• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Who Else is Getting Pooped-Out?

Salator

Hell All,

It's my day to belly-ache. I am getting really exhausted with all the spires, tourneys, events, and FAs! Really wish Inno would back-off on the Spire and send it our way only every other week...or, perhaps, even less. I would also opt for alternating event frequency with FA frequency, if I could. For instance, Inno would only send us either an FA or an Event once a season. Of course, I could drop one or more of my cities....but, that would be awful as I would miss the people I have met. So, It would really be nice, in my humble opinion, if Inno would let up on the frequency of the spire and the FA/Event cycles. I haven't thrown the tourneys in there with a reduced cycle because, I love nothing better than a good fight! LOL! Anybody else, out there in the Elvenar world feeling like I do?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I don't think you will ever get the developers (or many players') support asking for fewer optional things to do in the game.
From a simple business perspective, you can't spend diamonds when you aren't online, and if there's nothing to do, you won't be.

SoggyShorts

It's also possible to make it much easier on yourself by rushing the spire like many do.
Place some 5-day booster buildings on Friday morning, rush the spire from start to finish using timer instants (the spire gives more timers than this costs), and then rush it again using those same boosters on Sunday. This will give you a 12-day break from the spire while still doing 100% of it.

Bonus: Do the tournament on friday& Saturday using those same boost buildings, and again on Tuesday&wednesday the next tournament before they run out.

oeferbii

Actually, yes - I am feeling hacked off with it all today. Over the last few FAs, my fellowship has increased ranking each time, finishing 22nd last time which was brilliant for us. It was also the first time we had completed all three stages and the first experience some players have had of the abyss, aka The Bottomless Pit! I coordinate the FA and made it clear that we would take it easy this time as we were experiencing different badges etc. However, when I logged in yesterday there was a general message to the fellowship from one of our members to say she was leaving because she has had a busy time lately and the thought of another Fellowship Adventure so soon is just too much. :( So it's not just you feeling that way.

jesikrey

What I am getting pooped out about is the fact that if I add another expansion into my city my troop count goes off the roof and is just out of the question to even attempt to try to negotiate since the number of goods it is now required is also incredibly high.

That is what I'm getting pooped out on. I'm just going to let the lower ranking members of my fellowship carry the load since it is easier for them to fight and negotiate in spire and tourneys.

It seems that the bigger of a player you are the harder it is to attempt any tourneys or spire. I get it, we are growing and should be able to come up with the goods and troops but geez at least if it was reasonable it wouldn't be a hassle.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The difficulty of NOT doing some of the things offered is that by NOT doing them you impact other things in your city too much. I do them all. I find that if I choose to skip one of them I lose some of the resources and upgrades I will need in the future. And that, I think, is by design. As Soggy said they want you HERE where you might just SPEND something.

But, in my opinion the OP already knows the problem is not that there is too much to do, but that they are choosing to do too much too many times. I can't imagine having more than 2 cities to keep up, and even that, for me, would take too much time.

In any case I'm satisfied with one very busy city and a bunch of nice people to drop by in the forum and have a chat or two.

AJ

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I am fine with everything in the game except the frequency of fellowship adventures lately. I like a FA every now and then. Say 3 or 4 a year. But this constant cycle of big event with evolving building/fellowship adventure is wearing on me. And it is not the events, it is the fellowship adventure afterwards. I wish they would mix in some events with sets instead of events with evolving buildings. Merely because it does not seem like a fellowship adventure automatically follows a set event.

Salator

I don't think you will ever get the developers (or many players') support asking for fewer optional things to do in the game.
From a simple business perspective, you can't spend diamonds when you aren't online, and if there's nothing to do, you won't be.
I know ....you are right....what was I thinking????!!! LOL!

It's also possible to make it much easier on yourself by rushing the spire like many do.
Place some 5-day booster buildings on Friday morning, rush the spire from start to finish using timer instants (the spire gives more timers than this costs), and then rush it again using those same boosters on Sunday. This will give you a 12-day break from the spire while still doing 100% of it.

Bonus: Do the tournament on friday& Saturday using those same boost buildings, and again on Tuesday&wednesday the next tournament before they run out.
Great suggestion, Soggy! I will give it a go!

Actually, yes - I am feeling hacked off with it all today. Over the last few FAs, my fellowship has increased ranking each time, finishing 22nd last time which was brilliant for us. It was also the first time we had completed all three stages and the first experience some players have had of the abyss, aka The Bottomless Pit! I coordinate the FA and made it clear that we would take it easy this time as we were experiencing different badges etc. However, when I logged in yesterday there was a general message to the fellowship from one of our members to say she was leaving because she has had a busy time lately and the thought of another Fellowship Adventure so soon is just too much. :( So it's not just you feeling that way.
I didn't think I was alone...so, thank you for confirming that. Soggy Shorts has some good suggestions to to tame the game a bit. I think I am going to try that. Hopefully, I will feel rejuvenated!!! As to this up coming FA, I am not going to be able to participate fully, anyway as space in my city is at a premium....and I don't want to do any teleporting....not right now.

I am fine with everything in the game except the frequency of fellowship adventures lately. I like a FA every now and then. Say 3 or 4 a year. But this constant cycle of big event with evolving building/fellowship adventure is wearing on me. And it is not the events, it is the fellowship adventure afterwards. I wish they would mix in some events with sets instead of events with evolving buildings. Merely because it does not seem like a fellowship adventure automatically follows a set event.
I think, too, why the FA following the big Event is so painful has a lot to do with the lameness of the prizes. So much work for so little return.

you'd miss people in your 87 different cities?
so you can't talk to them unless you are in the spire?
LOL....not 87....but several several! And, yes, I would miss the people! :)

If members are feeling burned out, maybe divide them up and have them only do every other Tourney, FA, Spire, and Event.(((?)))
Interesting idea. Maybe I will suggest it!

BrinDarby

in 6 months there was 1 mini-event , then AirTraders (set) , then 4 evolves in a row, with a FA
for each one. ( that includes the upcomming winter event ) .....

I agree thats just wayyy too many in a row..... Since the ONLY major prizes are 2 artifacts
from the last event....... its really like Misty Forest and Misty Forest FA......... no other prizes
really are given out that AREN'T the same 'ole same 'ole for a FA and Not FA theme'd @ all.

Just make the Ind. Event long enuff for more ppl to get 2 more artifacts, cause the only ppl that
will spend $$$ or diamonds to get 2 more artifacts... are the ones that will skip the FA ....

Then you can just eliminate the FA all together, or make FAs thier own theme, with thier own
prizes, so there doesn't have to be a FA after EVERY darn evolve ind. event.... !!!

AND please, make more pop-up mini-events that are NOT advertized ahead of time
in between the regular events..... ya know ones that ppl cannot plan for ahead.....;)

Salator

The difficulty of NOT doing some of the things offered is that by NOT doing them you impact other things in your city too much. I do them all. I find that if I choose to skip one of them I lose some of the resources and upgrades I will need in the future. And that, I think, is by design. As Soggy said they want you HERE where you might just SPEND something.

But, in my opinion the OP already knows the problem is not that there is too much to do, but that they are choosing to do too much too many times. I can't imagine having more than 2 cities to keep up, and even that, for me, would take too much time.

In any case I'm satisfied with one very busy city and a bunch of nice people to drop by in the forum and have a chat or two.

AJ
AJqtrz, you are probably right...one cannot play this game without participating in the spire and the tourneys at the very least. They are essential...in my perfect world I would cut down on the frequency of the Spire and make the rewards gotten climbing the spire much better.....but, of course, that is total wishful thinking! I operate in at least 4 worlds and have seven cities (obviously operating as different "characters" than Salator)....but, I love all my cities and they are all experiments....some human, some elf, one for fighting, one for beauty, all have different boosteds....so, that is interesting. But, you are probably right....time to ditch some of my cities. Although I have a pretty good regiment of when goods are picked up, when neighborly help is done, etc. etc. etc. See.....I am making excuses to hang onto my cities!!! Lol. In any case, I feel better that I had my day of belly aching!

SoggyShorts

AND please, make more pop-up mini-events that are NOT advertized ahead of time
in between the regular events..... ya know ones that ppl cannot plan for ahead.....;)
Why?
Aside from there being the obvious flaw that you can't Beta test these meaning, they'll either be buggy, unbalanced or at best 100% repeats, why would you want this?
If you don't want to use quest lists or FA maps from beta players...don't.
The quests in events have become so generic anyway that you don't even need a list anymore unless you want to finish quickly.
If you want surprises, you could always start a Beta account yourself.