• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Who has the Brown Bear?

DeletedUser19458

I collected the chest set to get it out of the crafting, and then ended up placing it cause it looks cool. Rewards are pretty sub-par but whatever. It's not in crafting anymore :p

So anyone placed the bear, maybe on beta, and can absolutely confirm how it works? That it is at point of collection that matters and it doesn't actually add more time to productions (to make the additional troops)? I don't want to place it myself yet until I'm certain that is the one I want to evolve (and also on major assumption I get 9 evolutions). Polar bear is making a strong case to me too :)

DeletedUser23708

The main benefit of the chess set is the link bonus. Selling one piece at a time will take a while to recover as 1 additional recipe will occur infrequently. The better thing to do is, when the chess set seems to be getting stale, delete all pieces, and then replace all four much more quickly than doing it one piece at a time. Of course if you don't want the set you could always leave it in your inventory.

Thank you for the good advice!!:D

DeletedUser19458

@Hurtball The reason I didn't say 'I think' or 'it probably works this way' in my post is because I actually know how it works. Sorry to be blunt; repeating myself is a bit of a pet peeve of mine. :confused:
I appreciate the reply however in asking the second time I am looking for a more complete or at least clarified answer to my question. I understand at time of collect I am good to go, but if the effect lasts 12 hours what about all the troops I'm adding to the queue after the effect is live. Does it impact the time it takes to train each slot, or not?

DeletedUser19458

@Hurtball it only affects ur collection...so IF u collect the troops while the bear is fed (regardless if u queued them b4 or after u fed the bear), u get the bonus...if u just stack ur rax but the pet food expires b4 u collect, u won't get the bonus. and no, it doesn't have any effect on the time of training. hope this helps :)
awesome. Thank you @Arkadia & @qaccy !

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
There are a couple things I saw here that I'm not sure were answered adequately. ( sorry but for some reason my quoting seems screwed up)
I may have missed it.
But just to be sure.

1st The Bear does not affect training time. It increases the number of troops you receive Such as ( made up numbers)
Dog training squad without bear ... 2400 dogs in 90 minutes....with bear 3200 dogs in 90 minutes
If it increased training time it would be no better than adding/upgrading armories.

2nd Speaking of armories. I saw a comment something like " upgrading an armory does not affect trained but uncollected troops only troops still in production"
To be exact. Adding/upgrading armories does not affect troops in production. If you want the bonus from an upgraded armory you need to delete any slotted units then re-add them.

kctanzen

Did a test with my newly placed, evolved to 7 brown bear.
Troop bonus is applied while the bear is fed and the stack completes
It did not change the time or supplies required per training slot, adds bonus amount to the slot.
When the feeding effect expires, queued troops immediately went back to normal amounts.
I didnt risk leaving anything uncollected to test that however.

So, my tactics with this bear will coincide with how many timer / supply instants I have available.
Step 1 .. feed bear
Step 2 .. queue up troops
Step 3 .. rush build with timer instant and collect troops
Step 4 .. use supply instants as necessary to get enough supplies for more training
Repeat 2 - 4 as many times as you feel want and have instants available to use

Alternatively, just letting the bear do the job without instants might still be a good option, especially if you can get more than one full training queue in for a feeding. The lessening chance of pet food, with more needs for pet food, is going to cause some choices to be made by many players I think!

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
So, my tactics with this bear will coincide with how many timer / supply instants I have available.
Since feeding it looks like it works the same as PoP or MM spells, here's an idea:
Let all your trained units that are finished just sit there while you queue up troops from other bldgs for overnight. When you get on in the morning, feed the bear, then collect all trained troops.
Then continue with your planned push through of troops, but that first collection should be a nice bump and will help when you are low on instants...

kctanzen

Maybe I should test that next .. have a stack queued up, then feed the bear before collecting the stack.
Somehow, I was under the impression that only 'new' stacks would get the benefits.

Thanks for the idea, Sami.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Maybe I should test that next .. have a stack queued up, then feed the bear before collecting the stack.
Somehow, I was under the impression that only 'new' stacks would get the benefits.

Thanks for the idea, Sami.

pretty sure you keep testing things that people already verified earlier

Dopeykr

I have the Brown Bear fully evolved, in the morning all three military buildings will be full. At that time I'll feed the bear & collect my troops. Since my training time is just a couple of minutes over 3 hours I should be able to collect at least 3 times in the 12 hours that the feeding lasts.