• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Who do the RNG gods hate the most?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Are you completing all of the quests? You shouldn't need any luck at all to get a total of 7 artifacts if you do, and then provided we get an FA you should have your max owl.
I paid to shuffle 20 times ignoring the bonus present boxes, only hit a 2x3 present once, and still got the owl up to level 9 on Beta without an FA.
I already have 7 artifacts and am several presents into the 8th. Getting to max level is not going to be an issue. What I am trying to do is win 9 artifacts in the event AND get 2 more grand prizes beyond that so I win a 2nd Owl base. Since I have advanced a chapter since the event started the 2nd base will be higher level and then I could place and evolve it instead of the 1st one I won.

Aritra

I already have 7 artifacts and am several presents into the 8th. Getting to max level is not going to be an issue. What I am trying to do is win 9 artifacts in the event AND get 2 more grand prizes beyond that so I win a 2nd Owl base. Since I have advanced a chapter since the event started the 2nd base will be higher level and then I could place and evolve it instead of the 1st one I won.
Same goal.
I'm 50 gifts away from the the second owl (having changed chapters mid event) but skeptical that's it's even possible or not (without purchase).
My math says no. :( I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

The 2nd Base comes directly after the 7th artifact. There is no filler grand prize in between.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
@Sir Squirrel @Darielle
You're not gonna love this...
You are right; I don't. Just what I suspected ... use this bonus for your FIRST purchase. Others may get the offer twice, but perhaps it's only triggered for that player if they never buy diamonds on any other offer first. Dang. I wish my son had never bought me diamonds now. Boy, what a way for Inno to kill the incentive for people and to make them regret buying diamonds.

It reminds me of a Facebook game I used to play. When one of our members said, "Don't you think Wo--a has gotten expensive lately?" and showed us her offer from them for $14.99, we all responded by showing our offers ... which included $1.99, $2.99, $5.99 etc, all of the exact same amount of game currency. We were shocked. We figured out that the only difference between us was how often we purchased game currency. Those of us who had never purchased got the buck ninety nine offer. Talk about unfair.

(PS I put dashes in because I don't know if we're allowed to post other game names in here.)

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
@Darielle @Sir Squirrel
You have to tease the sales department to get them to work with you. Open the diamond purchase screen, select something you would probably buy if only they gave you a good offer. Go out to the purchase screen, and then cancel. Do this again tomorrow, and then the next day.
They will give you cheap offers to start, 40% off or 60%. Don't bite, keep on teasing them. If need be, take a 60% but only the cheapest one. Make it plain from your behavior that you ARE interested, just not at that price. Be prepared to reward a really good offer, tho.

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
@Darielle @Sir Squirrel
You have to tease the sales department to get them to work with you. Open the diamond purchase screen, select something you would probably buy if only they gave you a good offer. Go out to the purchase screen, and then cancel. Do this again tomorrow, and then the next day.
They will give you cheap offers to start, 40% off or 60%. Don't bite, keep on teasing them. If need be, take a 60% but only the cheapest one. Make it plain from you behavior that you ARE interested, just not at that price. Be prepared to reward a really good offer, tho.
I will check it out; thanks!

Vigali

Recent one for me:

My original city plan for Ch. 11 included building a few new Festival Merchants to supply me with additional seeds. I started Ch. 11 at the beginning of December, and over ~2+ weeks I didn't see a single Festival Merchant in the MA. I made sure to check every natural refresh (but did not spend any diamonds to refresh, because that seems wasteful). I even went a while not crafting anything in MA, so that I wasn't "occupying" a slot during refresh and nerfing my chances at a Festival Merchant popping up.

So, the Elvenade Logistics Center was available in this event, and while it's inferior to the Festival Merchant from a seeds/sq perspective, it seemed like the solution to my problem. When it came up as the daily prize, I decided to dump my keys into it -- I needed seeds! -- and ended up with 8 of them.

Immediately after I dumped my keys into Elvenade Logistics Centers, the next refresh of MA had a Festival Merchant. As did the next one. And the one after that. All told, in the 6 days since I got all those ELC's, I've seen 9 Festival Merchants in my MA.

So, now I have 8 Elvenade Logistics Centers and 5 Festival Merchants, not all placed yet, but once I reorganize some stuff and get them down, I guess I'll be good on seeds :D

Iyapo1

There is a wonderful building being offered in the winter event as an aside. A little 2x2 that is better than the lava codex. In my main city I have 1. I have looked for it every single day. I have completed a few boards here and there in the hope of seeing it.

6 days left in the event and all I can say is the giant hunters are seriously slacking.

They might be reading Pro-Giant literature in my 5 Moonstone Library Sets, so I guess the RNG gods dont really hate me.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Recent one for me:

My original city plan for Ch. 11 included building a few new Festival Merchants to supply me with additional seeds. I started Ch. 11 at the beginning of December, and over ~2+ weeks I didn't see a single Festival Merchant in the MA. I made sure to check every natural refresh (but did not spend any diamonds to refresh, because that seems wasteful). I even went a while not crafting anything in MA, so that I wasn't "occupying" a slot during refresh and nerfing my chances at a Festival Merchant popping up.

So, the Elvenade Logistics Center was available in this event, and while it's inferior to the Festival Merchant from a seeds/sq perspective, it seemed like the solution to my problem. When it came up as the daily prize, I decided to dump my keys into it -- I needed seeds! -- and ended up with 8 of them.

Immediately after I dumped my keys into Elvenade Logistics Centers, the next refresh of MA had a Festival Merchant. As did the next one. And the one after that. All told, in the 6 days since I got all those ELC's, I've seen 9 Festival Merchants in my MA.

So, now I have 8 Elvenade Logistics Centers and 5 Festival Merchants, not all placed yet, but once I reorganize some stuff and get them down, I guess I'll be good on seeds :D
I would place the Festival Merchants first since they are more efficient seed producers. A Halflings level FM makes 85 seeds an hour. It occupies 12 spaces, so it makes 7.08 seeds per square per hour. A Halflings level Elvanade Logistics Center makes 17 seeds per hour. It occupies 3 squares, so production is 5.66 seeds per square per hour.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
@SoggyShorts Is this what you are looking for?
Spirescroll.jpg

HAHA!!