• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Which event buildings should I get? (Starting Woodelves)

DeepTerminal

I'm just starting woodelves, and I'm planning to build 16 Weeping Hollows. For the upcoming event (and future ones), which event buildings should I get?

In the previous chapters, I've primarily gone for Culture only and Culture/Pop. I see that starting at Chapter 9, the culture/pop buildings start to give significantly more population.

Should I still go for culture/pop, or should I go for culture/mana, or a bit of both?

Thanks!

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I'm just starting woodelves, and I'm planning to build 16 Weeping Hollows. For the upcoming event (and future ones), which event buildings should I get?

In the previous chapters, I've primarily gone for Culture only and Culture/Pop. I see that starting at Chapter 9, the culture/pop buildings start to give significantly more population.

Should I still go for culture/pop, or should I go for culture/mana, or a bit of both?

Thanks!

From my experience, for a few chapters mana will be the thing you cannot get enough of, from my experience. I bought premium mana buildings but if you are not into spending definitely try to pick up some mana producing buildings. The demand for mana does not go away.

Socrates28

As @Deborah M pointed out mana will be very important for the next few chapters. Willows are good for now but there are better mana producers on the horizon, especially Mana Huts if you can find them in events. I know it will be a hit to your culture, but Culture Only buildings should be repalced as soon as you can find another building that has culture and something else, population as you know and then event buildings which give culture and supplies or troops.
Also when comparing buildings you might think you want, the mana or population per square is an important consideration. Sometimes you can put several smaller buildings in a smaller footprint and yet get more for the space.

Risen Malchiah

Since Willows are very large (and mana is needed in every chapter going forward), your best option is to hunt down those Mana Huts. They have consistently been one of the most efficient mana producing event buildings in the game! They're also very convenient since they have a very generous early collection timer, making them very flexible when you collect. They're good enough that you might even consider uprading some with Restoration spells, but only if you don't see them showing up in the near future and/or you only have to upgrade them 1-2 chapters so they produce mana instead of supplies.

Reducing the size & increasing the efficiency of your mana producers adds a lot of flexibility to what other event buildings you pursue, whether it's pop/culture, sets, evolving buildings, wishing wells, or something else.

NightshadeCS

Ah, Mana Huts!!! I love love love love love them!! I have quite a collection and expend a fair amount of RRs upgrading them every chapter. Luckily, since they are only 2x2, that is relatively easy to do. DEFINITELY worth grabbing them when you can if you are into chapters that use mana.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I'm halfway through the research for Halflings. I think I've got mana covered. But how about ways to get more divine seeds? Will they be important in future chapters? I have 2 ice slides and the trader - that's it.

Once you get to halflings the festival merchant becomes an excellent seed producer. Craft it whenever you can and it will really help with your need for seeds. If you are looking for an event building, the woodelven float is quite good at seeds for your chapter.

DeletedUser19723

I have a festival merchant from S & D. It produces a decent amount of mana. If I upgrade it, it costs 12 RR spells. It would give me 2,040 seeds/24 hrs. Currently it gives 7,200 mana/24 hrs. Would that be a good upgrade or leave it and try to get another festival merchant?

Pheryll

Set Designer
I have a festival merchant from S & D. It produces a decent amount of mana. If I upgrade it, it costs 12 RR spells. It would give me 2,040 seeds/24 hrs. Currently it gives 7,200 mana/24 hrs. Would that be a good upgrade or leave it and try to get another festival merchant?

This is your call to make. If you are in a ten chest tournament fellowship, then you may have plenty of RR to spare. If not, then there may be plenty of more worthwhile things to invest RR in, than a building that you can just craft later.

Deleted User - 3932582

I'd generally advise against using RRs on anything that you can get with any reasonable degree of recurrence. I'd much rather craft new Festival Merchants, even though that might take a while to get it rolled. There's never too many RRs, 10 chest FS or not ;) I'd rather spend them on unique buildings (sets, Grand Prizes etc) that are very good and you can't level them any other way.

That is, unless you're desperate for some resources (e.g. seeds in Halflilngs) and RRs are the only way to get it. I certainly dumped some RRs on Golden Palaces in beginning of Halflings to convert them to seeds, as my seeds capabilities at that time were severely lacking (that was before Festival Merchants though).

NightshadeCS

Once you get to halflings the festival merchant becomes an excellent seed producer. Craft it whenever you can and it will really help with your need for seeds. If you are looking for an event building, the woodelven float is quite good at seeds for your chapter.
@SherG26 , this may be a long shot, but also look out for the Black Lotus, one of the prizes for placing 11-20 in the Fellowship Adventures. They are a great 2x2 building that produces seeds if gained in the relevant chapter.

AtaguS

I just started Amuni, but have 8 Mana Huts (Woodelves level) kicking out mana and 7 Black Lotuseseses (Lotusi??) giving seeds. Heartily recommend both at respective levels!
8 mana huts that's the bomb! What are black lotus(i??) and where can I find one? Also just started Amuni

NightshadeCS

8 mana huts that's the bomb! What are black lotus(i??) and where can I find one? Also just started Amuni
Black Lotus I have only seen as a Fellowship Adventure reward for groups that place 11th-20th. So...may be hard for some to get if their group isn't pretty gung-ho about the FA. But worth it if you can get it, definitely.