• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Who Actually Does Guest Race Missions?

Maiafay

Just curious. I don't bother usually since the rewards are pretty meager compared to the cost of the mission itself. Most of my effort is getting through the chapter and then declining the missions once I finish. Not sure why the devs think 25k mana reward for 50 Divine Streets -- which need 15k mana per square -- is a fair prize.

StarLoad

That is a personal choice we all get to make, I would say in early chapters more follow the quests, but later and with Portal profits I would guess that % goes down.

Iyapo1

I actually do guest race missions in 2 out of three cities. I am definitely in the lower chapters(Dwarves and Faries).

Edit to add: I dont have a problem with skipping them, it just hasn't happened yet.

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Just curious. I don't bother usually since the rewards are pretty meager compared to the cost of the mission itself. Most of my effort is getting through the chapter and then declining the missions once I finish. Not sure why the devs think 25k mana reward for 50 Divine Streets -- which need 15k mana per square -- is a fair prize.
Yeah, but Divine Streets also provide culture. I tend to upgrade my roads every chapter anyway. I look at quests like this as getting a small reward for something I was going to do anyway.

Soleil Nightbloom

I personally have done all of my story quests from when I first started the game almost a year ago (my anniversary start date is in this coming July). I just started ch 11 and I continue to follow my story quests for my guest race chapters because I feel like the game is pushing me through that way. When I have tried to ignore them I pay the price by the chapter going by slower than normal. I decline the ones that are hard to do and use portal profits towards the end of the chapter when the demand in goods gets more intense. I know this game is supposed to be leisurely played but this game makes me impatient. Sorry, I represent the 1% of players who don’t want to spend several months in one chapter. My personal goal is to catch up to the game and we will see what happens. If someone tells me I can’t do something it makes me more determined.

Last edited:

Aritra

I personally have done all of my story quests from when I first started the game almost a year ago (my anniversary start date is in this coming July). I just started ch 11 and I continue to follow my story quests for my guest race chapters because I feel like the game is pushing me through that way. When I have tried to ignore them I pay the price by the chapter going by slower than normal. I declin the ones that are hard to do and use portal profits towards the end of the chapter when the demand in goods gets more intense. I know this game is supposed to be leisurely played but this game makes me impatient. Sorry, I represent the 1% of players who don’t want to spend several months in one chapter. My personal goal is to catch up to the game and we will see what happens. If someone tells me I can’t do something it makes me more determined.
First of all, I have no problem with your play choice. I have been taking my sweet time (though I do use boosters quite a lot, though not many portal profits, go figure). Mid-chapter ten at appx fifteen months. I just wanted to say that I have recently-ish discovered a new motivation to taking it slow: the more weeks I'm in a chapter, the more blueprints I can get and keep certain items at chapter level. Soon I will need to decide who is getting left behind and not upgrade all of the specific-ever-growing list (moonstone+chess+select evolving buildings). To be clear, I'm not trying to change your mind; I'm just sharing a perk I discovered to something I was already doing.

Aritra

I've never really felt the need to "do what I was told" from even chapter one, let alone guest races. I see it as more of a guide, but I follow my intuition more than instruction and it has generally worked for me (especially how many of buildings they say to build, I choose my starting point, and adjust as needed). I decide when I do what they say. Overall, however, I do tend to fulfill them, though it might be out of order if I get ahead of it, but it generally always works itself out just fine. Of course, there are exceptions that can bring it to a dead stop. For example, in woodelves, there was a quest to build a culture-mana building but I felt it was ridiculously expensive for its inefficiency (compared to all of my existing mana sources) and the quest reward was a fraction of what I was spending. So, I didn't do it and let the questline get hung up, and declined it when I left the chapter.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
In my main city, which is now in chapter 18, I have done every quest in every chapter, except for maybe less than 10 that were declinable at the time, such as ones asking to win fights at a time my city was not set up for fighting. Chapter 18 is my first chapter where I am not doing the quests as I get them, both because of lack of space and because of the way the new ascended goods are done. I am currently stopped on a quest that requires 3 of a guest race building that I have no use for at all to complete the chapter, and don't have the space or the goods just to build them. But since I have always done the quests because I want to know the amount of time it would take to complete it that way, I may still try and complete them all once I am a little further in the research. Plus, since this is the way the devs wrote the game, I want to follow it correctly in at least one city.

Soleil Nightbloom

Yeah @Aritra , I have my work cut out for me when it comes to what to upgrade versus what to stay at a current level too. I’ve been saving my blueprints and royal restorations, so I understand. The chapters that took me the longest were chapter 8 and chapter 10 because I was listening to other players advice on how to approach the game. So, I have decided to go back to the basics because I think it works for me, so far. I might have to make an adjustment or two down the road.

Wudana

I did the quests up to a point. There were a few chapters I just used pps and declined when I finished. Now in the later chapters 17-18
I find my natural progression finishes most of the quests.

DeletedUser28870

if one demands crazy things, like 20,000 seeds when seeds will be hard to get.. i leave and pick and choose after i finish section. some of those give decent awards, some are just like you explained.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
In Halflings chapter some of the quests start getting 'greedy' where the game asks you to 'donate' resources, some of them quite scarce. Amuni is hideous for the rewards given I think once it was a single gold coin. Um. Ok. At some point you have to decide: is this guidance, or graft? Lol

Fayeanne

I'm only in the earlier chapters, but I like the story quests. Some of them are pretty funny. I don't even look at the offered rewards. For me, it's not "do task, get reward" it's "do task to see where the story leads next."

Did anyone read the final quest dialogue for the recent Fairy Queen event?

BadWon

I have 3 cities and have done ALL the Race missions in 3 cities. It is pat of the growth...
IMHO...............

dikke ikke

i did all missions until now, i try to find a balance between the path i have in mind and the path the missions require, most of the time that works out just fine

NightshadeCS

It's a balancing act for me. How much investment will they require for the prize? I will try to complete them if they are offering things I am in need of, or something unique (sometimes there is a building).

I try not to torture myself just to get a few extra coins and supplies, that's for sure. : )

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I will try to complete them if they are offering things I am in need of, or something unique (sometimes there is a building).
I have never seen a building as a prize for a guest race side quest. Did I miss it or have I not gotten far enough into the game yet? (currently chapter 14)

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I don't recall any. We should definitely receive buildings in return for hosting an ogress though!