• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Where's the Magic Dust?

DeletedUser627

Have you had a chance to look at the Level 19 Magic manufactories as they're being built in the big cities?

Gems are pretty fabulous. They kept their floating gems, colors are impressive, building is bigger. What's not to love?

Elixir is better than L15 (especially considering that L15 wasn't so great). Personally I despise mushrooms, and all that massed brown/tan,but at least there's the large elixir vial. When zoomed out in perspective to work on a city, the impression is good.

Then there's the Magic Dust. We literally have floating Pepto Bismol jellyfish and lopsidedy wooden planks. And no Magic Dust, just a few pink raindrops. What a downgrade from our golden palaces with flying
Dust.

But I'm not writing this because I personally don't like the new Dust. Even though I don't, some players will My real concern is: why won't Inno offer parity?

If Basic Goods are going to be impressive personifications, then all 3 should be a version of that. Not two that are big and grand, and the third a dim scrawny mass of half dead limbs with the personification intentionally removed.​

If Crafted Goods are going to be towers (nice architectural accents) then all 3 should be towers. One shouldn't be a mass of squiggly gummy worms sprawling about with oversized flowers.

If Magical Goods are going to be impressive anchors, one shouldn't be either an eyesore or a disparate center of visual focus (depending one your preference). The Magic Dust L19 is so unique that it can only provoke love or hate from its owner. Which isn't a nice option to provide players.
All of this is with regard to Elven cities. Do human cities have similar short-end-of-the-stick buildings?

DeletedUser2191

Have you had a chance to look at the Level 19 Magic manufactories as they're being built in the big cities?

Gems are pretty fabulous. They kept their floating gems, colors are impressive, building is bigger. What's not to love?

Elixir is better than L15 (especially considering that L15 wasn't so great). Personally I despise mushrooms, and all that massed brown/tan,but at least there's the large elixir vial. When zoomed out in perspective to work on a city, the impression is good.

Then there's the Magic Dust. We literally have floating Pepto Bismol jellyfish and lopsidedy wooden planks. And no Magic Dust, just a few pink raindrops. What a downgrade from our golden palaces with flying
Dust.

But I'm not writing this because I personally don't like the new Dust. Even though I don't, some players will My real concern is: why won't Inno offer parity?

If Basic Goods are going to be impressive personifications, then all 3 should be a version of that. Not two that are big and grand, and the third a dim scrawny mass of half dead limbs with the personification intentionally removed.​

If Crafted Goods are going to be towers (nice architectural accents) then all 3 should be towers. One shouldn't be a mass of squiggly gummy worms sprawling about with oversized flowers.

If Magical Goods are going to be impressive anchors, one shouldn't be either an eyesore or a disparate center of visual focus (depending one your preference). The Magic Dust L19 is so unique that it can only provoke love or hate from its owner. Which isn't a nice option to provide players.
All of this is with regard to Elven cities. Do human cities have similar short-end-of-the-stick buildings?

Without looking at the pictures in the wiki, I can only report for where my progress is in the game. I'm boosted in marble, crystal and elixir. Human city.

Marble - currently level 12, nothing special with these, patches of light blue coloring eventually going to a almost neon green at level 15 based on what I have seen in game already. Don't have that cool modern day Tron effect like elven marble do. Not quite as tall as crystal and elixir.

Crystal - currently level 12, absolutely love them, fire breathing dragons melting down the crystal, eventually having twin winged fire breathing dragons at level 15. Their fierceness balances the beauty of the elven version.

Elixir - currently level 10, has the looks of something you would find in a science lab with fluids flowing through tubes into bottles. Light purple in coloring moving towards a light teal by level 15, so pleasant for viewing. Like the crystal factories are towering in stature.

DeletedUser3312

I have a human city. I am boosted in planks, scrolls, and dust. Planks are so big at level 13 and up they dwarf other buildings. The level 15 is a huge gold temple looking building. smiles... They are very nice but it is difficult to see behind them. Scrolls are small and a bit scrawny. Level 14 they morph a bit and at level 15 they stand out and are nice to look at. Dust is the same building theme from beginning to 15. it just grows a bit in size. Needs to be out in front of planks or you won't see them. Level 15 houses are very nice, finally that ugly brown is gone and they are a soft mint green. Then at level 16 they morph into a passenger train looking thing. Ugly as sin in my opinion lol. then they finally become a "house" with a giant flower on it where you can't see the house for the flower and it looks stupid as all get out.

DeletedUser627

Orc level human cities are my current favorites. There's a balance and stature, and even the Orc colors (not my favorite) balance with the right purples and oranges.

qaccy

So...this sounds like a case of 'the grass is always greener on the other side'. It seems a bit too convenient that you have grievances about just one goods building of each type - the ones you're boosted in. Why is that? For what it's worth, I think planks and marble look very similar but with different themes. Steel has a slight edge in splendor to me because, being the 'specialized' tier 1 good (both Humans and Elves have exactly the same building for levels 16-19), I think they tried to inject a bit more of the Dwarven themes into it. The same kind of applies to silk - it's the Faeries' specialized good and both races share the appearance. They also spiders, not 'gummy worms'. The Orc/Goblin chapter is the first to not feature a specialized good building, so all three look different for both races, but since art is very subjective I think you're just trying to use this as more fuel for your vendetta against Inno than anything else.

DeletedUser1987

Er, it's not just the goods you're boosted in. My boosted goods are planks, scrolls, and magic dust, and I also agree that the silk and magic dust manufactories are horrible. The only reason I'm not willing to agree that the planks manufactories are horrible is because the color scheme of the lvl 19 planks manufactories is more appealing to me than the color scheme of the lvl 15 ones. Squirming spiders and mushrooms have no appeal for me.

Though I admit I am a special case. Even if I didn't have to build magic dust manufactories, I would be campaigning to have them changed because I would have to see them when I go to visit other peoples' cities and I. Am. Freaked. Out. By. Mushrooms.

I really have no idea how I am going to rearrange my city so my magic dust manufactories are hidden. I truly don't want to see them. They will give me panic attacks, just like the mushrooms that started growing in one of my house plants gave me a panic attack (and revealed that hey, mushrooms give me panic attacks).

Arachnophobia is a fairly common phobia, even though I haven't encountered anyone else with mushroom-phobia. With that in mind, it's really odd to have the silk manufactories, which people with silk boosts cannot avoid building, be squirming spiders.

DeletedUser3312

I really have no idea how I am going to rearrange my city so my magic dust manufactories are hidden. I truly don't want to see them. They will give me panic attacks, just like the mushrooms that started growing in one of my house plants gave me a panic attack (and revealed that hey, mushrooms give me panic attacks).

actually I love the plank factories! They are just really big smiles. At level 15 they are huge gold temple looking buildings. A bit farther along, they morph into red train engine looking buildings are IMO are super cool. The dust is a bit.. erm.. I'm not a fan of the color pink... so they are okay but... really no thrill there and they remain the same building for a long long long time ... they just get bigger. hiding them is not hard. just put them behind your plank buildings. Scroll factories are a bit of a disappointment. It looks like a drunk dwarf threw them together until level 14 and then they once again look like they could handle a strong breeze without collapsing smiles.... I like a lot of the buildings, steel is always nice unless you are visiting without glasses on and keep clicking on the dang bobber bouncing up and down. sigh... grins... I like the human buildings better than the elf buildings. They are not nearly as artistic or creative but, I can discern what they are by looking at them as opposed having to hover over them to read what they are.

DeletedUser627

#qaccy

Guess why I've made it clear that I don't like the way the game is increasingly a game of chance? Because "if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!" 11% of us have the Plank'/Silk/Dust combo - its overall become the least attractive one by L19, so of course I got it. Personally, I thought the Elven Magic Dust L15 was fabulous. So was the L15 Silk, and I loved the Plank when it was personified. My perspective is that all three of these were downgraded past L15, not upgraded. It's a lot of work for disappointing results.

I think you only read half my post, too. Art is indeed subjective...but parity isn't. Which is why I focused on it. Once the top 10 in our world are finished enough to compare, it will be obvious that my city looks like crap compared to the others' boosts. We all have to work with the components we're given...and all three of these boosts squiggle and squirm and wobble and wave. There's no architectural substance, nor granddur: all 3 are the odd-man-out of their set.