• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

where were you when 9/11 hit

LilWolf De Lioncourt

I was wondering if everyone knew where they were when that unforgettable day happened 9/11? I was living in Colorado back then and on line with a friend of mine when she all of a sudden freaked out, and I said "What's wrong"? she said "Omg Omg 2 planes just hit the Twin Towers" I rushed home from the library and turned on the T.V. and there it was:( My Heart just sank.. I was talking to another friend of mine and she told me that Her Best friend who was like a Sister to Her, She was on the 2nd plane that hit the 2nd Tower:( it's so hard to console someone from on line and thru e-mails. Little did I know that I would find out again that another Friend of mine She lost her Neices and nephews who were in the Day Care in the Twin Towers that Grim day:(

so I was wondering where you were when this happened? I light a Candle to ALL who lost their Lives on 9/11. I wish we had a lite candle for a emoji so I could use it here.

Last edited:

DeletedUser20396

Screenshot_20190910-192601_Chrome.jpg

I wasn't even born

RainbowSKYEPIXIE

On my way to work when the first tower was hit & watching with my co-workers when the second plane hit. I will never forget. :(

DeletedUser20951

I was on the other side of the country, as I've nearly always been, sitting at my computer in the second story of the big A-frame cabin I lived in at the time, with the TV on in the background and already tuned to the news when coverage of the attacks began. It was utterly surreal and I felt nothing but shock for quite some time, as it was difficult to believe that such a terrible, deadly act of destruction could have actually taken place here on American soil, that so many lives could have been lost so unexpectedly and horribly. I had no words. I was nothing more than a long distance bystander to tragedy.

I light a candle for the lives destroyed that day.

DeletedUser2768

I was stationed in Germany, working in a secured office with no radio or TV, before live streaming was really a thing. I stepped out to go to the bathroom and everyone was running around like headless chickens. The second tower had just fallen. The fallout was the beginning of my mental breakdown, helped along by an incompetent chain of command.

The Unbeliever

I was about to head off to school for the day, while mum was going to head down to the mall to run a couple errands when we heard over a local radio station that two plans had (at that time) believed to have accidently flown into the WTC.

I turned around and flipped on the old 'on life support' TV in the living room, (only the local channel, and so much static it was like 1920 all over again!), and we saw the full extent of the horror taking place.
Granted the fear & terror were nothing up here in Torontoland like it was across the US, but still, I didn't go in to school that day... didn't seem like it was important at that point, since I realised that the entire world as we knew it had just come such a horrifyingly violent end. :(

But still, despite realizing once again, what a bunch of barbaric, sick, depraved, twisted evil b******* humans are, it still ended up reminding us that against that kind of pure evil, we still find a way to come together and prove that there's still more good in the world...
- The immediate response across the whole of friggin North America from people rushing out to donate blood...
- Complete strangers donating food, blankets, water, etc... to their local fire/police/EMS stations in the cities that got hit...
- The story of Gander Newfoundland - a city of iirc at that time, just 12000-13000 people who ended up having roughly 7000 stranded passengers & crew show on their doorstep, and open up the whole town to house/feed them for nearly a week! (it took just 20 hours to deplane everyone, pass them through customs and get them to some place that wasn't the airport - and don't even try to understand how they managed to park all those planes, because we're pretty sure Physics simply took a holiday on that one!lol.)
- Ordinary people from all across the US and Canada, heading to NYC to help the search & recovery efforts at The Pile...
- The mass fundraising drives to help raise money for all the recovery efforts...

Restored a small bit of faith that we're not completely screwed! (...well, at least not quite yet.:p)

LilWolf De Lioncourt

you know I'm half Canuuk and I was amazed how Canada was able to have room or make room for all the Planes that landed at the airports and how everyone just came together and helped one another all those people who landed in Canada. I commend all who came together and helped on that Tragic day..:(

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I was in high school at the time and all off a sudden the loud speaker came on for teachers to stop and turn on tvs to a certain station..... and we sat there as they tried to make arrangements for anyone that was able to leave early to do so and we just sat watching the news... it was a very sad day and the feeling was pure and utter shock that it was happening not so far away from where we were.