• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

"/who" not working in chat

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
When I use the who command in chat ("/who") most of the time I get nothing. Only when I restart the game does it work and then, only once. The second time, no go. Anybody else have this problem?

AJ

Sodbury

I've tried it at three different times of day since you posted. Each time, four /who commands in a row have worked just fine. The number of players was different for each group of attempts: two players, four players, and just me.

News to me that any chat commands existed. I can't seem to find any others, and I can't find any documentation of them online.

ajqtrz

I figured it out, I think. I went to Settings, Privacy and Security. In that screen Firefox has three options for handling cookies. The "standard," the "strict" and the "custom." It was on "custom" and all four options were checked. I set it back to standard, restarted and, so far, it's working again. Related to this though, is another problem. when I use "/who" and it works, the next msg I type in chat has to be typed twice. Both come up, but only after typing the second time and pressing Enter. Kind of annoying.

Anybody see that?

AJ

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
It seems to work on app running it consecutively, but not on browser.

Wynfara

When I'm in one of my cities and want to find out who's on, I just look at the fellowship member page. There's a green dot by the people in the city and an empty dot by the ones who aren't (browser). I've never heard of /who, either.

crackie

When I'm in one of my cities and want to find out who's on, I just look at the fellowship member page. There's a green dot by the people in the city and an empty dot by the ones who aren't (browser). I've never heard of /who, either.
The green dot isn't as reliable or accurate as the /who command. Green dot is like +/-20 mins since last seen or something like that.

ajqtrz

And, maybe not so surprisingly, I've never heard of the green dot...until now! Sweet. It's a bit small and takes a couple moments more than "/who" in chat, but it works. I'm wondering when that was added, btw, as I'm pretty sure it's not been there for a long, long time...but maybe it has?

Thanks for the tip.

AJ

defiantoneks

And, maybe not so surprisingly, I've never heard of the green dot...until now! Sweet. It's a bit small and takes a couple moments more than "/who" in chat, but it works. I'm wondering when that was added, btw, as I'm pretty sure it's not been there for a long, long time...but maybe it has?
it's been a while. but as noted, it's a bit useless in practical application because it's not instant. so the green dot could just mean "oh yeah they WERE here, ten minutes ago…"

Soleil Nightbloom

Thanks for the tip.

AJ
The green dot was a feature added from the 1.138 update for PC. Unfortunately, /who is still inconsistent on both the PC and App :rolleyes:

crackie

Still only good for one per session. They be rationing who's. Too many murder mystery podcast fans asking whodunnit.