would appreciate what info you can give me.
Ggal

defiantoneks

my first thought is: your FS needs to step up more, or you need to find one willing to help more

as to playing a second city: my guess (!) is that if you want to play in the same world you would need a totally different login/account.
even so, just because you start a new city does not mean you will discover yourself anytime soon to be able to trade. you could be 100 provinces away from your other city and not be able to trade for years.

i would suggest starting your Human city in another world and just let it develop. It may be that you have more luck there and advance that city faster.

you can also focus on getting event buildings or crafted buildings to supplement your non-boosted goods.

just keep plugging along, and scouting (but not overscouting into hard/very hard provinces). you will get there!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Ggal You are allowed to have 1 city in each Elvenar world per account. So you could form a human city under your current player name in any of the other 7 worlds if you want to try a human city. But you can't start a 2nd city in your current world under the same account.

If you want to have another city in your current world, you would have to make a 2nd account entirely. Still several potential issues to trading with yourself: 1. It is random what boost the new city would get. You might end up with some of the same boosts as your currenty city. 2. The cities will not be able to trade with each other unless they are either nearby on the map or unless they are both in the same fellowship. 3. Elvenstats says your current city is ch 8. It would take months to develop a new city to the point it would be a meaningful trade partner for a ch 8 city.

It looks like there a number of high chapter players in your current fellowship. I can't see why you are having so much trouble getting trades accepted there. Have you told the fellowship about your trading difficulties? Maybe they could help you more if they are aware of the situation.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
But, when I go to the trader, pretty much everybody wants to trade the same boosted goods.
Are you listing your own trades though or just window shopping existing listings? Even if you see people listing your combo, post them anyway. There are very large cities with very large scouted regions that usually go through their trader and sweep trades if you list 2* trades for same tier.

If you want to start a new city in a new world using existing credentials, click the gear in the bottom right and the click log out. That takes you to the world window where you can chose to start a new world.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
But, when I go to the trader, pretty much everybody wants to trade the same boosted goods. A couple of weeks go by without me being able to trade.
Ggal
Keep in mine that the trades you see in the trader are the ones that have not been taken yet. The fact you do not see some goods offered can indicate that those trades ARE being taken and that those goods are actually in demand. Have you tried being more active about posting trades? Do not wait for the perfect trade to appear in the trader. Post your own.

Zoof

I recently joined a fellowship and due to tournaments, am running into trouble with trading. The advice in the game is to focus on making my boosted goods (marble, crystals, and potions) to trade for what you want (tier 2 or 3 goods). But, when I go to the trader, pretty much everybody wants to trade the same boosted goods. A couple of weeks go by without me being able to trade. My FS helps out some. I am running out of space in my city and finishing up Chap 8. It is hard at this stage to ignore the game's advice because if I want to start increasing the number of manufactures, I have limited grid mass.

I have heard you can have more than one city but can't find where to get more information. I'm in an elven city and thought to try adding a human one. If I create another city with different boosted goods, could I trade with myself as well as others? Also, I have 17 gold mines on my map so I'm not getting neighborly help from them for ensorcelled endowment (and at least a third of the provinces are either recently switched, only have main halls, or non active for over a month or more).

I would appreciate what info you can give me.
Ggal
1. Are you posting your own trades? In the case of smaller cities, the "Accept Offers" tab can be safely and completely ignored. Pretend that it doesn't exist*. Rely completely on placing your own trades and checking either your notifications or the "Your Offers" tab to keep track of which of your trades have been accepted. Almost all of my trades in all three of my cities go pretty fast either to my own fellowship or to my neighbors. Since all my trades are either 2 or 3-star same-tier or cross-tier**, very rarely do they sit longer than overnight even at quantities of 100K apiece. If you can verify that your trade situation isn't as dead as things appear, slimming down and going whole-hog on boosted-only manufactories can help you out immensely. Don't actually discard those manufactories, though! Teleport them to storage; you'll need them again in a future chapter for sentient/ascended goods production.

2. Inno discourages having more than one city on the same game world as detailed in the Terms of Service section 5, subsection 4. You can have more than one city, just not on the same game world. You can try filing a support ticket to get your city moved to a more advantageous location on the world map but it's not known to actually do anything except make the ever-growing pile of similar support tickets be questionably less ignorable to the developers.

* If you have to acknowledge its existence, then treat it as a curiosity and nothing more. If you can find some sweet 3-star deals, that's fine. But don't actually rely on it for actually being supplied with the goods you need.

** There's far too many arguments on the topic of cross-tier trading. I've found that trading up from T1 and T2 to T2 and T3 seems to work better than in reverse. You may have to make them 3-star trades to get people to bite, though.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I recently created two accounts in the same world, but I am extremely careful not to help one or the other with trading, diamonds, or anything like that. Interacting with your other IDs when you are trying to help one more than the other is strictly prohibited. I learned from Helya that it was okay to have two accounts in the same world and even the same fellowship, but it was a strict no no to have one seem to be helping the other. I'm so careful that when I need goods in one, I ask someone else to help me out, rather than let my other ID do it. That may be overkill, especially for small trades that clearly would not help my larger ID, but better to be on the safe side rather than risk something questionable and get banned.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
your FS needs to step up more, or you need to find one willing to help more

Have you told the fellowship about your trading difficulties? Maybe they could help you more if they are aware of the situation.

join a new fellowship.

Are you listing your own trades though or just window shopping existing listings?

Have you tried being more active about posting trades?

Are you posting your own trades?

I had suggestions/advice, but I think it's been covered :)

Ggal

Thanks, all! Lots of food for thought. I will run with your suggestions and keep at it. (Chap 8 is really getting me down with the seeming impossibility to produce enough loot and mushrooms without using diamonds. Can't wait to get to the Wood Elves!)

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I have one more thought. I just want to underline something that was already said, in case you missed it. Post 2 star, same tier trades. I would bet, that the trades that are hanging around, are cross tier trades, or 1 star. Also, don't post 20 trades for 1000, post one trade for 20,000. This gets you what you need faster, and makes it much more likely that a high end trader will assist you.

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
@Ggal
From an outside point of view, I took a look at your city. I can see your frustrations.
Part of your issue and possibly the main reason your trades are not being taken from your FS is because alot of you have the same thing. The balance is a bit off
You have 23 members . Out of those members including yourself , listed below are what they are boosted with

14 of those have Elixir
9 have Marble
9 have Crystal
6 Dust
10 Steel
9 Scrolls
4 Gem
5 Silk
3 Plank

Your boosts are Elixir, Marble ,Crystal . As you can see by the numbers, many in your FS have the same thing , therefore needing the same things as you are needing.
You do have options. You can build extra buildings to cover your needs which is not wise at all. You can purchase from the wholesaler which gets costly .You can express your concerns to your Archmage to see if they are willing to help you. And lastly, you can find a FS that's bit more balanced with players that will help your growth. I recall years ago being in your position and it does take the fun out of the game. Try not to let that happen .
We are all here to help you get the most out of the game, I truly hope that happens

Silver Lady

Chap 8 is really getting me down with the seeming impossibility to produce enough loot and mushrooms without using diamonds
Aside from your trading issue: I got really tired of chapter 8 also (hated the buildings and everything seemed slooooow). To speed up getting through the chapter I used Portal Profit instances (PP) and was able to finish the chapter the same week that I got my portal to
level 4. That was a happy day.

Zoof

Thanks, all! Lots of food for thought. I will run with your suggestions and keep at it. (Chap 8 is really getting me down with the seeming impossibility to produce enough loot and mushrooms without using diamonds. Can't wait to get to the Wood Elves!)
Chapter 8 is really the chapter where the idea of being tech locked for long periods of time is hammered home. You will simply have to get used to dumping excess KP into Ancient Wonders*. That being said, you might want to gather up a stockpile of orcs (Discovered Resources) before crossing over into chapter 9, since once you do so, negotiations in Spire and Tournament are going to start wanting orcs. And if you're found wanting, there's no remotely on-demand way to gain orcs, forcing you to either give up or fight it out**.

* If your fellowship has a form of KP swap or exchange, it may help. I'm (recently) convinced that's what those threads are for.
** Or fight it out then give up if you run out of troops. wrt the goods, the same thing, to some degree, is gonna happen in chapter 9 with mana, and something else with most of the chapters at and past 11. At least with mana, Dragon Abbey makes things easier. Not sure with Divine Seeds at ch 11->12, but I hear frequent complaints about there not being enough.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
@Ggal

I have a city in every world. If you are having difficulty in your city with trades and decide to shift fellowships... Give me a shout. I don't have you on my 'discovered' lists.

I understand the trading frustration but I have to confirm and support what everyone has told you. POST YOUR OWN TRADES and TRADE< TRADE TRADE TRADE TRADE and TRADE.

Also, patience grasshopper. A piece of very frustrating advice I have taken even though it makes me cringe in a lot of ways is this.... PARK IT. I have parked two of my cities so that I can start really building up my resources. I post PAGES of trades much to the frustration and disgust of some other players. I only put-up a cross tier if I am totally and unequivocally desperate and cannot wait to have what I need to post a tier for tier.

Myne

Oh Wise One
You don't state what world you are playing in, but there are so many good archmages playing around here on the forum, if you post your desire for a new fellowship in the proper thread, you may get whiplash from all the offers!
What @Lelanya said about tier trading is absolute truth.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm sure it's been said several times @Ggal but if you haven't paid attention, your non-boosted factories are killing you, and the lack of planks in you fellowship is killing the fellowship. A boosted manufactory makes more than five times as much for the same space and effort. If you got rid of your non boosted and replaced about a quarter of them with boosted, you could offer trades of 2 for 1 and still be ahead of where you are now.