• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Which AW to build first?

DeletedUser5278

I've just unlocked both Tome of Secrets and Golden Abyss (thank you Snow and Tournaments!) At present, I have space to build one. Any suggestions as to which it would be more advantageous to build first?

DeletedUser3640

Golden Abyss. It's one of the best AWs, especially during early stages of the game.

DeletedUser5251

I've just unlocked both Tome of Secrets and Golden Abyss
When you say "unlocked," do you mean you finished the technology in the research tree? Because ancient wonders also require that you fill a ring with rune shards before you can build them. Whenever you receive a rune shard (from completing a province on the map or in some rounds of the tournaments, as well as a possible reward in the snow flurry event) it will randomly be assigned to a specific ancient wonder. However, not all rune shards fit into one of the spaces available. So, they get added to the broken rune shard pile, and when you get 10 you can forge one that will fit for sure. The forged run can be used on any open ancient wonder. It is not limited to the ancient wonder you were in when you received the 10th broken shard. Since you really have no way of knowing how long it will take to fill the ring for each ancient wonder, I just built them as I filled the rings. If you have a preference (Golden Abyss over Tome of Secrets, for example) you can save all the forged runes from broken shards for that one. But you can't force the rune shards you win to go to the ancient wonder you want. The Tome of Secrets isn't worthless, by the way, it gives you an extra Knowledge Point every day which does add up. It's just that the need for additional population is usually critical, especially in the beginning.

If you've filled the rings for both ancient wonders, then feel free to ignore my long winded rambling and build whichever one you want. :)

DeletedUser5278

When you say "unlocked," do you mean you finished the technology in the research tree? Because ancient wonders also require that you fill a ring with rune shards before you can build them. Whenever you receive a rune shard (from completing a province on the map or in some rounds of the tournaments, as well as a possible reward in the snow flurry event) it will randomly be assigned to a specific ancient wonder. However, not all rune shards fit into one of the spaces available. So, they get added to the broken rune shard pile, and when you get 10 you can forge one that will fit for sure. The forged run can be used on any open ancient wonder. It is not limited to the ancient wonder you were in when you received the 10th broken shard. Since you really have no way of knowing how long it will take to fill the ring for each ancient wonder, I just built them as I filled the rings. If you have a preference (Golden Abyss over Tome of Secrets, for example) you can save all the forged runes from broken shards for that one. But you can't force the rune shards you win to go to the ancient wonder you want. The Tome of Secrets isn't worthless, by the way, it gives you an extra Knowledge Point every day which does add up. It's just that the need for additional population is usually critical, especially in the beginning.

If you've filled the rings for both ancient wonders, then feel free to ignore my long winded rambling and build whichever one you want. :)
Yes, I've gotten all the runes and filled the rings for both - so I was simply choosing. Thank you!