• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Where to post when looking for fellowship?

• Thread starter DeletedUser29287
  • Start date

DeletedUser29287

I am wondering where is the right group to post looking for a fellowship in? I post looking for a fellowship in the world's group on the thread and get a reply from someone asking me which world I'm looking for a fellowship in because they have a fellowship in another world.

So where is the correct place to put up a notice that one is looking for a fellowship?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Each server has a forum for itself and in that, there is a "Members seeking forums" thread. Go down the list of forums and find your server, pick the "members seeking forums" thread and enter your message there.

AJ

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@PrincessSnowy
You're doing it right. Some posters use the 'show new posts' feature in the forums. That doesn't show the world on the list of postings. If they'd look up top when they got into the thread, they could see which world you're posting in.

Absolutely right, but then you have to open every message about somebody looking for a fellowship. On the other hand, since when you hover over the message in the "What's new" area, they give you a preview of the message, if the server is mentioned you can see it, and open it if you are on/interested in that server. Just makes scanning for potential recruits easier.

AJ

DeletedUser29287

I already replied to the person looking in another world in my thread so I doubt I’ll get anymore responses to my search for a new fellowship. I guess I will have to get by ignoring all events, then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I already replied to the person looking in another world in my thread so I doubt I’ll get anymore responses to my search for a new fellowship. I guess I will have to get by ignoring all events, then.
If I were you, I would look for a fellowship on my own, and you'd probably do better in the long run than if you just take the first one that offers. Here's the steps I always recommend:

First, while you are in the game, click on your ranking score in the upper left area. Then click on the tab "Fellowships." Start checking out some fellowships; most of them will tell you a little bit about them in the "Overview" section. Write down the names of all the ones that sound interesting (and sound friendly to new players.) Check out if there are any members who are close to your score. They might be more likely to accept you if there are.

Once you have a list of at least 10 (fellowship) names, go to www.elvenstats.com and check them out. Click on the "Fellowships" tab there and check them out one by one. First, see what boosts they need. If they need your boosts, (at least one of them) all the better. If they don't, then I wouldn't bother.

Second, check to see if they have black triangles next to many of the names. If they do, that means the fellowship is not very active. The worst would be if the archmage and mages have black triangles next to their names, but you don't want more than a couple of the fellow members having them either.

If chests are important to you, check out how many chests they have right there on their page. (It's on the upper right side, but you can also scroll down and see their "tourney champs" for the week, which will give you an idea of how many points they score in the tourney.)

Lastly, scroll all the way down and see if they've lost a lot of members recently. If they have, they may be having some internal problems. I'm not saying you shouldn't join, just that you need to be aware that if they've lost a lot of people this week, they may be in disarray and may not get those same tourney points next week. Then again, sometimes people who have just lost a lot of members will welcome newcomers.

After you've decided on the fellowship you like, send the archmage or active mage a message in game. A message is MUCH better than simply applying, since many mages don't check that page every day, but they always see messages every day. They'd probably love to have you, and you'd be happier knowing that you picked the best fellowship for yourself, one that truly suits you. Good luck!

Darielle

Sorry, Princess Snowy; I just realized that you weren't a new player by your posts to others. So you probably know that advice already. At any rate, I still wish you luck. :)

DeletedUser29287

@Darielle I'm only in chapter 2 with 4716 points for the city I'm trying to find a new fellowship for. I looked through several pages of fellowships haven't found any yet with more than one or two players near my points range.

I probably should've done a fellowship in one of the newer servers

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@PrincessSnowy Usually you don't want to go in a fellowship with just all baby cities. Sometimes it becomes the case of blind leading the blind. Archmage not guiding others bc they are also new, etc. A fellowship with a mix of chapters work well bc the big cities can support the small cities with trades until they grow. More important to find a fellowship that matches your playing style (casual vs competitive).

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@PrincessSnowy
I'm with @crackie
Mixed FS with cities in a variety of chapters means everyone is not facing the exact same challenges at the exact same time. They're more helpful to each other when that's the case. I'd recommend looking any FS up on ElvenStats: Fellowships before joining; @Darielle has some good info above on what to look for there.
From your post, you're looking for an FS active in tourneys and Spire. Some FS's that focus on Spire may be hesitant to take you right away since you don't yet have access to Spire. If you have another city that's further along and in Spire, I'd include that in any message sent to an FS about joining along with a guesstimate as to when you'll be unlocking Ch3 and the Spire in this city. If you're in a 10chest/wk tourney FS in that world, I'd mention it as well. That helps them know you know what you're getting into and are less likely to be one of the: Follow the tutorials and do everything they tell you to do including the 'join an FS' part; then quit the game shortly after joining. <<that happens way more often than you'd think, lol! Also let them know if you're doing visits daily, how you're progressing on building boosted-only factories, etc. That helps them have a better feel for how well you'll fit in with their current members.

juniperknome

work your city up a few levels in the near future get in a habit of placing orders someone will see them and invite you in. btw you have city in arendyl

Darielle

@Darielle I'm only in chapter 2 with 4716 points for the city I'm trying to find a new fellowship for. I looked through several pages of fellowships haven't found any yet with more than one or two players near my points range.

I probably should've done a fellowship in one of the newer servers
Ah, well, you sound more experienced than that. I have a feeling there's a fellowship out there that would love to have you. If you can't find any with cities your size, then go ahead and pick one that has some cities under 50K. Crackie and Sami are so right; never pick a fellowship with too many new cities. But as long as they have at least one under 50K, I'd go ahead and write to the Archmage. You know, just a nice message of your intention to be active and participate will go a long way to getting an invite. Archmages would rather pick from someone they've talked with and get a good vibe with; that's even more important than score.

DeletedUser29287

@juniperknome i peeked at what I got in each city that way I’ll be building with different goods selecting a city that didn’t have steel to play in.

DeletedUser29287

@Darielle I messed up placing expansions my first few attempts before running into getting scrolls prompting me to start over again. I did manage to get to chapter 4 before my final restart, shaving scrolls is evil especially when no one is looking for the good.

Laochra

Hi @PrincessSnowy! I see that your Ceravyn city is not in a FS. I have sent you a message here & in-game, if you're interested in an established FS (2017) that has minimal rules, but very helpful. We are called The Brothers' Grimm. ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser29287

@Laochra that is very strange that I’ll be in a fellowship in any other cities besides Khelonaar and Winyandor it was only yesterday that I went back and checked to see what I had gotten for goods in the other six worlds.

Laochra

At one point, I had 7 cities. I have retired all but my Khelonaar & Ceravyn ones. :)
If you are looking for a home in Ceravyn, I have sent you an invitation. {We have openings in Khelonaar too ;) }

Hawk1911

You know, just a nice message of your intention to be active and participate will go a long way to getting an invite. Archmages would rather pick from someone they've talked with and get a good vibe with; that's even more important than score.
This is so True!! Send a note telling the AM what your goals are and it at the very least you'll get some help along the way, and at most, you'll find yourself a new home with people who have common goals you have. I have yet to meet an AM who didn't appreciate the note.

Also, don't get hung up on "small" VS "large" cities. I recently accepted a ch3 city into my FS because we share a common goal. Doesn't matter that his city is small, we are all working toward achieve gold in Spire. (And yes, he can run to the top of the Spire in ch3).
Read their FS description and if it aligns with what you want, send them a message. It never hurts to ask. Also, those big FS are always looking for fresh faces. People burn out and leave the game, so they want to bring in new faces.

Laochra

@Laochra that is very strange that I’ll be in a fellowship in any other cities besides Khelonaar and Winyandor it was only yesterday that I went back and checked to see what I had gotten for goods in the other six worlds.
If you are looking for a home in Khelonaar or Winyandor, I can help you out there too. :cool: