• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Which Solstice event buildings are you going for?

• Thread starter DeletedUser17455
  • Start date

Deleted User - 3932582

I’m changing my answer. Venars 3 for pop is awesome! 410 per square. That’s almost 25% better than Phoenix Cult or Elven Float.

This makes me want to seriously consider a “no res” strategy. In my case, I’ve got 281k working pop. A level 33 residence is 289 pop per sq. So I need 972 squares of population. If that was all Venars, I’d need 685.

300 free squares is pretty nice. The downside is the need to upgrade event buildings. But given game pace (we are pretty clearly in 6 months per chapter, minimum), that gives you two events to upgrade everything. Hmmm. Very tempting.
Yep. Even earlier VR3s are really good. In Halflings they're practically on par with Amuni residences directly (and they also give a ton of culture), and are only slightly worse than Constructs res. But by the time you're in Constructs you can spend your Royal Restoration spells relatively unconstrained, so even that can be easily corrected.

I am going for a few, but I also want to get myself some Portal Profits, and both goals are not super compatible. I expect to lose about 6 dailies to go for ~200% portal profits. So far, I rolled exactly 0% PP ;)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I’m changing my answer. Venars 3 for pop is awesome! 410 per square. That’s almost 25% better than Phoenix Cult or Elven Float.

This makes me want to seriously consider a “no res” strategy. In my case, I’ve got 281k working pop. A level 33 residence is 289 pop per sq. So I need 972 squares of population. If that was all Venars, I’d need 685.

300 free squares is pretty nice. The downside is the need to upgrade event buildings. But given game pace (we are pretty clearly in 6 months per chapter, minimum), that gives you two events to upgrade everything. Hmmm. Very tempting.

That is why I have my row that somewhat follows a theme of culture/pop. I have gone from 45 magic houses and 12 magic workshops to, after I get the pop from 2 Venar's III, I will have 18 magic houses, 4 regular houses and 8 magic workshops. Then I will evaluate where or how to go further from there. I know we usually need some houses for chapter quests so I wouldn't go with no houses.

DeletedUser17455

Last day is Trading Post!

I am in Wood Elves but I am going to go crazy and push through to the next chapter before day 21 and then get my 10 x VR III. The population from a VR III in chapter 10 is pretty close to the same as the residence in Constructs. I'm feeling very good about this.

Guarantee is an interesting word! Has anyone ever said "I can guarantee you that 6 x 7 is 42!" probably not, because there is no need to provide a "guarantee" for an event with a certain outcome. It is only once some uncertainty is introduced that there is any need for anyone to use the word "guarantee". Typically, then, when someone says "I want to guarantee such and such an outcome" they are actually saying "I want to provide myself a reasonably strong chance of such and such an outcome".

The average cost of an event building in Solstice is roughly 400 flares according to gems of knowledge. I will try to have more than 4000 flares in reserve on day 21. In the last event I went way overboard with my safe-guarding and ended up with 21 of a building that I probably only needed 15 of :D but I had not decided ahead of time on a good "stopping number". I think 10 x VR III is a good plan because I have 20 residences and am almost never short on gold. I will replace 5 residences at first, and watch my gold levels before adding more.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I think I am having second doubts now going for wishing wells. Last 120 collections (20ww X 6) have been next to pathetic the constant coins and supplies are completely demoralizing, now just getting 1 diamond from 20 of them (5%) seems like the norm.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I think I am having second doubts now going for wishing wells. Last 120 collections (20ww X 6) have been next to pathetic the constant coins and supplies are completely demoralizing, now just getting 1 diamond from 20 of them (5%) seems like the norm.

It is just the luck of the draw. Sometimes it is good and sometimes not, especially with the low percent chance for diamonds. I only have three wells out right now and I probably still average diamonds once every ten collections between the three. And then there are stretches like I had last week, where I got diamonds five out of the twelve collections from two straight days.

Do you have them all lined up so that you can collect them in one long sweep of your mouse or finger? Or do you collect each one separately? I am sure there is no statistical backing for it, but I seem to get more diamonds when I do not collect all mine in one go.

DeletedUser20951

Wells continue to be one of the few prizes I am ever interested in. The diamonds I have earned from them have bought an extra builder, a maxed Academy, and six premium expansions (I'm close to enough for the seventh), all of which are permanent advantages. And I finally took a look at how much space the seven (alas, using a lucky number has had no effect) Wells I keep placed in my cities take up versus the total land of the extra expansions, and there's eight-seven squares for other thingies I wouldn't have otherwise. Not a giant profit, I'll grant, but the permanence sells me, as does the additional KPs, and I have the patience of a stasis chamber so long as I am making progress towards a goal. Might begin to seem less attractive when the expansion cost becomes prohibitive (don't know my threshold on that front, yet), but I figure Inno may eventually stick something else worth buying into the game. *crosses fingers* Or, you know, makes premium culture worthwhile. *winks hard, eye bursts from socket* EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

DeletedUser

It is just the luck of the draw. Sometimes it is good and sometimes not, especially with the low percent chance for diamonds. I only have three wells out right now and I probably still average diamonds once every ten collections between the three. And then there are stretches like I had last week, where I got diamonds five out of the twelve collections from two straight days.

Do you have them all lined up so that you can collect them in one long sweep of your mouse or finger? Or do you collect each one separately? I am sure there is no statistical backing for it, but I seem to get more diamonds when I do not collect all mine in one go.

I get it's luck, I expect most WW collections to be disappointments. It's the compounding of bad batch after bad batch that makes me reconsider having them. Last 140 collections I have gotten 4 diamonds and 7 KPs...absolutely pathetic

I also built them for KPs. From my research it's 10% for diamonds and KPs and that backs up my last 1200 collections with 123 diamonds. But this recent stretch has definitely lowered my interest in them.

Edit: I did a quick binomial calculation just out of curiosity. Let's say both diamonds and KP are a success. n = 140, p = 0.2, q = 0.8
Cumulative probability P (X <= 11) = 0.000065 or about 1 out of 15455. Like I said...pathetic

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Think I'll start calling them the PRNG wells or coin wells...

Oh well they're still the best prize to go for an early chapter player like myself.

Edit: I've noticed something too. I almost NEVER get diamonds from wishing wells on mobile. I can confirm this because it is about 12% you will not collect one from 20 wishing wells. Ok sure bad luck...but this is happening countless times now and sometimes even in succession. I can say with certainty that is happens at least 25% of the time when collecting on mobile, and probably even higher. PRNG...don't collect on mobile I guess

Last edited by a moderator:

Dopeykr

Think I'll start calling them the PRNG wells or coin wells...

Oh well they're still the best prize to go for an early chapter player like myself.

Edit: I've noticed something too. I almost NEVER get diamonds from wishing wells on mobile. I can confirm this because it is about 12% you will not collect one from 20 wishing wells. Ok sure bad luck...but this is happening countless times now and sometimes even in succession. I can say with certainty that is happens at least 25% of the time when collecting on mobile, and probably even higher. PRNG...don't collect on mobile I guess
I keep at least 1 Wishing Well active in my city at all times. The current WW has hit diamonds 3 times now & still has half its lifespan left. I only play on mobile because of fire hazard.