• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Where's the Beef?...on server 1

DeletedUser422

We have no new meat!!! Since the last major inactive purge and the beginning of server 2, there has be no replacement of new people in the provinces. Most likely all are being sent to server 2. We; who have paid for scouting and bought or fought through provinces have lost nearly all of our investment for each of the people we found and helped. And worse, many of those medium to lower level who were still active; quit and have become inactive, as they too have no one to help outside of fellowships.

Methinks compensation is due for time and revenue lost!!! Especially for those who bought diamonds to accelerate their growth. (so maybe even more compensation for them.)

I encourage all to comment or just add an "agree" here as a way of showing your voice in this matter too.

To begin to solve the problem, they (the devs) will have to start adding new people to BOTH servers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I totally agree, I am down to 14 people out of the 40+ that I had. At 10k per visit, that is a lot of coinage. I have stopped discovering until I see someone/something added to the empty area. Then again, I still do not understand the game, as I was told. So maybe the loss should not matter.

DeletedUser

I'm glad I am not the only one who is outraged about this.
And now I know the truth about why I have not gotten replacements in the past 2 months.

DeletedUser61

Your argument would be a LOT more convincing if you presented a daily log of the total number of players on US 1 and US 2.
  • While I'm not particularly pleased that they're removing inactive players in batches, and then replacing them piecemeal, but it DOES make it pretty easy to track the populations. Just look at the rank of last person in the list, each day.
  • Outraged?? Really??? You're that naive?
  • In every on-line game that I've ever played, August was a really slow month and then things picked up nicely in September when vacations are over with, and school has started.
So, how much of an allowance have you made for August, and without some data your argument is just hyperbole.
there has be no replacement of new people in the provinces.
It's the inactive people that we want to replace, not the new ones. (Cheap shot)

DeletedUser

Poking fun at me does not make me want to see your side of this argument. In fact it does the opposite.

DeletedUser511

They should have taken care of server 1 first. We are older then 2 and if people are going into server 2 before wanting to come into the older one we will be bumming for a while.

DeletedUser61

Ummm - new users aren't "forced" into either of the worlds.

Just to keep the discussion going, once we have multiple worlds, the folks who spend most of their time on "some other world" are going to be a real pain. They rarely pull their own weight, but they're more than willing to explain how you're doing everything wrong.

In some other games, Worlds of Warcraft for example, each account can have multiple players in the same world and that approach has problems of it's own.

While I do agree that "browsing" should be permissible, I very much prefer the folks who will sit down and eat a hardy meal.

DeletedUser

You have to keep in mind that the primary goal for the developers is not to create a game that will make the players happy. Their primary goal is to create a game that will entice you to buy diamonds. That is the motivation, because this really isn't a "free browser game to play", not if you want to get ahead and earn points. They'll add new features once in a while that the players will like, to keep them playing, they'll add silly contests once in a while to keep your interest, and they may fix a few problems along the way, but that is not the focus.

Inno is famous for this. Another Inno game that I played was a lot of fun the first year. Then they decided to take 2/3 of our battle bonuses away from the military great buildings. They said it made the game "fairer". It actually caused a lot of people to start buying diamonds in order to make up for what they had gained and lost. I played for over 3 years until it became such a lopsided game in the big spender's advantage. Now, you don't have to battle there, you don't have to gather resources, you don't have to visit anyone or join a guild to be on top. All you have to do is to spend thousands of dollars to pump forge points into a few great buildings and get them over level 30. The top players there are all players who spend thousands of dollars to gain points quickly via their great buildings. You even have some who send money (with interest) to friends and the friends in turn buy diamonds, pump forge points in the spender's great buildings, gain more forge points from being the top donor, dump them back in etc...

I am really hoping that this game will be fun for a while before it becomes apparent that, because of the focus of the developers, you can't achieve much without spending money. I'm talking big money, not $10 a week or $20 a month. I've drastically cut down on my playing time and I won't be buying any more diamonds at all.

So, do not think that the developers are going to care much about the missing neighbors or rush to solve this problem. I used to think that perhaps they didn't research what would happen if they removed so many cities. I should have taken their other games as examples, and realized that they probably knew and don't really care.

DeletedUser61

It so happens that I manage a large Forge Point Club in FoE, more than half of the members in our guild participate, so I'm familiar with your concerns. You also need to factor in that the Castel del Monte, itself, generates Forge Points. A couple of my friends have CDMs that are level 20+ and they're rolling 120 points per day into their CDMs.

It's really quite interesting to see the similarities, and more importantly the differences, between FoE and Elvenar. The mechanics in Elvenar, which is really all that we have at this point, are much improved. The way that trade is handled, and the relationship between Knowledge Points and exploration is far more interesting.

Now that the basics are pretty much under control, I'm looking forward to content that's uniquely Elvenar, rather than just the basic game mechanics, and I suspect that we'll start seeing that once InnoGames ups the Release Level to 1.0. I fully expect to see some sort of community level projects, such as Elementals or Regional Parks.

Regarding Diamonds, InnoGames obviously has to pay the bills, but I'm very happy with their microtransaction model, mostly because it allows me to "vote" regarding the type of content that I prefer, and I can ignore the special events that don't ring my bell.