• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Who is in my Trader network?

ElfGunn

It appears that I only see trades from a limited number of players. The ones in my Fellowship, and perhaps the players I have discovered on the world map.

Is there a way to expand my Trader network? The problem for me is that there is almost no steel available in trade, and I'm not boosted in steel.

The lack of steel is really hampering my progression. Thanks in advance for any advice.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
You are right. You can only see trades from your FS and your neighborhood, and from cities slightly outside your discovered neighborhood. Those are the trades that have a fee attached.
The only way to increase the numbers is by scouting and adding people to your FS.
This is why it is good to have an FS with people who are not already neighbors.
As far as your steel problem. If your FS cannot recruit steel producers, and there are no active steel producers near you, the only viable solution is a different FS.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Hi there ElfGunn
You are out on the rim in the southeast corner of the map. So you can see 200 cities besides your own, but many cities are gold mines, and many more appear to be small players.
Your fellowship has many small players as well, with most of the steel producers being smaller than yourself. Perhaps you can appeal to the mages on your group, to collect steel for the group? You need a vibrant and active fellowship to compensate for your lack of neighbors. You may want to consider looking for a fellowship with developed players, with at least half the group who have a higher score than yourself.
Edit: ninja'd by the Muckster :)

Gath Of Baal

Something else you can try to get a lot of Steel at one time into your fellowship is to find a large steel player who might be in another fellowship or perhaps a solo player who has no interest in being in a fellowship. Message them letting them know your fellowships problem and ask if they can join your fellowship for a few hours or days to accept all the trades for steel.

I have done this personally for a few small or young fellowships that were in desperate need of of Marble and Crystal and told them all to 1 star their trades to help them out even more.

What world are you playing on? If it is The K world I would be more then willing to do this for your group. I am not boosted in steel but I have plenty I could spare to help your fellowship.

This method by no means is a long term solution to your fellowships problem but it can help short term

Edit: would have to wait un till after the current tournament is ended though.

ElfGunn

Hi there ElfGunn
You are out on the rim in the southeast corner of the map. So you can see 200 cities besides your own, but many cities are gold mines, and many more appear to be small players.
Your fellowship has many small players as well, with most of the steel producers being smaller than yourself. Perhaps you can appeal to the mages on your group, to collect steel for the group? You need a vibrant and active fellowship to compensate for your lack of neighbors. You may want to consider looking for a fellowship with developed players, with at least half the group who have a higher score than yourself.
Edit: ninja'd by the Muckster :)
Lelanya, thanks for your detailed reply. I didn't know where I am on the map.

Indeed I am considering looking for a FS that has players as active as I am. I have started looking at the Forum thread for FS seeking players.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Indeed I am considering looking for a FS that has players as active as I am. I have started looking at the Forum thread for FS seeking players.
What world are you in? I can offer you a good home in Winy, Khel, or Arendyll.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I think I'm in Cerawyn, but I'm not sure. How do I check?
The easiest way is to log out entirely. When you log back in the game will say what world(s) you have already played in. You can have a city in each world on 1 account.

ElfGunn

The easiest way is to log out entirely. When you log back in the game will say what world(s) you have already played in. You can have a city in each world on 1 account.
It looks like this may be another item the mobile app doesn't have. I tried, but didn't see any world mentioned.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I'm curious how you could tell where a city is located on the map and who is around a city? I'm familiar with ElvenStats, but this information is new to me.
"Also, that is where I examined your city - my alt started there." I finally have a use for the dead pop up city that the sweepers will not remove :)